Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 22, Summer 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished up with Graces jerk bbq sauce
    Tossed on a yellow Zuckini and green beanz in foil with butter with an hour left in the cook
    Served with a pasta salad
    Got my Jamaica fix in today, very happy with the results
    Attached Files

Comment

• Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      How did you like the sauce? I bought a bottle and have yet to use it. I love the hot marinade paste they make but not always easy to find.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s obviously not like being in Jamaica but it’s pretty close .
      It is much sweeter and hotter opposed to the real spicy jerks you get on the islands
      Only thing missing was a few Red Stripe
      I will add after re-reading your post I prefer the Grace marinade over the paste, the paste is just too over powering. The marinade with the BBQ sauce suits us better.
      Last edited by smokin fool; August 20, 2021, 06:01 PM.

Grilled a pork tenderloin using mesquite for smoke and Meatchelada rub from Hardcore Carnivore. Then at service the pork got a drizzle of mole' sauce. Mexican style rice with a couple home grown jalapenos as part of the sofrito.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pork t loin w mole.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	1080428

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      I need to experiment more with mole sauces. They can be really flavorful.

Not many things tastier … or simpler … than a Reuben with a bag of chips on the side.

Name:	D7611B8A-BC1D-438A-A6AD-40F3A708DFFD.jpeg
Views:	282
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	1080432

Comment

• willxfmr
      willxfmr commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks like a perfect lunch to me.

Let's keep that Korean vibe going......boneless/skinless chicken thighs marinated overnight in soy sauce, gochujang, rice vinegar, sriracha, habanero hot sauce, garlic, and ginger, and served on butter lettuce leaves.

Name:	IMG-4969.JPG
Views:	263
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	1080462

Name:	IMG-4971.JPG
Views:	275
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	1080461

Name:	IMG-4970.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1080460

Bonus! Extras thrown in some flour tortillas, heated on the grill, topped with some Mexican crema and cheese. East meets, uh, southwest?

Name:	IMG-4972.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	1080459

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      How did I miss this one? A+ .

Killer tacos buddy!

Click image for larger version  Name:	1E7904AD-9DAE-4DF3-AB3C-D4E1D120D774.jpeg Views:	29 Size:	4.62 MB ID:	1080486Click image for larger version  Name:	1B1AC4FE-4493-4AAF-BF1B-6F6020AD3BFF.jpeg Views:	28 Size:	2.23 MB ID:	1080485Click image for larger version  Name:	C47D3E36-138B-4CDE-ACE0-076238B00FA4.jpeg Views:	28 Size:	5.50 MB ID:	1080487

Turkey thighs, 2 rubbed with Weber, Kick'n Chicken and 2 with McCormick, Applewood, on the Weber with the vortex.
    Last edited by HawkerXP; August 21, 2021, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Red Man I think HawkerXP was smelting aluminum to use for his jet wing mods.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      A thigh in yer hand will put a smile on yer face...

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB You just don’t know how bad I’d like to comment on that. 😵‍💫 My membership just renewed and I don’t wanna be out the $24.

Fun day finally playing with my Hunsaker rib smoker, and grabbing some data at the same time. I can improve u-on the process, nd hope next week to do an 8 rack cook, and eventually work up to the confidence of a 16 rack cook. I also used my Hunsaker vortex, not the one with the basket. Not super thrilled about the Hunsaker vortex, I need to contact them, it seems a bit small for my 22wsm charcoal ring. Thinking I need to move down to a 18 wsm ring for this cook. Any who, 6 racks smoked, kept one for us this time, and 4 loaves of bread. One person today manages a local brew pub and dropped off a growler as a tip of Vienna Lager.

Name:	4AB00544-34C7-4835-868D-EE51354456D2.jpeg
Views:	263
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	1080499

Name:	7FB726B7-0203-441E-9376-83F3DE2F1C21.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	1080501

Name:	CC4EDC83-BDA1-45E1-98A6-237B1AEA5907.jpeg
Views:	300
Size:	262.8 KB
ID:	1080500

Name:	AADA5689-0EE9-4E75-9C67-1BD5EDD1043E.jpeg
Views:	293
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	1080498

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      You can also fly into la crosse, with a transfer from Minneapolis.
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; August 21, 2021, 08:43 AM.

• WVsmoke
      WVsmoke commented
      Editing a comment
      You should open a restaurant or at least a cooking school. Your food looks so enticing that it makes one crave it even when you have just finished a meal.

