Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 22, Summer 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made what I call poor man's NY strip. These are choice chuck eye steaks, SV 127.5 for 2 hours, 45 minutes, then ice bath and overnight in refrigerator. Seared next night for dinner on kettle using cold grill spin technique. They were flavorful, juicy, very tender, and uniformly done with no grey meat .

Usually I SV steak for 2 hours but for these chuck eyes the extra 45 minutes takes them to tender land. They were yummy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210830_180448839.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1086035

Name:	IMG_20210830_180714573.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1086036

Comment

Tri tip. Sous vide at 135 for about 3.5 hours, shocked, then seared. No rubs or anything because it was pretty heavily preseasoned when we bought it.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by STEbbq; August 31, 2021, 03:37 PM.

Comment

I realize I'm a couple of days late on simple burger night, but I've always had problems keeping up with the crowd. 85/15 ground chuck, pepper jack, roasted bun, Boar's Head honey mustard, ketchup, yummy tomato and some lettuce.

Don't worry about the lump charcoal sparking, it was only when the lid was open and too much air was coming through the intake. With regard to the cooked patties being on paper toweling, I'm considering a new business to cut into PJ's monopoly. This would only be my entry level offering.

Name:	2021-08-31 19.31.38.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	1086181

Name:	2021-08-31 19.32.08.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	1086182

Name:	2021-08-31 19.33.56.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	1086180

Comment

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! Lost me at ketchup, won me back at pepper jack!

Being the west coast distribution manager for PHJ, I would be interested in diversifying my portfolio.

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          Those are some thick juicy looking burgers.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Great lookin foods, an also some great shots, Brother!

What's for dinner tonight?
        Made from scratch Condensed Mexican cream of chicken soup

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mex Cond Chick Soup.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.39 MB ID:	1086212
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Mex Cond Chick Soup 2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.90 MB ID:	1086213

In a big pot add in these fixins
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Tort Soup fixings.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.57 MB ID:	1086214

Stir and simmer for about an hour then rest for 20 minutes and……………………...You have Hatch Chili Chicken Tortilla Soup
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Tort Soup.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.58 MB ID:	1086215

Comment

1st I need to apologize. The recipe was posted and I can't backtrack to see who the OP was. I copied the recipe from their post and emailed to me then dropped into Paprika.
        It's Fried Thighs using Vortex on Kettle.
        My twist was drum sticks. Only 2 as it was only me. Scaled in Paprika. Followed the mix but used grapeseed oil. Apple chunks. Grilled corn. Crisp, moist and delicious.
        Note, picture on the elevated grate was after a chicken was cooked. How I did the corn.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210831_190625.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.76 MB ID:	1086217Click image for larger version  Name:	20210831_191333.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.44 MB ID:	1086218

Comment

I give you some of the most unhealthy mac and cheese you'll ever eat....

So I've been wanting to do some smoked mac and cheese, but wanted to nail down my mac and cheese first. I've made some mac and cheeses in my life that were just horrid. (The "perfect" mac and cheese to me is Stouffer's, not Kraft's.)

I've been watching (and warming up to) Sam The Cooking Guy's youtube channel and he has a recipe for what he calls Southern Baked Mac and Cheese. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0XfxojF_nY

So, I made it. It's very, very good.....and very, very rich.....and horribly unhealthy: 1/2 bacon, 2 cups whole milk, 3 eggs, 3 cups of cheese (sharp cheddar and Monterey jack), 1 cup of Velveeta, and 2 cups of elbow macaroni.

It actually came out as more of a casserole due to the eggs, which I actually kinda liked. With chopped brisket, this would be perfect as its own meal. As a main course without meat (other than the bacon), I it felt as if it were missing something to my taste. It may just need some pepper or diced jalapeños.

Still very good.....and I will make it again. Want to try some other recipes before I decide on which one I want to smoke.

That top crisps up beautifully after 40 minutes in the oven!

Name:	IMG-4992.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	1086262

Name:	IMG-4993.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	1086261

Comment

• SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            STEbbq don’t you mean where’s the shrimp?

• Michael_in_TX
            Michael_in_TX commented
            Editing a comment
            I think this is the one I will try to smoke. It's actually better the next day (had some for breakfast)! And yes, all it needed was a few grinds of fresh black better. I actually think I really like the "casserole" consistency.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            So, th 11"x 13" is One Servin, right???

