Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 22, Summer 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, had to make some Tacos to keep up with the Joneses.

Fresh Ling Cod, dipped in milk, rolled in corn flour with a little wheat flour, salt & pepper, fried in avocado oil with a little butter
    mayo/sour creme/roasted pepper sauce
    cabbage
    avocadoes
    cilantro
    roasted & fresh tomatillo, roasted chilis, lime salsa
    on corn tortillas, of course.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8819.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	582.6 KB ID:	1092076Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8820.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	474.5 KB ID:	1092078Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8821.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	472.4 KB ID:	1092075Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8823.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	500.7 KB ID:	1092077
    Last edited by Dr. Pepper; September 10, 2021, 11:31 PM. Reason: Clarification editing.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait a minute here Mister, I can tell by the pics Troutman is there with you. I recognize his thumb holding that taco. You can’t fool us!
      Last edited by Panhead John; September 11, 2021, 07:45 AM.

Good Morning
    Attached Files

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that would be a good morning!

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m with jfmorris on this one. Don’t want to be critical of someone’s cook but my wife and I are taking my neighbor out to breakfast in AN HOUR. Come on - you are killing me with this photo. I am starving now!

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Jim White you hit the nail on the head! I would much rather be making up a mess of breakfast food on the Camp Chef rather than struggling to lose a couple of pounds a week...

Baby back ribs are on the menu
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rgriffeath; September 11, 2021, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      You just made the list ,pal!!!

• rgriffeath
      rgriffeath commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker Thank you! That’s a great way to start the day.

• Eric2662
      Eric2662 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice job! Something about the first two closeups stopped me in my tracks.

Ok, here's the results. Wegmans 12 oz. Strip Steak. On Kettle. Fully chimney pushed to one side for indirect. Temp to 225. Actual 235ish.
    Rub on in fridge about 3 hours.
    On indirect flipped 2 times. IT 110. Over to direct and flipped a couple of times. IT 130 and off.
    Results. Picture worth a thousand words. A bit of crunchy with the bark. Taste, exploded with everything bite.
    Note. I am not paid for this endorsement.
    ​ ​ ​

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry bro….no pics showed up.

Picked up a whole 14 lb boneless rib roast from Creekstone Farms. Sliced it up for steaks that headed for the freezer. Kept out a couple to grill tonight over an oak fire on the Buckaroo. Served it with sauteed mushrooms, brocollini, and grilled corn.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210911_164545091.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	1092642

Name:	PXL_20210912_014341191.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	302.6 KB
ID:	1092643

Name:	PXL_20210912_020306393.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	281.3 KB
ID:	1092644

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am impressed with the uniformity of the cuts. Great job. I expect someone in the house to upstage you tomorrow.

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      That's blue cheese, verdad? Looks nice. I prefer cutting them into steaks. Rib roasts have a deficient surface to volume ratio, not enough salty caramelization hits the palate.

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Dr. Pepper - yes a bit of blue cheese. flyingpiglet was having some on her steak so I had a dab. I'm usually not a fan, but it was tasty. glitchy - Right, the objective for this roast was steaks. Have also cut rib roasts out of earlier ones. But I prefer bone-in for standing rib roasts.

One thing led to another...

Name:	PXL_20210912_022419296 (1).jpg
Views:	292
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	1092650Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210912_025559016.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	1092651

Comment

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      Love a good Bolognese...Nice Homemade Pasta too.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Weird.......you made something that made me drool.

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Bravo

2nd try.

Ok, here's the results. Wegmans 12 oz. Strip Steak. On Kettle. Fully chimney pushed to one side for indirect. Temp to 225. Actual 235ish.
    Rub on in fridge about 3 hours.
    On indirect flipped 2 times. IT 110. Over to direct and flipped a couple of times. IT 130 and off.
    Results. Picture worth a thousand words. A bit of crunchy with the bark. Taste, exploded with everything bite.
    Note. I am not paid for this endorsement.

Name:	20210911_184130.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	1092653Click image for larger version

Name:	20210911_192355.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	1092654

Name:	20210911_192534.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1092655

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful my friend!

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Really, really nice!

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful steaks, and the potatoes look up to the job as well.

