Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 22, Summer 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vienna brand condiments, essentials for a true Chicago Hot Dog. (ps, do you see any ketchup in this picture? No, I didn't think so. And now that I live in Seattle, I've got to say I'm glad there is no cream cheese in this photo either. Major yuk!)

Click image for larger version  Name:	ChgoStyleCondemintKit.png Views:	20 Size:	508.2 KB ID:	1091327
    Last edited by Dr. Pepper; September 9, 2021, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Dr. Pepper I know! It has that on all the products I looked at. Weird!

• grillinglousiana
      grillinglousiana commented
      Editing a comment
      I made the same order..along with poppy seed buns and the dogs....my granddaughter lives in Chicago now..and introduced me to the Chicago dog..they are good...cannot find any of the Chicago dog ingredients in lousiana

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      grillinglousiana Good for you!
      The essential ingredient from Vienna is the Sport Peppers. I figure you can find the rest locally, including: beef wieners (not too fat, so that there is room on your bun for all the rest!), French's yellow mustard, celery salt, sliced tomatoes, Claussen dill pickles (Costco now has great dill pickles as well), diced onions (wife likes sweet onions). Maybe the sesame buns are also worth ordering from Chicago? And, if you're into neon, the relish!

Quick but delicious dinner. I used a frozen bag of truffle risotto that's actually really good. While the fish finished in the oven I put together a salad served with olive oil and fig balsamic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resizer_16312429849280.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	347.2 KB
ID:	1091346

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Even your simple meals have the flair of a magazine cover

After seeing Troutman ‘s excellent pics and write up of his Taco Chronicles, I was in the mood for some steak fajitas/tacos. I was able to get the flank just where I wanted it, medium rare. I marinated it for a while in Good Seasons Italian Dressing and a little garlic salt and pepper. Dressed it up with pico and a little sour cream. They turned out pretty good, but I doubt anyone here will confuse these with Steve’s.

Attached Files

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      I dunno, Panhead John. Those beautiful tacos could have been posted by Steve.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      You can cook!! Nice job.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Two thumbs up

Did shrimp tacos last night. Used the last of my avocado crema and pickled onions and added some slaw and hot sauce. Charred the tortillas on the gas stovetop. Shrimp were cooked on the flat top with a combo of Heaven Made's Amazin Flamin Cajun and New Bay seasoning. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure I can't buy any more of that New Bay seasoning, I can't find it on their website anymore. Hope it comes back, that was some good stuff...as were these tacos.

Edit: forgot to mention the wife made spanish rice to accompany the tacos. Sure looked pretty, but we decided to forego the rice the next time we are out of all but brown rice. Just not the same.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Joey877; September 10, 2021, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks fantastic

Dinner last night (and lunch today) consisted of "cajun spiced" burgers and pan fried potatoes. Wife thought it was all a bit spicy, but she ate it just the same. She gave me the recipe after all!

This was one of the smaller cooks I've done on the flat top, but it sure beats making a mess on the stove and cleanup is super easy. Water, scrape, more water, wipe with a steaming rag, oil, done.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6164.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	3.19 MB ID:	1091525
    Last edited by jfmorris; September 10, 2021, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great. I’ve had my griddle for a year now. What a tool it has been.

Speed tacos. I've been trying to figure out how simple and fast I can make these and still have them taste good.

For the marinade for a 6-oz piece of skirt steak (enough for three tacos) it is just two tablespoons each of soy sauce, lime juice, and canola oil. Marinate for at least 90 minutes. That gets the flavor there to a noticeable amount. Longer times, up to about four hours will continue to tenderize the meat.

Cook 2:30 a side in a 500 F cast iron skillet. Continue flipping every 30 seconds until interior is 135 F if not there already. Rest for three minutes. While resting, warm tortillas (I steam them in a microwave for 30 seconds). Chop steak into small cubes, layer in tacos with meat, hot sauce, and cheese.

Yum and relatively fast.

Name:	IMG-5006.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	1091725

Comment

Last night's tri tips. One made with Meathead's Amazing Red Meat seasoning and one with BBBR. Cooked with charcoal and almond wood. Both amazing. Hard to pick a fave.

Not a very good sliced shot but I forgot until we were done eating.

