Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 22, Summer 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bone in porkloins on the gasser.. And they were prebrined and beechwood smoked..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210904_165954~2.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	1089882

Comment

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Those look fantastic. Hope they tasted as good as they look. We love bone-in pork loins. Wish we could find them more often.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think I've ever cooked or seen a bone-in pork loin.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Butcher at our local grocery store cuts pork loins bone in, the bomb.
      I'm sure there's a scientific reason for it but the bones knock it up another notch

We went over to my parents house for labor day yesterday, I made Last Meal Ribs to take over. By the time I had cut them up and they were plated with the sides I was too hungry to worry about more pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

When you have leftover brisket, what is better than a brisket and mushroom omelette for breakfast?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6095.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.63 MB ID:	1090062Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6097.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.68 MB ID:	1090061Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6099.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.79 MB ID:	1090063

P.S. Please don't judge my grease spattered cooktop! I had a good bit of grease spatter from sautéing the brisket and mushrooms before adding to the omelettes... until I posted the pics I didn't realize how bad it was... I also was on a cleaning strike on Labor Day, and went boating instead.
      Last edited by jfmorris; September 7, 2021, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• willxfmr
        willxfmr commented
        Editing a comment
        I was so busy drooling over the food that I didn't even see the stove.

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        What’s better? Add some of my roasted tomatillo and hatch chile salsa! Great looking brekkie!!

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        SheilaAnn I would love some roasted tomatillo and hatch chile salsa! Sign me up!

I made nachos with my leftover brisket. Pickled some onions in the sous vide and made queso and avocado crema to top them.
      Attached Files

Comment

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        That is beautiful!!

Pulled a chuckie out of the freezer this morning for stew. It was a australian wagyu from crowd cow and i did not expect it to look like this. Almost feels a waste for stew but its gonna be a damn good stew, lol.

Name:	83784F40-E08E-449B-B714-9611AE7DD575.jpeg
Views:	269
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	1090076

Name:	8CBA8A37-6C3C-473B-8F7C-F25F198E7E30.jpeg
Views:	262
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	1090077

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        That is the most amazingly marbled chuck I ever saw! My only fear would be a lot of fat rendering out in the stew and forming a layer on top.

• grantgallagher
        grantgallagher commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, im probably going to have to skim it.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Too much fat and marbling to waste on a stew imho.

Breakfast of champions: Braised brisket, hatch chili, kimchi, and an egg with habanero sauce for a savory bowl of steel-cut oats.

Click image for larger version  Name:	qmJ9z8R3cnWEE72bDMGWT-rVFfIMesVYV6PaOVw3zSM0ltisGb6607UXQkW6PuLqRgVZP-18y_be9d7exjG4UAtQfmZ8EprHasH7XHJWb83oaNzvuHwEdlUHBLZqu1YD54DzroVRTTaRE_CrQ8nlLyzCY4imObJAKq5UhW8Wsxif8WgH-eAlxLQha7ej7K0dzXkemdseaM5iXvtGGiUnNSZGu0kSTwUDxxClA9zZ1vVj4Vj8kdPvtaxg_xxS99x Views:	0 Size:	347.5 KB ID:	1090095
      Last edited by Attjack; September 7, 2021, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks yummy, but doesn't look like any bowl of oatmeal I ever had!

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Breakfast BBQ Bowl

I haven't been up to much latley...a bit under the weather...than the storm comes along..
      now to wait on allstate good luck with that...anyway I got the 560 fired up cooked a brisket..wraed in butcher paper and beef tallow...apple burbon beans and jalepeno cream corn..passed it around
      Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Hang in tight, my thoughts an prayers are with ya, Amigo!

Name:	20210908_114404.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	1090562Click image for larger version  Name:	20210907_141348.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.45 MB ID:	1090180

First time making the Ken Forkish Saturday White Bread baked in Cast Iron. It turned out well, tasty and crusty. I will be trying more of his bread recipes.
      Last edited by Skip; September 8, 2021, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Skip
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        I added a picture of a slice. Pretty good texture and crumb. Richard Chrz has no worries. His looks awesome IMO!

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd love to get on this bread making train but I'd be 600 lbs by the end of the month.
        There's just not enough superlatives to describe that bread, absolutely amazing job.

• flyingpiglet
        flyingpiglet commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Skip,
        Your bread looks spectacular! I know it will taste great. I just posted my version of Rustic Sourdough Bread and I referenced Ken Forkish as being a big help for bread making technique.

