Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us Your Bourbon/Whiskey/Rye/Scotch!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I'm not a big fan of finished whiskey, but this is a very good one...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260821_222712.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	1879027

    Comment


      We stopped by a local LS to pick up beer for a party & they had this "on sale" for $79.00 Not crazy about the price, but I like it enough to drop the $$$..

      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260823_185020.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	1879617

      Comment


        This is a great pour...the higher proof 15yr is much, much better than its lower proof little brother....

        Click image for larger version

Name:	20260831_153834.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	1881663

        Comment


          Fresh crack Wednesday!!!!!! And a way to kick off the long long weekend!!!! Well, I do have to work tomorrow, but at least I’m at the lakehouse already!

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1254.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	1882306

          Comment


            Our local Costco had this today @ $35.99 each, limit of two.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 9-3-26 at 7.52 PM.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1882660

            Comment


            • barelfly
              barelfly commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s a great score!!!!!

            • Purc
              Purc commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow, great price! I guess bourbon supply has increased and demand is less.

            • Sweaty Paul
              Sweaty Paul commented
              Editing a comment
              Another of my favorites.

            Picked this up today and had to open it. I haven't seen any around here for a while...

            Click image for larger version

Name:	20260904_215820.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	1,012.5 KB
ID:	1882945

            Comment


              Some fresh cracks the last two nights with my Dad. The EH Taylor was his birthday present, cracked that Thursday night. ER and BT were cracked tonight. Enjoying these pours with him!

              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1258.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	1882951

              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1268.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	3.94 MB
ID:	1882952

              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1269.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	4.20 MB
ID:	1882953

              Comment


              • Sweaty Paul
                Sweaty Paul commented
                Editing a comment
                That's a solid group of bourbons!

              Vacation whiskey...

              Click image for larger version

Name:	20260905_190735.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	1883324

              Comment


                KC Blenders Edition sipper under the lights. Enjoying the evening after a fun day!

                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1287.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	3.80 MB
ID:	1883351

                Comment


                  Mrs Skinsfan wanted this for an Anniversary gift. She tried a pour when we toured the distillery and again when a friend of ours shared some with us. We both like the whiskey and love the Chairman of the Board, so why not?

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20260906_162522(1).jpg
Views:	62
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	1883668

                  Comment


                    This JD discussion triggered this pour

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260906_205356.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	1,002.0 KB
ID:	1883689

                    Comment


                      Nothing beats a good rye in an Old Fashioned!

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260907_194746.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	1883882

                      Comment


                      • barelfly
                        barelfly commented
                        Editing a comment
                        cruiseplanner1 - rye has a bit more of a bite or spice to it. Kind of warm if you will. And a rye whiskey has a higher rye content, 51% or more, which really changes the flavor profile compared to a bourbon (51% or higher corn). You can also have high rye bourbons, where the 51% corn or higher still is in play but rye content starts to increase, providing a great pour in my opinion. I have a few bottles that are bourbon/rye blends that I really enjoy, Knob Creek Blenders edition being one.

                      • cruiseplanner1
                        cruiseplanner1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you for the info. I look forward to trying one or two of them to see if I like it or not. I will let you know

                      • cruiseplanner1
                        cruiseplanner1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Bought one barelfly. I kind of like it. Seems a bit lighter than my regular bourbon. But good

                      NFL football is back!


                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260909_204150.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	1884583

                      Comment


                      • barelfly
                        barelfly commented
                        Editing a comment
                        My like is strictly for the bottle….that is it!









                        GO COWBOYS!!!!!!! 😂

                      • Skinsfan1311
                        Skinsfan1311 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        barelfly Yup! It's going to be their year.....

                      Moving on..JD SiB Select in the glass...

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260909_221515.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	574.9 KB
ID:	1884616

                      Comment


                        I have a friend who heard there had been a tariff placed on Canadian whiskey. He headed to the largest liquor store in our area to lay in a supply of Crown Royal. At his age I’m sure I’d have done something similar.

                        Comment


                        • cruiseplanner1
                          cruiseplanner1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yup on their whisky too. I thought about getting a couple bottles of Crown for my one friend that comes over for dinners. Hopefully this does not last long.

                      Announcement

                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      0
                      Guest
                      Guest
                      500
                      ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
                      7