Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are You Drinking RIGHT NOW? II

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pints of awesome Scottish Punk from BrewDog and the somewhat less awesome / generic, but nevertheless iconic Tennant's larger, with my great mate Doug, former Scottish international cyclist (retired) in the great Tollbooth drinking house, in the ancient town of Ellon on the outskirts of Aberdeen.

If I had a magic wand would be great to materialise the whole AR crowd here for a big night! Click image for larger version

Name:	20180407_195452.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	478892

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Clicking my heels.

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      I live in Thurmont MD which loosely translates to gateway to the mountains plus I have some Scottish in me or there abouts. Wish I could join you right there where you're sitting!

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      Scottish cyclist eh? Ask him if he knows Jackie Connor in Glasgow, he used to be a huge cyclist out there. From talking to him he probably knows everyone on a bicycle out there! Awesome guy, happens to be my grandfather in law

Not surprisingly, after hours of BAC*

Click image for larger version  Name:	Guinness Sign 004.jpg Views:	1 Size:	454.3 KB ID:	478902

Also, probly as gouda thyme as any to mention that today is National Beer Day!!!

Stay hydrated, My Friends!

*Black-Arsed Coffee

Comment

A hidden gem. In the absence of a side-by-side, this Michigan-distilled 100% Rye, "Ole George Whiskey" from the Grand Traverse Distillery, is incredible and very close to what I remember WhistlePig tasting like.
      It's nothing short of awesome. If you have the chance to try, or see it online, you won't regret.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0990.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	478910

Comment

Can't go wrong with a fresh bloody before the game.

Name:	20180408_094041.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	479431

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Cheers HouseHomey Brother, don't work too dang dang hard!!!

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          HouseHomey I had like... 6 or 7 for you.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          ^^^^LIKE!!!^^^^
          That's th Spirit, Brother!
          Give until it hurts!

Many many years ago my Grandfather passed away, many years Click image for larger version

Name:	6B690E36-E280-44F6-BBA5-F7C8F8D672BD.jpeg
Views:	134
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	479892 ago my mom gave me his bottle of favorite scotch whisky, every year I make a toast to Grandpa, cheers! He was a mentor who taught me to rebuild engines, frame a room, drag race (don’t tell mom), and to think.

Comment

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          well thats fast actin whisky cause I can't get the pic to go in the right place.....

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          I think that scotch is about 50 now......

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Cheers grandpa!! Nice doing brother!

A Dark and Stormy (perfect given the Stormy story...LOL). Two parts Gosling's rum, 3 parts ginger beer, no lime juice. Apparently Gosling's is a "peculiar" rum and is perfect for this drink. I like it, though I didn't like it with 1/2 part lime juice, which is what the recipe I used called for.

Comment

Back in Michigan after a whirlwind trip to South Dakota. Relaxing with this 2008 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale. An excellent American Barleywine. And even after ten years this bottle has surprising bitterness and hop character. It also has the requisite hints of raisins and stuff that develop during aging. Very nice!!

Name:	CcG95GiMRBG9qUmLuJwcVA.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	479929

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Tastes like chicken 😀

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            Or frog's legs....

TGIF!!! Ye old standby. Fed 392 of my closest friends tonight. 2 men short to boot. A well earned vodka and tea. Or 5. One day off tomorrow and another 8 day turnaround. Nothing like a DWCowles shift but it all hurts. Mr. Bones

Cheers my brothers! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1970.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	480664Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1971.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	480665

Comment

• smokenoob
            smokenoob commented
            Editing a comment
            you had me at "or 5"!
            enjoy your day off!

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Cheers, Brother!
            Here's to all ya do!

• BourBonQ
            BourBonQ commented
            Editing a comment
            HouseHomey If you ever come across it... Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka. Distilled right down the road from me. Made with tea grown locally and Louisiana sugar cane. Like they say, it ain't your grandma's sweet tea!

Being gluten free, my choices are more limited - so, I enjoy a bit of Makers from time to time but mostly my own organic hard cider and sorghum beer. All of the these work so well with the BBQ and smoked meats. Very much in the infancy of smoking and BBQ learning.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            My wife has celiac disease and is gluten free by necessity since childhood, and her favorite bourbon (of the widely available ones) is Makers. She doesn't appreciate it each time I remind her Maker's is a wheated bourbon.

• dbray45
            dbray45 commented
            Editing a comment
            Tell her that Makers is the only brand (that I found) that actually tests for Gluten. The others, in order to maintain taste, add mash to the batch - Makers doesn't.

Kegging 6 gallons of cider tonight to put on tap and a few bottles. Life is good
            Last edited by dbray45; April 17, 2018, 05:24 AM.

Another two bite the dust. (Don't worry, they both only had a finger left in 'em.) The cabinet is a little less crowded and I am now all out of Scotch I think. Might just have to get some ribs and Scotch on Friday....

Name:	IMAG0998.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	481714

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Likin yer grocery list, so far, Brother!

I made a new friend today.

I'd read good things about this so decided to try it next time I seen it. On first sip it reminded me a lot of Basil Hayden's which I really like, so I got the BH out and did a side by side. (Basil is technically not a rye, but a high-rye bourbon). This is actually a touch sweeter & spicier both. Still very similar to it. My wife says it has a more caramelly finish than BH. I agree. Longer finish too.

I say it's a win! I'm not usually a Jack Daniels (or Jim Beam) fan, but this is a nice expression from them IMO.

Name:	IMAG1000.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	482109

Comment

• Pirate Scott
            Pirate Scott commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee thanks for the review I have been looking at this one for awhile. We like our No7 n Diet Coke. But I will try this one soon.

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            Gotta try this one.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm in, as well...
            Last Rye I had was Knob Creek, enjoyed it immensely!

Tis the season!

Name:	20180413_163030.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	298.2 KB
ID:	482666

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
            I say it's a win! I'm not usually a Jack Daniels (or Jim Beam) fan, but this is a nice expression from them IMO.
            Huskee One man's experience, but I've found that some of the non-premium bourbon brands distill excellent rye at average-guy prices. If you haven't tried it, I recommend Wild Turkey rye in terms of quality for the price.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              I will! I've never liked Wild Turkey much, but I will if I see it. Rye is good.

Lagunitas DayTime Ale to finish out the work week!

Comment

Not quite yup to the standard set by some of its brothers, but smooth and easy to like...

Name:	20180413_192043.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	482755

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Oohh, lucky! Been looking for that. You can age that in a 1 liter oak barrel for a month and they say it's the Poor Man's Pappy.

• BourBonQ
                BourBonQ commented
                Editing a comment
                It's definitely getting harder to come by Huskee . Picked it up at the oldest liquor store in America. I prefer the Antique, but this one doesn't disappoint.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here