Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the Slow 'N Sear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got mine ordered. That will be my Father's Day. I have a Boston Butt in the freezer waiting for the "test run".

Comment

I was order # 1008 (assuming that means #8) this morning. I think I'll go with pork spare ribs on my test run. I've got a neighbor who has been asking for them and I've only cooked baby backs on my 26" kettle with the Smokenator. Sam's price didn't look too bad for the spare ribs, but for the life of me I don't remember what it was. Oh, well, such is the late 50's (my age; I know it's 2015!) I expect to be selling a Smokenator in the near future...or better yet, if the SnS does what I think it will for me, I'll give the Smokenator to someone in the Pit if they will give a 1 year Pit membership to someone...honor system.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        fuzzydaddy Krogers has spare ribs on sale for $1.99 here at my store. You can check their weekly sales at Krogers.com

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do and thank-you DWCowles!

• smarkley
        smarkley commented
        Editing a comment
        I was #1011... so you beat me by a few heh heh...

Not sure what I will try first... probably some steaks. But soon after, I want to try a chuckie.

I'm in for one! I almost missed out as I was waiting for the email. I couldn't fall asleep so I came to the pit to look for advice on grill covers and figured I would pop in on this thread. Yay for insomnia! Lol.

I am order 1031 so they are over half gone. We definitely need a SnS subforum. I will have plenty to ask.

Comment

Matt Feel free to ask questions on the main ABC barbecue site too. Great thing you checked, I believe the emails go out tomorrow but Pit members get 'first round draft pick'. Enjoy!

Comment

We took delivery of another 50 Slow 'N Sears today so we have all 100 of "Batch 1" in stock. This morning we let The Pit know the SnS was on sale. This evening we sent out an email to all of the folks that signed up for the newsletter. Tomorrow we will announce on Facebook the shop has gone live. We kept our promise to give The Pit "first dibs" and are thankful many of you have already made a purchase. At this pace we're going to sell out in a matter of days. Honestly though I expect today was a lot of "pent up demand" sales and things will slow down soon.

Comment

Congrats on the launch

Comment

Just an FYI, I signed up for the newsletter but didn't get the email. Letting you know incase there is a glitch and others didn't get one either.

Comment

Matt thanks for the heads up. Can you PM me the email address you used? I'll see if the email went out to you.

Comment

• richinlbrg
                  richinlbrg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dayum! Huskee David Parrish it was in my junk folder. NOTHING ever gets there; how this did is a quandary to me, but it was there!

Write this down - you were right, and I was w Wr Wr ........not correct.

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  richinlbrg BOOM! Huskee=1 richinlbrg= ...well you get the idea, lol

• richinlbrg
                  richinlbrg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Huskee - me thinks you enjoyed that just a tad too much! LOL. But it is unusual that so many went directly to spam/junk folders.

Yikes! Operator error?? When I click buy, it tells me content cannot be displayed.

Comment

• ontheranch
                  ontheranch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Guys, I got it! np whatsoever worked great 2nd try I'm a happy cowgirl

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Excellent! Were you successful on a mobile device or desktop?

• ontheranch
                  ontheranch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  desktop Perhaps the site was just overwhelmed when I tried the first time.

I ordered two! One for me and one for a wedding present. Very excited.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You get an award for biggest purchase so far! (I think)

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep! He's the biggest order so far!

Originally posted by bpf120 View Post
                I ordered two! One for me and one for a wedding present. Very excited.
                bpf120 Biggest Purchase award (2)

Click image for larger version

Name:	award.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	87880

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ontheranch LOL, well, I've learned not to rush to conclusions. But at 54 years it seems obvious! Congrats!

• Powersmoke_80
                  Powersmoke_80 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I only purchased 1 but text the link to a coworker who was on the list and couldnt wait to get one ordered for his Birthday this weekend>

• bpf120
                  bpf120 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Heck yeah!

SnS searing up some carne asada tacos in a thunderstorm. This thing just doesn't stop delivering, in any conditions!! (The flare ups were from the bursts of 30 mph cross winds...)

Comment

• barney
                  barney commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Would love to learn how you did the carne ! That looks wonderful.

• pittkappasig
                  pittkappasig commented
                  Editing a comment
                  carne was super easy, marinated 2 lbs of flank in:
                  couple tbsp garlic (i usually go garlic heavy, we like it)
                  bunch of cilantro
                  1 jap
                  2 lime juice
                  1 orange juice
                  some white vinegar
                  and a splash or 2 of olive oil
                  mashed it all in a bowl and poured in a baggie over the steak for like 4 hours

i did render some beef fat to add some "beef love" to the outside of the steak while i was searing it (they were throwing it away in front of my eyes at the meat counter, couldnt let it goto waste!!!) but other than that, pretty much MHs directions, as always for a crusty flank.
                  SnS did all the work. had to tend it like a baby because we were at warp 10 and the wind was blowing but flip, flip, flip and cut... my girlfriend and i crushed the whole 2lbs lol.

• pittkappasig
                  pittkappasig commented
                  Editing a comment
                  fuzzydaddy i was lucky enough to win a contest on FB so i got some early exposure with the SnS. theres a few kinks to work out in the beginning but, WOW i am speechless now. just keeps churning out great meat. i havent used my PBC since i got it: i think my PBC is getting jealous...

For the folks that reported they did not receive the newsletter, we checked and you were on the email list. Please look in your spam folder and let us know if you find the email.

Comment

• Matt Knight
                  Matt Knight commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It was in there. Sorry about that.

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Matt nothing to be sorry about. This is something we definitely wanted to know. We gotta figure out how to get email servers to realize we're legit and stop marking us as spam. This probably happened to a lot of folks.

We're pretty busy today at Adrenaline Barbecue Company's world headquarters.

Name:	IMG_7956.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	88076

Name:	IMG_7957.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	88079

Name:	IMG_7960.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	88078

fuzzydaddy - This one's for you!

Name:	IMG_7962.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	88077

Attached Files

Comment

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes! More like Google. Less like Sweat Shop.

• richinlbrg
                  richinlbrg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yup

And has great cost/benefit in my analysis!

• smarkley
                  smarkley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice, You Guys Rawwwk!

I predict next weekend will be a banner SnS weekend!

So David Parrish how long before the limited edition will become a collectible and will it be worth if I never use it? I bought it to go with the new Weber copper kettle that I bought back in the winter which has never been taken out the box yet.

Comment

• richinlbrg
                  richinlbrg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just make sure you keep,it in the original box with the certificate DWCowles. This seems to increase the value of antiques.

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  lol - I'm packing the first box and y'all are talking about the SnS being an antique. Might be a bit of a wait for that!

• richinlbrg
                  richinlbrg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We just need to update our wills!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here