Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are You Drinking RIGHT NOW? II

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decisions, decisions... Click image for larger version

Name:	20181130_213959.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	600101

Comment

• raven
      raven commented
      Editing a comment
      Here outside of Charlotte I can't find Blanton's at the ABC stores. I do have the Eagle Rare and the Maker's 46 and those two are my favorite bourbons of the ones I have sampled.

• cashelton
      cashelton commented
      Editing a comment
      It's Maker's 46 for me tonight!

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a pile of goodness right there! The first two are tough choices for me. I think Blanton's has more lingering deliciousness, but Eagle Rare has more up front 'now' deliciousness. And since ER is half the price, I vote ER!

Too much, I suppose. I was going to post 'Old Vine Zinfandel'. Imagine my surprise when I found the bottle reads Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon.

Now, where's that salt shaker for the rim...

Comment

Double IPA for me and a cider for her.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181202_165228.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.65 MB ID:	601145

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Only if you're not drinking fast enough.

• Red Man
        Red Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Can’t chug double IPA!

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Psst. It was just for the picture. BUT my girlfriend did make me slam that beer since she downed her cider with lightning speed.

Guinness Stout, poured into a glass. It's a school night...

Comment

• Red Man
        Red Man commented
        Editing a comment
        In that case, better make it a double!

Now it makes me wonder a bit when I'm posting to this tonight, and I'm also the last one to post to this yesterday.

No matter, I'm done wondering. It's my birthday.

Mango Ancho Stout. I bet you didn't see that coming... I went with a Schlafly Stout Flight box to go with Hickory-smoked Country Pork Ribs & Maulls' BBQ Sauce, Baked Yam, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, and Boiled White Mushrooms. I needed a simple dinner plan to be done in time for kickoff.

The other flavors in the box are Mexican-style Chocolate Stout, Raspberry Coffee Stout, and Dolce de Leche Stout.

Click image for larger version

Name:	zinger.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	601724

Comment

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey - oh that's cool. My wife (nurse) has the second shift today. I'll be done - stick a fork in me - when she gets home.

Happy Birthday! Hope you're having a good one...

I didn't like the Dolce de Leche - it's like drinking a loaf of holiday bread.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy belated Birthday, brother!

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones caught it! Thank you. j

Heading to the barbershop so that means I'll be sipping on a whiskey in about 10 minutes.

Comment

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        You give people haircuts while under the influence? That must be fun!

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, ugh, not exactly. Drinks are free at my barber's shop.

Crown royal maple on ice to ward off the chill. 33 deg and light mist here. A couple deg cooler and snow would look and feel better. Cheers!

Comment

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a bit colder in the Lou - how does that work?

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Yuck. Cold rain is the worst. I'd rather have a foot of snow falling and 15 deg than almost freezing wetness.

Tuborg Christmas brew and Gilde Christmas aquavit (2014)

Comment

Name:	611E9F80-8A50-424A-953D-0BF5FE03E0B5.jpeg
Views:	153
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	604851

Comment

• JGo37
          JGo37 commented
          Editing a comment
          I usually reach for the Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA. I've only had this in variety packs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0AE5046E-259B-435C-B36E-91C2527E5AEA.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.41 MB ID:	606407

I’ve got to credit Huskee for this. He’s always trying different whiskey. It got me thinking, why do I always buy the same stuff? That was about 3-4 months ago and I have since realized that I like rye Manhattans waaaay more than bourbon ones. This is my favorite rye so far. I like the 100 proof in a mixed drink, but this is pretty darn tasty neat. Also, at mid $20 price point, I can get 2 for the price on my Blanton's. Anyone else like it?
        Last edited by JCBBQ; December 12, 2018, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Came back from a Caribbean cruise with some rare birds. Such good prices there...like El Dorado 15 year for $26 no duty or tax.

Name:	20181212_164553.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	606613

Comment

And Bambu rum, I've seen this one available here. If you like the taste of butterscotch look no further. Would make a great topping on ice cream...I barely taste the alcohol, it's like candy

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181128_184229.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.52 MB ID:	606618

Comment

And just an FYI regarding my Caribbean cruise. The cruise ships really rip you off on drinks. I was paying $8.00 per drink, and while everyone else was drinking sugary, icy gunk all I ordered was Scotch. I quickly settled on 'Dalwhinnie 15 year' not knowing Bevmo sells it here for $90 per bottle.

There are 17 servings of 1.5 ounce drinks in a 750ml bottle. So 17 x $8.00 per drink = $136 per bottle. So that's some pretty good bang for the buck, compared to paying $6.00 for a beer.

You also pay $8 for the much cheaper Bulliet, Buffalo Trace, Makers Mark to name a few.

Click image for larger version  Name:	3548.jpg Views:	1 Size:	8.1 KB ID:	606635
            Last edited by Larry Grover; December 12, 2018, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Coffee!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Ditto...

• JGo37
                JGo37 commented
                Editing a comment
                +2

One of these Beauties 🌲 Click image for larger version

Name:	4A324D87-083D-40B6-991F-83298DF7D3B8.jpeg
Views:	143
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	607033

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here