Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are You Drinking RIGHT NOW? II

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the six or so bottles of white wine hiding amongst the numerous reds... Click image for larger version

Name:	029518D8-93D2-4127-ACB1-6CB492372970.jpeg
Views:	206
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	575876

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Born and raised 5th generation Hopland kid (Mendocino county). Went to school with Luke Frey.

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh right on. That’s cool.

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried some of their wines on a road trip to Oregon and decided I "needed" to have it shipped to me regularly. LOL

Vodka martini with Bleu cheese olives Click image for larger version

Name:	20181005_185956-1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	575930

Comment

Gin martini with rangpur and lemon peel
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20181006_213859-1.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	575932

Comment

The cover is not even off one of the cookers...so I’m not certain what’s for dinner...but the bar is open. LOL
        Another perfect martini. ;-)

Oh yeah, that Orca "chasertini" or whatever stupid name they gave it is outstanding for outside.

Name:	C4E3D270-A632-4F40-80FB-F7386C8C7BE7.jpeg
Views:	205
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	576858

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          I like it. Grown up's sippy cup?

• surfdog
          surfdog commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty much. That’s even a point they make in their marketing. LOL
          Keeps it cold, keeps bugs out, and if you knock it over...it should keep your drink intact.

I now have four of them. Just the ticket for sitting on the patio in the summer.

Just hanging out with my two buddies Newcastle and Diplomatico (single estate). I've done not one, but two bbq sessions => two YouTube videos today, so darn it if I ain't worth it

Just gonna kick back, relax, and sip some of that good stuff and reminisce. Cheers to all you pit masters out there!

Name:	IMG_2524.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	577436

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Newcastle is high, indeed, on my favourite beers list!

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, it clearly says "The one and only" on the label, and my mama taught me that you should never lie, so I guess it must be true then ;-)

Nothing, but the way the day is going, I should be drinking something...

Comment

Nothing yet ... but I found a great visual aid that should come in handy later this afternoon:

Name:	Red Wine Glasses.png
Views:	158
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	577458

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Love it!

• surfdog
            surfdog commented
            Editing a comment
            Excellent! LOL
            Last edited by surfdog; October 10, 2018, 04:38 PM. Reason: Spelling

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            HeeHee, I have alla th set, lol!

Gotta love a good bourbon barrel aged stout 😋

Name:	88966373-9826-4202-A4B4-DFB5075F1DF9.jpeg
Views:	200
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	577671

Comment

• xaugievike
            xaugievike commented
            Editing a comment
            I was just telling a buddy I had a craving for the Dragon....gonna have to make a stop tomorrow.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            That is some tasty stuff, there!

I've discovered a "new" Jack Daniel's! Sinatra Select. This is the smoothest sipping whiskey that's ever touched my lips. Just a bit in the JD barrel shot glass is a very nice nightcap. Mouton Cadet Rose with lobster thermidor over rice last night.

Comment

Some JW Green tonight. Silk....
            Attached Files

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Fantastic stuff!

• xaugievike
              xaugievike commented
              Editing a comment
              so so good - and obviously the moment and reasoning for my 'advice' post. Thanks for your input, I'll be shopping for some this weekend.

CBD water.

Name:	20181015_192554.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	579633

Comment

• Red Man
              Red Man commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ve been curious about CBD lately. I read an article about CBD infused olive oil earlier. CBD extract must not be intoxicating at all, they sell it at grocery stores and gas stations here.

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, pure CBD has zero psychoactive effect.

A few days ago marked the 1-month point for aging some Weller in a charred oak barrel. I bottled half of it (~3/4 of a fifth bottle) and the other half will go another month. This evening I'm enjoying the results.

It is excellent, IMO. Very oaky (which I love), much smoother, caramelly. Reminds me a lot of Woodford Double Oaked, but a tad oakier.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG1949.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.58 MB ID:	580495

Name:	IMAG1951.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	580512

It is much darker too as you can see.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG1950.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.92 MB ID:	580496

Comment

• JCBBQ
              JCBBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              OK, so you aged the special reserve. I'm going to try the 107 - still haven't gotten around to it yet. Wow, that's a big change in color. Tag me when you have a write up on the two month vs 1 month vs original. I just happened apon this but what front row seats next time.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol, you got it JCBBQ

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice work.

My riff on Jhirshon martini: 2 parts Hendricks, 1 part Sapphire, 1 part Cinzano Dry Vermouth, shaken not stirred, strained into frosted 'tini glass, 2 skewered Mezzetta olives, splash of olive juice, stream Mark Levin, yell at computer, enjoy.

Comment

• Jhirshon
              Jhirshon commented
              Editing a comment
              How was it?

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Jhirshon, I love the blend of the gin, it's just like you describe in your post. I'll have to get an atomizer to spritz the glass as that sounds fun.

Originally posted by CaptainMike View Post
            My riff on Jhirshon...stream Mark Levin, yell at computer, enjoy.
            Is it ok if I stream Kings of Leon and yell at the neighbors' dog? More my style really.

Comment

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Hahaha, gut laugh! Key point is "enjoy"!

Good stuff! Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	584190

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here