Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 22, Summer 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seafood Gumbo. Crawfish, shrimp and Andouille sausage. Had some frozen crawfish leftover from my bug boil a few months back. Wife (who is allergic to shell fish) was out of town visiting her sister..... so it was all for me

Made the seafood stock from 1/2 lb shrimp, the shells from the shrimp I used in the Gumbo, veggies + couple bottles of clam broth to help the broth along.

I like a dark Gumbo. So here is a pic of the roux just after adding the onion, bell pepper, celery and seasoning.

And the finished product. One of the best Gumbo's I've made.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Daayum man! Stellar looking!

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! Whenever I hear someone talking about roux, I can’t help but think of the book "who’s your mama? Are you catholic? Can you make a roux?"

It’s a Cajun/creole cookbook. And I’m stumped as to why I don’t own it.

Pork Carnitas
    Attached Files

Comment

• Eric2662
      Eric2662 commented
      Editing a comment
      These are really gorgeous shots! That 2nd one especially with the close up of the pork.😋

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      rgriffeath I'm pretty certain that I am not the only one who would like to know your carnitas methods, recipe, technique, secrets (SS number, credit card security numbers, DOB?)

• tamidw
      tamidw commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great! One of my favorite ways to used pulled pork. Would love to know your seasonings for the meat.

Baby JHoskins requested some chimichurri, zucchini, and roast potatoes for her first dinner on the deck. So, I grabbed the four day old, with some help from my brother-in-law, and whipped this up.
    tasty. No babies were harmed in the taking of this picture, although she has been introduced to the smell of charcoal
    ​ Click image for larger version

Name:	060A2478-A5C8-4D3C-98E1-84D35D0267DD.jpeg
Views:	266
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	1078961 ​​​​​​​

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      What a little angel! 👼🏻

Grub looks good, too 💕

• tamidw
      tamidw commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Great Shot, Beautiful Daughter!

She might be a lil bit delayed, startin BBQ School four days late, but with determination, an yer tutelage, she'll easily make up fer lost time!

Pro Tip: Feed em every typa food ya safely can, afore they git old enough to say "I don't like that! "

Sometimes you do something completely random and it tastes phenomenal. I totally nailed this one. So wanted some tuna.....so found a frozen ahi tuna steak and defrosted it in water for 30 mins. Then wanted to marinate it Asian-style....so, what does a marinade have? Salt....oil....and acid. Okay.....2 tbl soy sauce, 2 tbl toasted sesame oil, and 2 tbl lime juice.

Marinate for 25 minutes. Get a cast iron skillet up to 500 F, splash in a little avocado oil, and then the tuna, 2.5 minutes per side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-4962.JPG
Views:	286
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	1078981

With a very sharp knife (very sharp, else the tuna will tear I have found), slice gently. (Is this not lovely?)

Name:	IMG-4963.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	1078983

Some steamed brocolli, dashed with sesame seeds, dried parsley, and granlated garlic, a little EVOO, and a bit of salt, topped with some shredded cheddar cheese. Accompanied by brown rice.

The sauce is some spicy Korean BBQ sauce.

Nailed it.

Name:	IMG-4964.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1078982

Comment

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!!...I love it! Crunchy on the outside..Sashimi in the Middle!...The Best...
      Last edited by troymeister; August 17, 2021, 07:28 PM.

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, nailed it! Gorgeous tuna.

• Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks delicious!

Kettle fried 🐔 with 🌽 and 🍉

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resizer_16292548640250.jpg Views:	8 Size:	9.58 MB ID:	1079049

Name:	Resizer_16292548640251.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	1079124
    Last edited by Attjack; August 17, 2021, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Stellar Summer Goodness!!!

Wings!! Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210818_034559643.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	1079119

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      My son took all the flats. He hurt my feelings

• tamidw
      tamidw commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the flats better too. 🙂 Wings look good!

Grilled Sablefish with za'taar and green harissa over pureed ful medames, with pearl couscous "risotto", and pita.

Name:	IMG_5785.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1079130

Comment

"Dirty" flank steak tacos.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        Yummy!

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Ain’t mad at ya!

Wife and I have been on vacation in Florida so I haven't been cooking much lately, though I was eating pretty well during that time period

Last night was our first night back, I made shrimp pad thai. Forgot garnish, was too hungry to care
      Attached Files

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Because when all you can pad Thai is think about……

Did some beef short ribs on monday. Red oak and veterans beef rub. Came out great.

Name:	759CF129-5FB7-4BB0-9C44-63FFBE77F639.jpeg
Views:	249
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	1079397

Name:	35C88C98-A5C0-497D-8A5C-A46B9D7AA858.jpeg
Views:	208
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	1079398

Comment

Pan Fried Walleye (I Caught) Air Fried Truffle Parm Spiral Sweet and regular Potatoes, Cucumber and Tomato Salad from the Garden.

Name:	IMG_6021.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	1079400

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          troymeister Pan-Fried Walleye is still my favorite, from my youth fishing in WI, MN, Quetico. Did you catch these in the DesPlaines or Chicago River?

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a 1000 times. I would chew my arm off for walleye or lake perch. I’ve checked online options and they are not portioned. I’m not going to buy a 10-25# block of fish. Can any of my Midwestern brethren help a sister out?

That looks so good! I wanna church fish fry!

• troymeister
          troymeister commented
          Editing a comment
          Dr. Pepper I was on vacation near Brainerd Minnesota. I wouldn’t eat any fish from the DesPlains or Chicago River unless I want to glow in the dark.. lol

Grilled chicken salad tonight. I grilled the chicken tenders and SWMBO made the salad.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210818_180738[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.46 MB ID:	1079437

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210818_182031[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.88 MB ID:	1079438

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome Teamwork!

Beautimous platin, an pics, as well, Brother!

Be Sure to show to th Missus...

Needed an easy button, so I grilled a salad for dinner.

Name:	95F7387B-9BCC-42E3-A8A3-487C873F76D4.jpeg
Views:	226
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	1079441

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          I like the way you think...

• Red Man
          Red Man commented
          Editing a comment
          My kinda salad!

Still on Vacation. I’ll be cooking again next week.

tonight’s Dinner got me all in knots

Name:	B3100503-9268-41C3-81C0-F169A67196B4.jpeg
Views:	204
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	1079450

Comment

Everything looks so awesome!!
          Just did a quick cook of some chicken legs to fill the void in the belly on the CrapMaster 2000. Lots of attention needed but it turns out ok.
          It's just barely usable for anything except beef. It likes to run at 550 on the low setting, I added the thermometer. But what do you expect for $38 right? Best part is I can use it on my 2nd floor porch with impunity, no charcoal.
          Turned out ok
          Attached Files

Comment

• Jfrosty27
            Jfrosty27 commented
            Editing a comment
            I love it. The definition of improvisation. You make it work. Well done Pitmaster!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here