Thawed out a couple of Costco's version of Picahna, which has had the fat cap removed, and is labeled sirloin cap. I cut them into steak sizes and vac freeze.

1. Dry Sous Vide: S&P, then in the oven, on a rack, at 220 until IT 122
    2. Wood fire sear with frequent turning.
    3. Eat

This has 1-2 mm of grey band, but not dry. As you can see, one side may have spent too long on the grill (I was momentarily distracted.) However, personally, I will accept that depth of grey in return for the surface flavor. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Name:	IMG_8832.jpeg
Views:	271
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	1092670Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8833.jpeg
Views:	308
Size:	243.4 KB
ID:	1092669Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8834.jpeg
Views:	281
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	1092671

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks fine to me!

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thick cuts like that are hard to get perfect edge to edge. I think you nailed it, I wouldn't apologize about that one bit.

Steaks on the grill..
    grilled veggies and potatoes on the side..
    Henrik 's signature rub.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20210911_181251~2.jpg Views:	26 Size:	2.14 MB ID:	1092691Click image for larger version  Name:	20210911_194232~2.jpg Views:	28 Size:	2.19 MB ID:	1092689Click image for larger version  Name:	20210911_195248~2.jpg Views:	26 Size:	2.02 MB ID:	1092690
    Last edited by Elton's BBQ; September 12, 2021, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      You forgot to mention the sauce. What you got going on there? Sure looks good.

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      tbob4 It's my more or less famous whiskypepper sauce..👌

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good! Bonus points for the glass of wine while cooking, that's how professionals do it :-)

Pork Chops Vesuvio from last Week

Name:	IMG_6088.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	1092803Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6077.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	1092802Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6086.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	1092804

Comment

Dino Ribs on the BGE. I had a friend of mine that is gearing up for harvest season and he asked me if I could smoke these for him because he is just too busy. So....hear we are. This cook went great. I used some small oak splits and a firebox of B&B charcoal. Beef ribs and pork belly might be my favorite BBQ items. Between those two, it toss up. I think fat might have something to do with it.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        it was not easy! Jfrosty27

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice!!

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        Give me dino ribs over brisket any day of the week! Those look awesome!

So I wanted to try my first rack of ribs on my new smoker. However supermarket had sold out and I could only get the chopped separated ones. So rather than sulk I got these and gave it a shot. Could have done with maybe an hour more above the 3.25hrs but taste and smoke ring were bang on in my Newby opinion lol. Going to try and a full rack and try again in couple of days. Rubbed with Nandos bbq rubb as my home made one a bit on the warm side for my daughter and polished off with honey bbq sauce from HP.
      Attached Files

Comment

Filet mignon dry brined overnight with salt. Then sous vide for about 2 hrs to 131 F, brushed with some oil and sprinkled with pepper. Finally seared over the ridged portion of Grill grates-striving for grill marks sorry Meathead
      Attached Files

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, yes, shoulda picked that up from your original post. LOL.

Great looking G marks though.

• Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Love those G-marks!

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Branded!

The Burbon BBQ beans recipe on the Amazing Rib site. Using the option to soak the apple in the bourbon. Great recipe if you like sweet beans. Edit: Added a picture of the bacon, bell pepper and onion. I added meat chuch honey bbq to onion. Smoked most of the bacon with killer hogs bbq rub. I use way more bacon than recipe..

Name:	20210912_122215.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	1092919Click image for larger version  Name:	20210912_113214.jpg Views:	13 Size:	3.20 MB ID:	1092894
      Attached Files
      Last edited by saneric38; September 12, 2021, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Man, me and Jim had a lotta good times back in the day........

• Andrrr
        Andrrr commented
        Editing a comment
        Spinaker I’m enjoying his company right now. Don’t be a quitter!

Name:	E290373A-F1FB-45B9-81D9-327B124C7989.jpeg
Views:	265
Size:	219.3 KB
ID:	1092917 I took my run at smoked cream cheese. Used regular block of cream cheese, Plowboys Yardbird rub and Stubb’s Sweat Heat. The cross hatch cut allows for more surface area and easy "serving" size.
      Cooked at 250F, 1.5hrs. Small block of pecan for smoke.
      Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here