Starting to get ready for the Mexican Fiesta we're hosting for a group of friends on Saturday. First up is Smoked Salsa using the Hey Grill Hey recipe - https://heygrillhey.com/smoked-salsa/. If you look closely at the picture with the onions and garlic, you'll some crunchy looking, shriveled up jalapenos. I'm still kind of getting used to my MGS 560 and apparently the top left of the cooking chamber is a bit of a hot spot. No matter though, they give the salsa a little bit of texture and it is so good, I know that I'm now ruined for store bought salsa. Now I just have to either find tomatillos around here or start growing them so I can do the same with a salsa verde.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Funk Yeayahhh!!! Nice Job, Brother!

Korean spiced ground pork and kimchi bowl with roasted butternut squash, cucumbers, edamame and marinated hard boiled eggs.

Comment

Name:	3C014497-718D-40D4-9452-D70879C62E71.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	1086800Click image for larger version

Name:	0A3437D8-D507-488C-B860-9B68423DB2B2.jpeg
Views:	256
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	1086799 Nothing fancy or special tonight. Caught a sale on some baby back ribs. $2.99/lb. Funny. A year or so ago that was the everyday price.

Anyway, 5.5 hours on the Recteq at 250. Yummy.

Comment

• Mike-Sid
            Mike-Sid commented
            Editing a comment
            They are $7.49 a lb at our local grocery store. Looks like yours came out good. Mmmm

Wibs! Got the smoker out of it’s hurricane hidyhole
          Attached Files

Comment

• Whiskeyman53
            Whiskeyman53 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have the same pellet grill , Smokepro DLX, not sure what pellet brand you use but lately I been having issues with Bear Mountain. Wild temp fluctuations and flameouts. I plan on going back to Lumberjack which I had no issue with.

• smokenoob
            smokenoob commented
            Editing a comment
            Whiskeyman53 I mostly use cookinpellets and this last cook was with Bear mountain pellets. Seems to work fine.

A really rainy night, IDA remnants. So, Mac and Cheese with my spin.

Traders Joes M&C. Did per box recipe. Added leftover T-Bone steak diced, Cowboy Candy whole. Mixed in seasoned bread crumbs. In pyrex dish sprinkled more bread crumbs. In oven 15 minutes. The result is IMHO pretty good.

Name:	20210901_191239.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	1086891Click image for larger version

Name:	20210901_192945.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	1086892Click image for larger version

Name:	20210901_193313.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	1086893

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Draznnl Agree…leftover T-bone steak? Like…who even does that?

• SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s like me saying "leftover wine" to freeze and use for stock/sauces. What leftover wine? 🍷

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            inspirational use of leftovers, fast an easy meal, or side....totally along fer this ride, an way of thinkin/improvisin...

Wednesday Night SnS Weber Grill Lobster Tails and Baked Clams...Why? Because I can...

Name:	IMG_6108.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	1086926Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6100.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	1086927Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6105.JPG
Views:	259
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	1086925

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Troy, you are da man !!!!

• troymeister
            troymeister commented
            Editing a comment
            SheilaAnn What the heck is a baller?

• SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            troymeister my slang definition and how I use the word: a baller is someone who really brings their A-Game. I will make a Chicago sports reference: Michael Jordan was a baller!

I broke out the ever economical Son of Hibachi to cook 1/3 of a flank steak. It got away from me, and much to my girlfriend's delight, I over cooked it a bit. But it was still very tasty. I'm working on dialing in a good Thai-style beef salad with lots of herbs and a tasty dressing and in my opinion the recipe is already delicious.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resizer_16305475319473.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.86 MB ID:	1086962

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resizer_16305475319472.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.35 MB ID:	1086960

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resizer_16305475319471.jpg Views:	3 Size:	3.19 MB ID:	1086959

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resizer_16305475319470.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.57 MB ID:	1086961

Last edited by Attjack; September 1, 2021, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            If I ever had to hunt down Attjack, I'd follow the watermelon trail.

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice colors, love the last shot !!

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            what wonderful foods, colors, platin, an pics, Brother!
            Many thanks fer sharin with us!

Inspired by pkadare I made Korean-style pork kimchi rice bowls with roasted squash and cucumber. 🥣

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resizer_16306321672150.jpg Views:	16 Size:	3.29 MB ID:	1087361
          Last edited by Attjack; September 2, 2021, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• pkadare
            pkadare commented
            Editing a comment
            That looks incredible!

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, that looks insane.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I could easily start a emagazine, blog, or foodie website with that 1 pic...

Getting ready for the long weekend with a batch of Memphis Dust and Meatheads’s KC BBQ sauce
          Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here