Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the Slow 'N Sear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic of steaks on the grill

Comment

Woots... got my new Performer... ready for the SnS!

Woooohooo!

Comment

Well, the finger crossing didn't work. Manufacturer said they won't have any ready today. It's gonna be next week.

Comment

Thanks David Parrish for the update. Time to stock up on meat for a marathon cook, well at least every afternoon that I can...
          Last edited by fuzzydaddy; May 29, 2015, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Brisket cook tonight using pecan wood mixed with charcoal for fuel/smoke the first few hours, then wrapped around 170F and finished with charcoal. Took it up to 203F then rested in a faux cambro for 3 hours. No teeth required. Equal to any brisket I've ever made (i.e outstanding).

Click image for larger version

Name:	image1 (2).JPG
Views:	112
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	86188

Comment

I should add that was the brisket point. The flat took longer so we didn't eat it tonight. The flat is now resting after 12 hours of cooking. This was done on the 26" kettle and the fuel consisted of two big chunks of pecan wood and 1.5 Weber chimney's worth of charcoal. Not bad!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                Not bad at all. I got a new probe for my Auber. Can't wait to do another large chunk of meat.

B for me

Comment

Boneless short ribs. Ash wood 6 hrs, BBBR.

Sliced 'em thin like brisket for Philly steak & cheese sammies. Sauteed peppers and onions, provolone cheese, fresh-baked ciabatta rolls (from Sam's), little extra salt & pepper.. Mighty fine eating.

Name:	IMAG7553.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	86671

Name:	IMAG7554.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	283.1 KB
ID:	86672

Comment

• The Burn
                The Burn commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, beef and provolone on bread - a match made in BBQ heaven

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Totally agree The Burn. Too bad we aren't neighbors.

Check out our latest cook here

Comment

• richinlbrg
                richinlbrg commented
                Editing a comment
                WOW, David Parrish I would not have guessed that you could put one into a relatively thin fish without tearing it up. Good info which I'll be using the future! Thank you

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                You have to be careful. When the fish got up to 130F it would no longer hold the Mav probe, so I just checked every minute or two with the Thermapen at that point.

• Drbearsec
                Drbearsec commented
                Editing a comment
                lol... stop teasing us... I feel like I'm back in high school on a date ;-)

We've got Slow 'N Sears in stock. The Storefront will be live soon. Drbearsec the teasing is almost over

Comment

Woohooo! Shop is live! http://www.abcbarbecue.com/#_l_1b

We have 50 in stock with 50 more being made as I type. Since we have limited numbers I'm letting you guys know first so you get first crack. I'll send out an email tomorrow which will notify everyone that signed up for updates (including a large group of non club members) that the shop is live.

We'll pack and ship this weekend.

Comment

• smarkley
                  smarkley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Order placed... abcbarbecue and paypal confirmed...

Woo Hoo!

• pittkappasig
                  pittkappasig commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SnS is going to need its own section after these get disseminated among this forum...

• oldsteve
                  oldsteve commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just ordered mine. Getting ready to go to Costco to pick up a couple of boneless pork shoulders, to be first cook on the Slow 'N Sear when it arrives.

Yeah Baby!!! I got my order placed.

Comment

Order has been placed David Parrish

Comment

Order placed!

Comment

Awesome! I can't wait to hear what you guys think.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here