Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are You Drinking RIGHT NOW? II

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Cookin’ up our August Team Cook - Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas - so…margaritas while we are in the kitchen getting everything together and cooked.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1191.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	1879590

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Those glasses make me smile!

    A Founders Backwood Bastard

    And its almost gone 😊😨

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260823_174322.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	1879593


    Comment


    • barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      I probably would have loved this pour back in my beer drinking days!

    Margarita went down kind of fast…so on to a sipper in a flute for JCBBQ

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1196.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	4.48 MB
ID:	1879606

    Comment


    • JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      My man!!

    A new one for me….but the flavor profile is very similar to an OF. Really like this Black Manhattan!!!!!! I think this is one JCBBQ woudl enjoy - I know he has the ingredients for it!

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1242.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.23 MB ID:	1881055

    Comment


    • JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve been meaning to make one. Sounds like it’s up my alley

    Cross-Post...

    Sunday Funday...I had a friend that I haven't seen in years come by to do some BBQ tasting. He rolls his own cigars so he brought me some, I sent him home with a clamshell full of ribs and chicken. Smoking one of his cigars with Key West Legal Rum Distillery Duvall St Spiced Rum and coke.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1144.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	5.31 MB
ID:	1881299

    Comment


      Four Roses Single Barrel OESF

      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260830_163630.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	1881322

      Comment


        Sippin on a Bloody Mary , no picture, unless garnished all Mary's look alike.

        But I will leave my recipe

        4 oz Clamato
        2 oz Titos
        1/2 oz Kosmo Q Brisket Mop
        1/4 oz pickle juice
        1/4 oz lime
        small dab of prepared horseradish

        Comment


        • barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          The brisket mop is cool! I haven’t had that, but I usually add in Worcestershire sauce - does it add that kind of flavor profile?

        • Lynn Dollar
          Lynn Dollar commented
          Editing a comment
          barelfly Sort've, its complicated. The mop has a lot of ingredients and its a concentrate. Its a good question, I had to Google it.

          Worcestershire relies heavily on seafood (anchovies) while Kosmos Q uses a beef base. This makes the brisket mop taste more like a concentrated, rich beef broth.

          Kosmos has a much higher sugar content.

          Both use vinegar, but Kosmos Q blends apple cider vinegar and white vinegar

        • JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah that sounds really good

        Trying to hide some out of date beer. We bought a 12 pack of Troy Aikman's low carb lager. We did not look at the " best by " date, which is Dec 2025. Its probably much better fresh, but we're hiding these in a pitcher with a 12 oz of Titos and a can of frozen lemonade and 6 beers.

        Makes for a good OU pregame drink .

        Click image for larger version  Name:	20260904_175514.jpg Views:	4 Size:	1.45 MB ID:	1882842

        Last edited by Lynn Dollar; September 4, 2026, 05:17 PM.

        Comment


        • JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Woah! I’ve never even thought to look at a beer’s “best by” date. You should take it back to the store. 😀


        Click image for larger version

Name:	20260905_172737.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	1883059

        Comment


        • TomfromtheSoo
          TomfromtheSoo commented
          Editing a comment
          Great color for a Weber kettle and a very good beer as well.

        • barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Man I love the color of that cooker!

        Originally posted by Lynn Dollar View Post
        Trying to hide some out of date beer. We bought a 12 pack of Troy Aikman's low carb lager. We did not look at the " best by " date, which is Dec 2025. Its probably much better fresh, but we're hiding these in a pitcher with a 12 oz of Titos and a can of frozen lemonade and 6 beers.

        Makes for a good OU pregame drink .

        Click image for larger version Name:	20260904_175514.jpg Views:	4 Size:	1.45 MB ID:	1882842
        JCBBQ I think most lagers don't have a " best by " date, if their kept refrigerated, they have a long shelf life. This Eight beer had an off flavor.

        Beers that are hop forward or flat out hoppy, like IPA's have a short shelf life. The hops degrade at a fairly quick rate. Here's a Dales Pale Ale which is a hop forward beer, the cloudy one had been sitting on a shelf in a package store for almost a year. The clear one, had a packaged date on the can of less than two months before I opened it .

        Click image for larger version

Name:	Dales Degrade.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	1883237


        Comment


        • Lynn Dollar
          Lynn Dollar commented
          Editing a comment
          JCBBQ I would guess many people who've tried an IPA and couldn't stand it, probably got hold of one that wasn't fresh. But even fresh, they have a bitter factor.

          Stone Brewing in San Diego, brews one of the best IPA's. But they're almost religious about preaching that their beers need to be enjoyed fresh.

        • SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          I got to tour the brewery for work, once! It was really cool.

        • Lynn Dollar
          Lynn Dollar commented
          Editing a comment
          SheilaAnn that would be cool, they brew some great beers. The original Stone IPA is excellent.

        Lynn Dollar & SheilaAnn I’ve been a fan of Stone Brewery for quite some time… ;-)
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8447.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	1883564
        I was gifted the cycling jersey…not sure what message they were trying to send. LOL

        Years ago I gifted a friend of mine a bottle of AB. But it was no ordinary bottle… I can’t remember if it was a jéroboam or a réhoboam, regardless it was fairly huge.

        Comment


        • Lynn Dollar
          Lynn Dollar commented
          Editing a comment
          Ohhhh hell yeah, that's another great beer from Stone Brewery .............. I've had a few of those.

        Originally posted by Elton's BBQ View Post

        Click image for larger version  Name:	20260905_172737.jpg Views:	24 Size:	3.16 MB ID:	1883059
        Good call

        Click image for larger version

Name:	20260906_184055.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	1883681

        Comment


        • Elton's BBQ
          Elton's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Love that glass!

        • Skinsfan1311
          Skinsfan1311 commented
          Editing a comment
          Elton's BBQ. Thanks! I just bought it at an antique & collectibles shop the other day. It was only $6.00. I have a thing, (condition?)about glassware. It has to look nice and if it's a logo glass, it should be a match for whatever it is that I'm drinking. The cool thing about this one is that the etching really pops when you fill it with beer.

        barelfly Damn! Scrolling to the end here and realized I should’ve made a black Manhattan. Next time. This was ok. Enjoyable but nothing to rush out and make.

        Long Nights Hard Times.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9714.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	4.54 MB
ID:	1884222

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9715.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1884221

        Comment


        • Purc
          Purc commented
          Editing a comment
          Love Manhattans. Just finished my last Weller Special Reserve. I'm going to Total Wine and/or Specs tomorrow to replenish, IF they allow me to purchase! I love a good wheater.
          Last edited by Purc; September 8, 2026, 05:42 PM.

        • JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Since I under estimated how long dinner would take I had plenty of time for a second cocktail. Made a black manhattan with Averna. Delicious

        Visiting my son at Purdue. Game Day! 8:30am, parked and about to head over to the tailgate. Irish Cortado anyone? 😬😬🤣🤣 Could be a looong day.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9732.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	3.90 MB
ID:	1885148

        Comment


          Either I’m already seeing double or it posted it twice 👆 🤣

          Comment


          • barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            How many double Irish cortados have you had already! 😂

          • Elton's BBQ
            Elton's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Since I'm on the night shift, you'll have to drink for me too...

        Announcement

        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        0
        Guest
        Guest
        500
        ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
        7