Name:	IMAG7488.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	1091733Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG7494.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	1091734Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG7493.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	1091732

Name:	IMAG7503 (2).jpg
Views:	231
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	1091735

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Almond is a nice choice! Love the cutting board.

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee thanks - Mrs. O'Leary's was one of the first rubs I made when I found AR. It's great.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm planning on a side-by-side with Meathead's three commercial seasonings, comparing with what I make up at home with his recipes. Your results are encouraging. I just knew it would all be good.

Kathryn

Originally posted by Eric2662 View Post
      One rack of baby backs on a weber Kettle with a Slow 'N Sear. Rubbed with some of Meatheads new rub from the bottle. Sauced half the rack with Three Little Pigs sauce.
      I didn't know about the sauce. When does it come out?

Comment

• Eric2662
        Eric2662 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was trying to reply to Huskee who mentioned that Meathead has a sauce coming. I must have pressed the wrong button.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        All I can say is VERY SOON

• Eric2662
        Eric2662 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweet!! I can't wait.

Wild Boar ham is going on the KBQ! Shot this baby a few months ago down in TX.

Name:	IMG_2839.jpeg
Views:	249
Size:	282.3 KB
ID:	1091861

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks good! Forgot to ask ya John, did you get your Texas longhorns yet?

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Not yet. But when I was at my brother's house in Austin last weekend......I almost stayed. Panhead John

BBQ (ha) Chicken. Seasoned with Meat Church Holy Voodoo rub, sauced last 10 minutes.

Name:	IMG_0845.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	1091870

Comment

Working on my own sourdough pizza dough recipes, and sauce. Also first sample of a Saison Au Miel I brewed a month or so ago.

Name:	A5748385-29D7-457D-921C-616ECFC5DCBF.jpeg
Views:	225
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	1091898

Name:	A50CC73F-B91F-4151-B829-FA4B595ACA80.jpeg
Views:	236
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	1091897

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Amazing pizza, and I'll bet that beer tasted as good as it looks!

• Skip
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice pizza crust Richard!

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          So this is my first run on building my own dough. I’m taking what I have learned from pizza Bible, and crossing it with what I have learned from my bread. This is crust, was essentially just my sourdough bread recipe, I made bread with half of it, and then took 2 500 g balls and have been cold fermenting them. This one was 60 hours, I have one more to freeze, I’ve already found some error in my ways, my bread dough gluten structure is too strong for pizza. Not enough extensibility.
          Last edited by Richard Chrz; September 11, 2021, 07:32 AM.

Pulled pork nachos tonight. Had one jalapeno and two small poblanos. Roasted the poblanos first. Also pulled some Hatch Charger green chiles out of the freezer. Quick easy eats on a Friday evening.

Name:	2021-09-10 19.02.21.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	1091907

Comment

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          That. Looks. Spectacular.

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          That is an amazing photo. Not only does it look delicious but it would make a great jigsaw puzzle.

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Now who doesn't love pulled pork nachos? Those look so delicious.

K.

Tri tip cooked like a brisket at 205 and sliced. I also tried my hand at chopped pork vs pulled pork.

P.S. I hate that little dribble on the board that you miss until after you eat. :/
        Attached Files

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks delicious. So, would you do the Tri-Tip to 205 again, or was it a once off experiment? Thanks, Daniel
          Last edited by Dr. Pepper; September 12, 2021, 08:07 PM.

• Skip
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          I like also Tri Tip done that way once in awhile. Nice!

• Macktechie
          Macktechie commented
          Editing a comment
          I would compare it to a brisket flat. My favor way to prepare Tri tip and a good cheat if you want that brisket feel.

Nothing like a bowl of homemade pasta

Name:	PXL_20210911_001157938.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	1091990

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow! Damn! Wow! Damn!

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          THESE are the meatballs I want!

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          Yum!!

Tonight's dinner consisted of smoked chicken-spinach-parmesan meatballs, and a salad. I was surprised by how much smoke flavor these picked up in only 30 minutes on the grill from a couple of chunks of cherry. This was another attempt at healthy grilling... shared with my wife, daughter and son-in-law.

Name:	IMG_6187.JPEG
Views:	220
Size:	246.9 KB
ID:	1092057Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6189.JPEG
Views:	203
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	1092058

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          They look fantastic! You and Ernest have me craving meatballs now.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here