Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the Slow 'N Sear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Us poor stickburners just don't get no respect around here

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lonely here at the top isn't it? (Lol)

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Huskee it is

Us Kamado guys have no presences either. However I like watching David Parrish and his crew hitting a home run. There's no greater feeling than hitting an entrepreneurial home run. Good on them!

Comment

Originally posted by Wartface View Post
      Us Kamado guys have no presences either. However I like watching David Parrish and his crew hitting a home run. There's no greater feeling than hitting an entrepreneurial home run. Good on them!

Thank you Sir. It may not be an official home run yet, but she's definitely heading for the fence!

Comment

Time to go on Shark Tank

Comment

• richinlbrg
          richinlbrg commented
          Editing a comment
          No, ABC shouldn't give up the "skin." Organic growth may offer the better return!

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          I would outsource this to Mexico. The price is not much higher and you shorten the delivery time by 2 weeks by not going across the pond.

David Parrish Google Maquiladora. I did some research for a friend that was going to start an upholstery factory a year ago. Your cost of labor in Mexico is only 20% of what it costs in the U.S. Plus they work 48 hours a week with no overtime pay.

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Gents we have money, manufacturing, and just about everything else figured out. All we really need at the moment is more customers. Spread the word!

Cooking some chicken today. The SnS does this (see photo) well. Doing this from my phone, so hopefully the photo is ok.

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Nailed it! You using water in the reservoir?

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          David Parrish, yes I am. 324-330 held well. My 26" kettle likes a full chimney of well lit Kingsford Blue for 325.

Edit: a full chimney will last approximately 2 hours ~325, maybe more before temps start falling with vents fully open and ash sweep done.
          Last edited by fuzzydaddy; July 2, 2015, 03:14 PM.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Great to know, thanks fuzzy!

I was looking at some of my notes today and saw that I was typing Smoke 'N Sear. Geeze, I'm getting old.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol. That was actually one of our working titles. Unfortunately, that name was taken by another outfit.

The Slow n Sear in action Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0103.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	94478 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0104.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	94479 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0105.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	94480 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0106.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	94481 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0107.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	94482 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0109.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	94483

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee the DW said to me "You are going to burn up the steaks". I ask her "You want yours well done didn't you?"
          Last edited by DWCowles; July 6, 2015, 07:08 PM.

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful steaks, corn, potatoes, and flames! I seared some chicken pieces over mine on Thursday and you really can fit quite a bit over the SnS.
          Last edited by fuzzydaddy; July 4, 2015, 12:53 PM.

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          Those flames I love. That's real sear right there. Now if only certain people (will remain nameless) would hurry up with my SnS..............

Are lots of flames typical in the SnS sear portion of a reverse sear method for steaks?

I've always been pretty respectful of flareups and try to avoid them. That's why Grill Grates give me a lot of peace of mind on my gasser.

Would a Grill Grate section placed over the SnS charcoal area for searing be overkill?

Kathryn

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          fzxdoc I wouldn't think it would be overkill. I'm going to order some GG for the kettle. I believe the reason I got alot of flare up was to much glee on the steaks. But the flare ups didn't hurt the steaks it just made me flip faster...LOL.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Kathryn it would definitely prevent flareups if you didn't want them. Is anything really overkill for us BBQ geeks? Lol.

First brisket on the slow and sear. This thing is almost too easy use!

Comment

I'm currently cooking my first pork spare ribs using the SnS. Being July 4th, I though it was fitting to use a product that gives me some independence from having to babysit the kettle!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1896.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	94665

Name:	IMG_1910.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	94666

Name:	IMG_1932.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	94667

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            Having removed the lid to take the last photo, I checked on the temp 1/2 hour later to see how much it shot up from having the lid off, and the temp? It was 225.9. This thing rocks!

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Great pics fuzzy!

Originally posted by fuzzydaddy View Post
          Being July 4th, I though it was fitting to use a product that gives me some independence from having to babysit the kettle!
          I totally agree with you fuzzydaddy mine was steady all night long on my brisket cook. Yours looks awesome, kind of wish I would have sprung for a 26",looks like you have a lot of real estate there.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            I went with the 26" Powersmoke_80 because when I bought my first smoker, a Big Green Egg, I went with the large and then found my typical cook size (once I knew what I was doing) was more than it would hold or at least I had it packed full, so when I was selecting a kettle I decided to get a bit larger than I originally planned. With the SnS + kettle, my Egg has been sitting idle lately. I'll get back to using it, but right now the kettle is going to get a workout! The pieces I cut off the ribs are my "test" pieces...throughout the cook.

Well just spent the last 3 1/2 hours messing with my vents to keep my kettle at 225 for my baby back ribs. Looks like it time to go online and pre-order my SnS!

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
            Powersmoke_80 commented
            Editing a comment
            ssandy_561 You will not be disappointed with a SnS, check out my post from today " First Brisket ever and with the Slow-n-Sear" and look at the screen shots of the igrill graph with temp readings through the night Unattended from 1:00 am -6:30am.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll make it easy for you ssandy_561, here you go: http://slownsear.com/shop/

Just purchased (pre Ordered) my second SNS for my daughter and family. When are we expecting shipment?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnF View Post
            Just purchased (pre Ordered) my second SNS for my daughter and family. When are we expecting shipment?
            JohnF As of right now we're pretty confident in the new batch being ready for shipment around July 15-20. Such a nice father you are

Comment

Perfect that's when I arrive (20th) at my daughters in Wy, be there a week. Thanks

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here