Carne asada..

Click image for larger version  Name:	88F28EA7-6BAD-4E1F-8806-8F38606126B1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.06 MB ID:	1090301
      Click image for larger version  Name:	B629F46D-C953-4F84-9956-99DC6CADA48D.jpeg Views:	29 Size:	3.32 MB ID:	1090227
      Click image for larger version  Name:	71AEA645-CFD5-4D19-AB42-8F1AA4A97990.jpeg Views:	28 Size:	765.1 KB ID:	1090225
      Click image for larger version  Name:	9C6FA0F1-DFAC-4487-8200-CC7B385E3523.jpeg Views:	28 Size:	618.0 KB ID:	1090224
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; September 7, 2021, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        Flank? Doesn’t look like skirt ….

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Dr. Pepper yes, flank, threw some hickory splits over a small bed of coals.

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        That's just beautiful Richard! Love the pics - especially #2!

Looking forward to tomorrow. Pulled out some beef country boneless ribs out. So good. I sub Frank's Hot Sauce. Doing on Kettle.

1/2 cup soy sauce
      1/2 cup red wine vinegar
      1/2 cup beef broth
      2 tbsp Tabasco sauce
      3 tbsp honey
      3 lbs boneless beef ribs

In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, broth, Tabasco sauce and honey. Place the ribs in a zip-top bag. Pour the marinade inside and rub to coat. Seal the bag and let marinate at least 4 hours.

Heat the grill to high. Place the ribs on direct heat and sear on each side for five minutes. Discard the extra marinade.

Move the ribs to indirect heat (For a gas grill, turn the heat off on one side and move the ribs to that side. For a charcoal grill, push the coals to one side and move the ribs to the side with no coals.). Close the lid and grill for 30 minutes.

Wrap the ribs in foil and continue grilling for 2 hours. The internal temperature of the grill should be kept at 275 degrees.

Open the foil pouch and place the ribs on a platter. Pour the broth from the foil pouch over the ribs and serve.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Why not post this as a recipe when you have your pics? That way it can be readily accessible in the future.

• RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        I will. Thanks for the suggestion.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FE443DB0-3F43-44AD-BEC7-F89DADD98A3E.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	3.95 MB ID:	1090249 I’ve really been catching up on my cooks lately with a new one for me, chicken bombs. This one comes from Bill Gillespie’s "Secrets to Smoking on the WSM and other smokers".

I will definitely do these again, but will probably cook at a higher temp to ensure bacon gets a little more cooked. Or perhaps a precook in oven to ensure optimal doneness.

Edited to add: I grated the Colby jack and mixed in a Tsp of rub in the cream cheese. This definitely was a good move.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by au4stree; September 7, 2021, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• KiloVolt89
        KiloVolt89 commented
        Editing a comment
        That bacon looks great to me.... you can always share! haha

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        What fun! Beautiful! I'll have to give those a try!

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Yummy.

Kathryn

Tri-Tip from Porter Road cooked on Mongo

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2207.jpeg Views:	42 Size:	2.58 MB ID:	1090270
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Old Glory; September 8, 2021, 05:18 AM.

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Yummy! Is Mongo the Blazn Iron?

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh man. That’s perfect. Yum, yum,yum.

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        STEbbq yes it is

Baby backs to go to a friend's house for the holiday weekend to compliment the brisket she made.

Name:	Ribs.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1090289

Comment

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        Geez. Can I be your friend too? 😂🤣

• tamidw
        tamidw commented
        Editing a comment
        Of course! 😂

Cleaning-out-the-fridge stir fry. Cabbage, zucchini, roasted squash and jalapenos, spicy pork, and basil.

Name:	Resizer_16310653225310.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	427.5 KB
ID:	1090322
      Last edited by Attjack; September 7, 2021, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Got leftover brisket? Make a brisket scramble!

Onions, garlic, peppers, baby portobello mushrooms and spinach make for a flavor fest when combined with smoked brisket. Add your favorite spices, and you've got a meal in a skillet! I went with salt, black pepper and Flatiron's Dark & Smoky.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6134.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.18 MB ID:	1090319

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, indeed. My strategy is to eat as many vegetables as possible.

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          Is lamb a vegetable?

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Dr. Pepper I feel that all meat is ultimately just processed veggies.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here