Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us Your Bourbon/Whiskey/Rye/Scotch!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I like the Rye Whisky that barelfly and a couple others told me about. I did a quick AI on the difference and this is what I got. And looking at those bottles of Sagamore that Skinsfan1311 posted I will probably grab one of them to try also. Key Differences
    • Primary Grain (Mash Bill): Bourbon requires ≥51% corn, giving it a sweet base. Rye requires ≥51% rye, providing a dry, peppery kick. [1, 2]
    • Flavor Profile: Bourbon tastes sweet and rich with notes of caramel, vanilla, and oak. Rye tastes bold and spicy with notes of black pepper, clove, and herbs.
    ​

    Comment


      @cruiseplanner1​ This was our girl Tipsy, when she was a little over 2 years old. We lost her this year from cancer, she was 9.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 1-24-19 at 7.05 AM.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	1890388

      Comment


      • cruiseplanner1
        cruiseplanner1 commented
        Editing a comment
        She is a beaut. Sorry for your loss. I lost that Brittany in my picture a few years ago. Excellent upland grouse hunter.

      Getting the weekend started on this fRYEyay!!!!!!!

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1416.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	1890732 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1417.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	4.07 MB
ID:	1890733

      Comment


      • Skinsfan1311
        Skinsfan1311 commented
        Editing a comment
        I just tried that Peerless Double Oaked Rye at the tailgate this past Sunday and liked it very much. I bet the bourbon is good too!

      • cruiseplanner1
        cruiseplanner1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks good and that is just a nice picture.

      I'm going to crack this one tomorrow to share at our "Home away from Home Brews & Bourbon" tailgate party at a friend's brewery in Northern Va.

      Technically it's a home game, (and we rarely miss attending home games),but they're playing in London, which is a pretty long drive from the house

      I'll report back on the tasting results.
      ​
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20261003_101629.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	1890876

      Comment


      • cruiseplanner1
        cruiseplanner1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Let me know how you like it. I have a couple bottles of Balvenie 14 year old aged in a Caribbean Rum cask. I finished the first bottle and the other one is still sitting in its container unopened after a couple of years. I found it a little too smooth and kind of prefer a bit of body in my sip.

      • Skinsfan1311
        Skinsfan1311 commented
        Editing a comment
        cruiseplanner1 Whiskey, especially scotch, finished in rum casks is off-putting to me. I'm guessing that your experience with the already smooth Balvenie is the low proof combined with the finish caused the lack of "oomph" for your pour. That said, if you like peated whiskey, all of the Lagavulin Ron Offerman editions, (especially the one finished in Guinness barrels),are exceptional full-bodied drams.

      • cruiseplanner1
        cruiseplanner1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Skinsfan1311. I probably will be purchasing more Bourbon in the future but will remember that. Lagavulin was one of my choices a few years ago but I have not heard of those mentioned.

      Okay Skinsfan1311 and barelfly I went back to my basic this afternoon on the deck while grilling some Salmon and enjoying a cigar. Still love the body of this bottom shelfer. Those Rye's are very good but thought I would hit this again. Click image for larger version

Name:	Basics.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	490.3 KB
ID:	1892289

      Comment

      Announcement

      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      0
      Guest
      Guest
      500
      ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
      7