Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the Slow 'N Sear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Parrish I'm in on it!
    The Boss at work sent me a box of Omaha steaks for a project i worked on and i have been looking to buy a kettle since i don't want to ruin them on my pellet grill with indirect heat.
    Now I have a reason,I think this will work perfect for the steaks and Tip skewers, can't wait

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Flip often. Every minute. It gets VERY VERY hot.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      and Thanks for the Support!

• Powersmoke_80
      Powersmoke_80 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks and no problem it s the least i could do with as much support and information as i get from you and all the pit masters here it is worth it!

Alrighty - funder number 2! Someone beat me to it. I'm in for $2 bills. Can't wait to try it out.

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      NICE. Thank you!

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      ; )

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks MrSkimo!

So what does the $200 pledge get me vs the $100? It says a company tester but what does that mean?

Comment

You get the SnS right away from the initial custom build. $100 gets you the SnS from the first commercial build - likely many months away (guessing at time frame - but will likely be a while).

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        100% correct, except we're not many months away. The design is complete and works fantastically, just gotta raise the cash to build a bunch=)

I'm excited to support this project. I can't wait to fire this baby up, and congratulations on your initiative and fantastic idea!

Comment

question, do you fill the whole thing and then light? or light then dump? or light and dump onto unlit coals?

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          For low and slow cooking you can add lit coals from a chimney to unlit coals in the SnS OR throw the coals in the SnS then light the coals in one corner. It works great either way. We are currently ironing out lighting procedures that will be detailed on our website.

• Father87
          Father87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok cool. Which method has been getting you the 8 hours of cook time though?

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Either way will give you 8 hours.=)

This thing looks great... I absolutely need one!

Comment

I'll have to do something!!

Comment

David Parrish What is the wait time on getting one?? I'm picked up a kettle last weekend. I feel like I need this.

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          The locally made small batch version that you get with the $200 pledge is the quickest way to get an SnS. They should ship shortly after KickStarter ends and the money is released. (June)

I'm in for the $100!

Comment

Nice! Love that water trough. Can't wait to see them available to the North.

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          We'll work on that.

Just ordered one...looks great...now need to get a kettle

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol, you sir are cool! [Has no kettle, orders SnS anyway]

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          That's hilarious... Though I gotta admit I have two very expensive grills that have gotten very little attention ever since I got the SnS prototype.

I'm in for $100. Can't wait, but guess I'll have to! Congrats on putting feet on that vision (my grandfather's way of saying making it happen).

Comment

Hey Pit Boss,

I know your "Slow and Sear Site" isn't fully operational yet, but you do have a link in your lighting instructions that doesn't work. "Click here for an alternative method". I know how busy you must be with everything going on right now. Just wanted to let you know.

oldsteve

Comment

Originally posted by oldsteve View Post
            Hey Pit Boss,

I know your "Slow and Sear Site" isn't fully operational yet, but you do have a link in your lighting instructions that doesn't work. "Click here for an alternative method". I know how busy you must be with everything going on right now. Just wanted to let you know.

oldsteve

Thanks oldsteve the site is a work in progress. I'll let Huskee know. He's the webmaster.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              I knew it was a dead link and planned to write the alternative instructions tonight, thanks oldsteve for prodding me along. I should've known our eager eagle-eye supporters would be on it!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here