Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 22, Summer 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meathead 's crab cakes with rosemary aioli served with green beans and baked potato. Had an opportunity to get some fresh lump crab meat. Really good. This recipe is my go to. Amazing. All.cooked on my new Grilla Primate.
    Attached Files

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      Going all in on Grilla? Cool!

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Those look fantastic! I love crab cakes. I currently use this recipe

Baltimore-style Country Club Crab Cakes By Andrew Zimmern This is my favorite crab cake recipe. If you don’t overmix, and don’t pack your mounds too tightly, you will experience pure, unadulterated crab cake heaven. It’s a true Baltimore-style country club crab cake, without filler ingredients. I make these in double batches and put the leftovers…  Read More →

And sub in Panko for the saltines. A couple shakes of Old Bay the second they come out of the pan. Homemade tartar sauce.

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Mmmm. I love crab cakes, but rarely have them, due to the expense of good lump crab...

Looks great David! There's no Fresh Crab Meat here.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, Skip I'm certain that some folks in Minnesota have crabs! (You can trust me, I'm a doctor. 😬)

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll bet they’re not near as big as the crabs in Texas.

Beef short ribs with BBBR. Wrapped and put in cooler to rest for an hour before dinner. Served with a Caprese salad made with tomatoes and basil from our garden and some baked beans.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210829_145811.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	1085141Click image for larger version

Name:	20210829_180814.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	1085142Click image for larger version

Name:	20210829_181045.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	1085143

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice!

Name:	20210829_174333.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	1085167Click image for larger version

Name:	20210829_174359.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	1085166

Several years ago we went to my Nieces Wedding in Oregon and with a little time to kill we went to a Winery where we were served Dates stuffed with Goat Cheese, Wrapped with Bacon and Baked Crispy. They were Great! So today I made pizza. A Forkish Crust, Olive Oil, Bacon, Onion, Dates, and Goat Cheese. There was also a Balsamic Glaze (not pictured)served on the side which IMO pushed it up a notch! Grilled on the BGE with pizza stone.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice pizza, Skip The combination of sweet and savory and fire and yeast is pretty awesome!

Reduced down a san marzano Texas red chili for dinner.

Name:	0145A2FA-C30F-4051-ACBE-08561DA32F4A.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	1085191

Comment

• Jim White
      Jim White commented
      Editing a comment
      Multicultural. Love it!

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      You are Rocking My World Bro!!

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that's a bowl of red!!

Wife and I went over to my parents house to eat with them tonight, it was requested that I again bring some smoked chicken wings. Also did some corn
    Attached Files

Comment

SnS Grilled Swordfish, Sweet Potato with Creamy Basil, Tarragon, Lemon and Mushroom Sauce with Speckles of Habanero from the Garden.Steamed Artichoke on the Side.

Name:	IMG_6095.JPG
Views:	287
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	1085206

Comment

I've been growin' corn for close to 40 years, and I never had a total failure to germinate - until this year. I'm gonna claim it's bad seed, (insert joke here...). So I had to replant and that meant I picked corn for the first time this year today. I made some Vortex chicken breasts and some Brussels sprouts to accompany the corn.

And I made a loaf of sandwich bread today too.

Name:	20210829_183740[1].jpg
Views:	252
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	1085215

Name:	20210829_184116[1].jpg
Views:	241
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	1085216

Name:	20210829_182900[1].jpg
Views:	241
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	1085217

Comment

I haven’t done a pork loin in a while and Kroger’s had some nice ones on sale last week. After marinating it in Good Seasons Italian Dressing for several hours, I wrapped the loin in bacon after stuffing it with sliced jalapeños and cream cheese. It was liberally dusted with Tony’s inside and out. I was in the mood for something different, so I grilled it between the baskets with several chunks of mesquite instead of my usual hickory.

I also did some yellow rice and spiced it up with sautéed onions, bell pepper and baby Bella mushrooms. Both of my supermodel girlfriends agreed it was the best pork loin they’ve ever had. To be continued…..

Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Tony C's for the win !!

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            So, Panhead John , your super model girl friends really loved your loins. Why am I not surprised!

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            That looks really good!!

Made some flank steak for tacos tonight. Rubbed the flank with Meat Church Holy Voodoo. Then made up my Chimichurri, along with black beans and dirty rice. No photos of plated dinner, but this flank was nearly perfect! Really enjoy the Holy Voodoo stuff for a lot of different meats.

Name:	8FF0AC88-2A23-4466-ABF2-E1DD509A4B62.jpeg
Views:	255
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	1085248

Comment

• KiloVolt89
            KiloVolt89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Great lookin' flank, such an underrated cut! Good for a quick cook or taco/fajita.

The world's smallest brisket? We had a 1.8 lb brisket from a bulk beef purchase a while back. Never quite sure what to do with it. Didn't think it would hold up to a long slow cook so decided to try SVQ. 36 hrs @ 131 F. Cooled it down over night. Rubbed with Hanks Bonafide, then 2 hrs at 240 F on the smoke vault with post oak. Came out fantastic! Served with a slice of flyingpiglet 's tomato galette.

Name:	PXL_20210829_235617119.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	1085302

Name:	PXL_20210830_001233886.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	1085303

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Good work on the brisket, that's how we like it as well. Also love the look of that galette, nice looking plate overall !!

My absolute favorite food...... Samosas, just a hint of heat, packed with ground beef, "curry powder". I put that quotation marks because there is no such thing....

Washed down with a cold Modelo Especial.....

Name:	PXL_20210830_041931869.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	1085339Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210830_043514231.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	1085340
          ​​​​

Comment

• 58limited
            58limited commented
            Editing a comment
            I love samosas

• JakeT
            JakeT commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you ever made Bolivian Salteñas? They’re similar to almost every other culture that has a meat packed pastry of sorts but entirely unique. I’ve been a few times to Cochabamba visiting family and I’m here to tell ya…they’re darn tasty. Might be a fun thing to try for a chef of your skill! I’m too intimidated to try so far haha

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome. Do you mean 'curry powder, no such thing' because it's so different depending who makes it, like a "BBQ rub", or something else?

For my last pellet grill cook I smoked some dogs.

Name:	Resizer_16303028659771.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	362.0 KB
ID:	1085363

Name:	Resizer_16303028659770.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	296.4 KB
ID:	1085364

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            Like an M.C. Escher etching!

• JakeT
            JakeT commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow that looks good

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Fancy presentation, but .... did you use temp probes when cooking these??

My daughter wanted Pierogies for her birthday dinner. Made four dozen potato/cheese and a dozen with kraut all mixed with plenty of caramelized onions. Only a few stragglers left remaining afterwards.

Of course, I forgot to snap a photo of them cooked....

Name:	Pierogi 1.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	1085404

Comment

Sometimes you feel like a salad... Island Pork Tenderloin Salad to be precise. Jim White here at the Pit turned me onto this recipe, and I'll tell you - its one of the tastier things to do with a pork tenderloin, even if you don't put it on top of the salad! The cinnamon and other spices give the pork a great flavor, as does the sweet yet spicy glaze.

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/f...n-salad-108103

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6022.jpeg Views:	20 Size:	3.29 MB ID:	1085428Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6024.jpeg Views:	20 Size:	3.31 MB ID:	1085429Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6025.jpeg Views:	20 Size:	3.13 MB ID:	1085430
            Last edited by jfmorris; August 30, 2021, 10:27 AM. Reason: Credit to Jim White as source of this recipe.

Comment

• Jim White
              Jim White commented
              Editing a comment
              That looks so good! I had just been thinking about that recipe, too! Great minds and all that.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here