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      WVsmoke I appreciate the kind words. I’m no where’s near qualified to run a restaurant. I do however through cooking hope to build a longer table in our community, despite our differences. I have started to have the opportunity to teach a few grill classes on our patio, some friends are even trusting me with food for their picnics, grad parties, just recently got hired to smoke food for 75 musicians at an outdoor amphitheater for a 3 day music fest, and other really cool opportunities.
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; August 21, 2021, 06:18 PM.

Sockeye salmon rubbed with Hank’s KC Royale and Yukon gold potatoes on the gasser with a couple cherry chunks.

Name:	3A4A0450-C555-43FB-9F28-149C7A82374E.jpeg
Views:	276
Size:	280.0 KB
ID:	1080507

Comment

• Red Man
      Red Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John I haven’t ever blackened it. I don’t think I’ve ever blackened anything now that I think about it. Fresh wild salmon has such a good flavor, I usually try to keep it simple so I don’t overpower the flavor of the fish.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I know what you’re saying about overpowering the flavor. I’ve done blackened salmon before on a trip to Alaska. It’s awesome. But…..to me it’s really hard to overpower the taste, unless you just pour on way too much seasoning. I’ve done blackened catfish many times and love it.

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      RE: Blackened salmon. If y'all are ever in Seattle, doing the tourist thing, visiting the Pike Place Market, get a blackened salmon sandwich at The Market Grill. On a baguette, caramelized onions, lettuce, rosemary aioli. Ask them to put the lime pepper jelly on top of the fish when it's done. Absolute joy. (Had one yesterday.) NYT wrote them up in their 24 hrs in ____ column. Also, their clam chowder is my favorite. It's a walk-up counter. Across the aisle from Pure Food Fish

There was talk of Steak House Dinners Earlier. The Best Steak House is My House:
    French Onion Soup Au Gratin, Front Seared Butcher Picked New York Strip Steak, Crab Legs, Sautéed Spinach and Arugula....Oh Yeah!!

Name:	IMG_6055.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	1080553Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6052.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	1080550Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6059.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	1080549Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6061.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	1080551Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6062.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	1080552

Comment

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      SheilaAnn I remember when Naperville was considered the Boondocks. When I was a kid in the 70's, my Mom's friend moved there and bought their big farmhouse on 2 acres for roughly $40k.

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      Attjack They're not new plates, just gotta change things up sometimes.

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      That French onion soup looks perfect, especially as we move into fall! I think I need to hear more about your process and whys of your recipe.

Name:	E5F86C28-0F31-401A-AD8C-E3BB07050867.jpeg
Views:	269
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	1080558 Cheeseskirt burger. Attjack ‘s burger post inspired me to post the photo.

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      I keep wanting to do one of these!

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for showing up strong for burger week 🍔

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Been a-thinking about my buddy Ted, nice to see your mug in the funny pages. Nice burger, too!

NY Strips done on my son's Weber gasser...

Name:	20210819_200706.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	1080576Click image for larger version

Name:	20210819_200645.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	1080577Click image for larger version

Name:	20210819_201706.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	1080578

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good! Didn't need any wood for that.

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks really good!

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful cook.

Baconstuffed porkloin. Grilled potatoes and veggies on the side.

Name:	20210820_213224.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1080623

Comment

12 racks of baby backs on the Cajun Bandit--6 on top and 6 below.
    Attached Files

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Holy cwap, Wibs up the wazoo!

My first attempt at tacos al pastor. Dang, this was GOOD!!!

Name:	Al.1.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	1080704

Name:	Al.2.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	1080705

Name:	Al.4.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	1080706

Name:	Al.3.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	1080707

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow!!!!!

• Jim White
      Jim White commented
      Editing a comment
      Heh. Came back to bookmark the recipe and found that I had already bookmarked it. I had read up on al pastor some time ago and liked this one, I've just been too lazy to actually cook it.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Jim White this really was easy, very little prep, but wonderful results!

Grilled some filets yesterday
    Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Forget the filets…..look at those Brussel sprouts! Yum.
      Hey CaptainMike check these out!

Red Man Panhead John Here we are at the Pike Place Market, finishing off my blackened salmon sandwich. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8666.jpeg
Views:	253
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	1080756

Comment

• Red Man
      Red Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John Boy could I sure use your services! My wife and I keep fighting because I spend my whole paycheck on mail order meat and I recently developed an itchy rash I can’t seem to get rid of. I might need some backseat van surgery to fix my problems.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Red Man Be sure and check my Facebook page for locations. I’ll be in your area soon. I usually will perform my surgeries in the Kroger parking lot.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you need a little more bandage.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here