Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the Slow 'N Sear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Expected delivery: Wednesday, June 10, 2015". Need I say more?

Comment

• oldsteve
      oldsteve commented
      Editing a comment
      Same news here. I just hope its not 104 degrees out like today when I do my pork shoulders on Thursday. Otherwise I'll be doing a lot of vent fiddling trying to keep the temperature down. It still will be fun though. Can't wait!

oldsteve

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      Your a smart guy steve. You got this : )

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve I really recommend doing a dry run before you throw meat on. The SnS is super easy to use once you learn it, but you gotta learn it

Chicken wings cooked on the 22" Kettle with Slow 'N Sear. I used PBC's All Purpose Rub. Pretty Dang Good:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7970.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	88833

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Cooked on indirect side till I was getting temps in the 160s or higher, then seared them in the sear zone. No sauce, just PBC All Purpose rub.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good from here. Wood?

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Two small chunks of cherry.

Order #1037; expected delivery tomorrow. First post, but have been utilizing the site and all its valuable info for years. Thanks to all!

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome bcumber! We're glad you're here.

David Parrish David, I sent you private email which you can now ignore. I have mine on order. (Just placed it.) I never did receive an email though. I checked spam as well. Not sure if it matters now but thought I would let you know. Congrats on a great idea! What's next?

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      PM me the email you used to sign up for the newsletter and I'll double check you are on the list. If you did not get an order confirmation email let me know that as well.

• Gunderich_1
      Gunderich_1 commented
      Editing a comment
      David Parrish David, I did receive the confirmation order. I will send you my email via PM.

love love LOVE the new lighting instructions on the web page too. even a dunce like me couldve figured that out and now screwed up his first cook as horribly as i did, lol! (you have picture "4" marked as picture "5" and there is no corresponding "5" instruction, fyi)

got a 6lb brisket point on the SnS as we speak. do you suggest a crutch or skip it and ride that baby out?

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! We'll get that number fixed. For the brisket I would cook until you get really nice bark, then wrap. For me this is typically around 180F but good bark can happen at lower or higher temps than that.

• pittkappasig
      pittkappasig commented
      Editing a comment
      in your experience, does one chimney of coal get you to that beautiful 203 mark?

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably not. When you get about 8 hours into the cook I'd shove the remaining hot charcoal into one corner of the SnS, then fill the basket with unlit charcoal. That will give you another 8 to 10 hours and will definitely get you to 203F.

Order #1046. I can't wait to try it!!! Hope it comes in by this Friday!

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      olvrab00 Check out the lighting instructions here: http://www.abcbarbecue.com/#!blank/c1r27

• olvrab00
      olvrab00 commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee, thanks!

• olvrab00
      olvrab00 commented
      Editing a comment
      USPS' estimated delivery date is this Saturday, June 13th. Once it comes in, I'm starting my practice runs. Hopefully I can smoke a Boston Butt this Sunday since it's most forgiving. I'll post pics and receive any advice along the way.

4 more orders packed and ready for shipment in the AM!

Comment

The Vice President just added a customer reviews feature to our reviews page. Check it out and, if you have an SnS, please leave a review! http://www.abcbarbecue.com/#!reviews/c31v

Comment

Here's a review: buy one yesterday. 10.5 hr brisket. Held 225-250 the whole time. I stuck it in a cambro while I dumped out the coals and prepped the corn. Removed, seared and served... My girlfriend was literally speechless (first time in her life, lol)

Comment

Looks and sounds like you've got the SnS figured out. That brisket is a thing of beauty!

Comment

Ordered mine yesterday, can't wait to give it a run!

Comment

Package has arrived! 😁🍴🎉

Comment

Woohoo! I promise that dent in the box wasn't there when I shipped it

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                  fuzzydaddy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The SnS is ok. Thanks for the certificate and instructions. Test runs on Friday!!

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The SnS is built like a tank. It'll take a much worse box dent than that to do any damage. Actually I bet any impact that broke the SnS would destroy the box.

Glad you like the instructions and insert. Can't wait to see pics Friday

I found this strange metal thing in a box inside my pick-up truck this morning Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0094.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	391.6 KB
ID:	89113

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  David Parrish DWCowles NO no no guys, it's a giant pumpkin slicer. Duh.

• DWCowles
                  DWCowles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Huskee can watermelon be grill? If so than I made a good investment on the watermelon slicer.

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  DWCowles dunno, never tried it. Guessing not or it'd be a thing. Try it!

26" kettle. Better pictures after my work week.

Comment

• richinlbrg
                  richinlbrg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thoughts and prayers for your Dad, FD. Good luck with the SnS and inaugural cook!!

• fuzzydaddy
                  fuzzydaddy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank-you richinlbrg.

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Beautiful. I really need a 26er. My wife doesn't share my view in this matter...

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here