Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are You Drinking RIGHT NOW? II

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    It’s fun to find some new cocktails to use the various bottles I have in the cabinet.

    This… Man in Black, inspired by Johnny Cash

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1316.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	5.58 MB
ID:	1885418

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      It sounds good, which is why I “liked”. My cocktail game consists of G&Ts and martinis at home. And that’s super rare.

    • barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      JCBBQ - it was good, I’ll make it again - I’d say this and the Black Manhattan I made last week, same flavor profile as an Old Fashion, but the Cynar adds a different element. The recipe for Man in Black calls for Fernet Branca, but I don’t have that so Amaro is substituted. I’ve never tried FB so not sure how different it would make the cocktail.

    • JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh Fernet will completely change it. It’s VERY distinctive. People love it or hate. Nobody’s in between. I dig it.

    Decisions, decisions!! Oh well, how about one of each.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 9-13-26 at 6.29 PM.png
Views:	107
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	1885807

    Comment


      Sagamore 10 year rye in the glass. It looks like a big pour, but it's a "wee glencairn" tasting glass that I picked up at the distillery.


      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260913_213633.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	1885826

      Comment


      • SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Naw….. it’s a big a$$ pour….JK. Cheers!

      A keto mojito with coconut rum ......... it uses monk fruit with erythritol for the sugar . Has 2 gram of carbs. And I could drink these things all day.

      Edit ...........I knew it was too good to be true, the coconut rum has 10 carbs . Sooo, I gotta try this drink with white rum .

      But it delicious with the coconut rum.

      Click image for larger version  Name:	20260917_170350.jpg Views:	5 Size:	2.03 MB ID:	1886739


      Last edited by Lynn Dollar; September 17, 2026, 05:15 PM.

      Comment


        Beer n grill.. Click image for larger version

Name:	20260919_151447.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	1887108

        Comment


          Cheers!!!!

          Skinsfan1311 😂

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1371.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	1887570

          Comment


          • JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol

          • bbq_esq
            bbq_esq commented
            Editing a comment
            That view looks awesome

          • wrgilb
            wrgilb commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, at least they haven't been eliminated from the play-offs yet. :-)

          Skinsfan1311 I haven’t forgotten you brother, I just hadn’t come across anything new and exciting for you using Montenegro …until now. I give you:

          Waterproof Watch.

          From one of the guys at Amor y Amargo (love & bitter) a great spot in Manhattan’s lower east side. You should have everything except the pimento bitters. I just saw some and it is WELL worth the purchase. This cocktail is Great!

          1.5 gin
          .75 Montenegro
          ​​​​​​.75 Aperol
          2 dashes of pimento bitters.

          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9815.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.38 MB ID:	1887638

          Comment


          • Skinsfan1311
            Skinsfan1311 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you very much!

          • JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            FYI If this kinda stuff interests you check out Instagram’s @creativedrunk and then if you really like it you can go onto their podcast Speakeay Podcast.

          In the interest of science…

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9821.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	3.77 MB
ID:	1888171

          Had to do a side by side of my two favorite gins. And the winner is….me 🤪

          Comment


          • JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            bbq_esq Uou are 100% right on the prices. I think I’ve started drinking way more gin bc bourbon has just become sooo overpriced.

          • bbq_esq
            bbq_esq commented
            Editing a comment
            JCBBQ Agreed. It's exhausting when something like Buffalo Trace is getting snatched off the shelves. Don't get me started on Blantons lol.

          • SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            This is the 2nd time in as many weeks that I have heard good things about Fords. Gotta grab a bottle.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9857.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	3.51 MB
ID:	1888435 Apparently it’s Negroni Week. Trying something new.

          Aztec Negroni

          1 mezcal
          1 Campari
          .5 vermouth
          .5 spicy Ancho Reyes
          .33 coffee liqueur
          3 dashes chocolate bitters

          Damn this is really good. Really well balanced. 👍👍​ Spicy , smoky (not too much barelfly 😉) and chocolate/coffee in the background. It’s really one of the better cocktails I’ve made recently bc some have been too sweet.

          Comment


          • barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes to the Ancho Reyes!!!!! I made a Spicy Barelfly last weekend! OF base style, but Ancho Reyes verde along with Amaro in place of the simple syrup.

            I’d give this cocktail you made a try….don’t know about that mezcal but I’d try it!

            Nice cocktail, bartender!

          • JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Atta boy!

          • SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            What kind of Mezcal did yiu use JCBBQ you’ve probably shown me what you have in the past, I just don’t recall.

          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9875.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.17 MB ID:	1888521 SheilaAnn I’m working on these 3. The one on the right - Banhez Mexicano (100% Maguey) - was in last night’s drink. It’s my favorite of the 3. I’m guessing you know a fair amount about mezcal. These are literally the first 3 bottles I’ve ever bought so my knowledge is non existent. Let me know if you have a massive favorite and I’ll try it. What’s important? The type of agave? Total novice here.

          Comment


          • SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            JCBBQ for a beginner with mezcal, Alden is amazing. At my previous job, I used to sell it as a “gateway” to the world of mezcals. Good enough to sip neat and smooth enough for cocktails. Also, pretty much any offering by Firmé is also very nice. Again, for beginners, bottles marked JOVEN are younger mezcals that are easier to get used to as opposed to heavily smoked versions, for example. Maguey (mah-GAY) is a species of the agave plant. Mezcal can be made from different species of agave.

          • JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            SheilaAnn Thank you!

          Never thought it would happen but I’ve become a gin fan in the last year or so. Started with dirty vodka martinis and now it’s gin with a twist.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	1888659

          Comment


          • JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow! We are on the exact same path. I started drinking dirty martinis but now I don’t drink them bc the brine just overpowers the flavor of the gin. I’ve surprised myself with how much I’ve really begun to enjoy gin (especially martinis) over the last 2 years. And my fave too is with a twist.

          • SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            💗💗💗🍸🍸🍸

          • HotSun
            HotSun commented
            Editing a comment
            JCBBQ , bbq_esq , same boat with the gin, though I don't drink much these days. I like gin and ginger beer. I came across a good regional gin in Philly a couple years ago, Liberty Gin:


          Cheers AR
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20260926_135102.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.90 MB ID:	1888837

          Comment


          • Purc
            Purc commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh yes, a great imported beer that Panhead John might enjoy.

          • Elton's BBQ
            Elton's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha indeed Purc

          • HotSun
            HotSun commented
            Editing a comment
            Imports....lol.

          Lavazza espresso (Italian), made in a Jura Ena 8 super-auto (Swiss brand, made in Portugal), served in a Delta espresso cup (Portuguese coffee brand), presented here on a wood trivet that my dad brought back from Portugal, and brewed in my kitchen in the USA.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20260918_122017.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	691.5 KB
ID:	1888951
          That's what I'm drinking.

          Comment


          • SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            HotSun international man of mystery!

          Enjoying a Manhattan during the Texas/Tennessee football game.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20260926_105828.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	1888981



          Comment

          Announcement

          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          0
          Guest
          Guest
          500
          ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
          7