Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the Slow 'N Sear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

richinlbrg so if I keep the kettle and the SnS in their original packaging they will be worth more?

Comment

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      Could be. Won't make them worth less from what I've seen (as seen on TV).

BUT, you have to take loss of enjoyment into consideration, as well as how great a businessperson is leading the charge here. If this grows into the next Apple, your progeny, IMHO, want an unused/undamaged original with certificate. JMHO

David Parrish I'm thinking of the grandkids future 😆

Comment

The next Apple, lol.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee speaking of Apple I read about this lady that had an old Apple computer that was built in Steve Jobs garage back in the 70s. She gave it away and now they're trying to find her because it was worth $200,000 and they want to give her half of it.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        DWCowles that's cool. Imagine her joy when she gets $100k out of the blue.

Enjoy the ride, wherever it goes. I bet it will be good.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzydaddy View Post
        Enjoy the ride, wherever it goes. I bet it will be good.

Fingers crossed Dave... Fingers crossed.

Comment

Ok bought one... Order number $40 it looks like

Comment

Originally posted by Drbearsec View Post
            Ok bought one... Order number $40 it looks like
            The sales numbers don't agree to the Slow 'N Sear number you'll get. We had to run several test transactions, which all got counted.

Comment

• oldsteve
              oldsteve commented
              Editing a comment
              Got my Priority Mail 2-Day tracking number for the new Slow 'N Sear. When do you suggest I start dry brining my Pork shoulders? I'm getting antsy.

oldsteve

Folks we are printing labels over the weekend and shipping Monday. You might get an email today or tomorrow that your shipping info is processed. Your order should arrive within the week.

Comment

Here's a funny... recently I got a new weber performer and now have an SnS coming... my wife said, "Ok that's your Father's Day present... and now I expect the next few weekends to be like Mother's Day..."

"Yes, Dear.... " hahahahaha!

Comment

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                That got a real LOL from me. Good one!

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                "All the grilled & smoked meats you want, my love" Win win.

• MrSkimo
                MrSkimo commented
                Editing a comment
                Seriously, that sounds like her Mothers Day present for the next few years. You take over cooking duties on the grill...

Did this baby tonight. Best crust I've ever created. SnS got to 225 with 20 coals and a 1/2 full water reservoir. Hickory and applewood. Lit up 2/3 chimney of coals for the sear and coated it several times with beef love, salt and pepper. Had some mac and cheese simmering in the cool side lower grate and also roasted some corn while searing the steak. I have nothing left to say about the SnS and a kettle, it's a game changer.

Comment

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                VERY glad you're a fan!

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                That's a nice sear, I bet that was good eatin'.

Pork loin chops.
              • Wet brined 90 min (normally 1 hr but these were kinda thick so I went 90) in 1/2 gal water 1/2 C table salt.
              • Then dried, light oil, fresh cracked pepper, decent amount of granulated garlic powder and herbs de Provence.
              • Reverse seared hot & fast, at ~340. Honey brushed on right before the sear.
              • Seared to ~145-150
              Homemade foil drip catcher. One probe halfway on indirect side. ~1/2 chimney well lit charcoal. One sweet cherry wood chunk.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG7617.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	313.2 KB
ID:	88217

Name:	IMAG7622.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	88218

Took about 25 min to get 1" - 1.25" chops to 135`and ready for a sear. Honey added right before the sear.

Name:	IMAG7630.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	88219

Homemade garlic mashed redskin potatoes and sweet corn (not homemade )

Name:	IMAG7635.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	300.8 KB
ID:	88220

Oh so juicy and a little smoke ring

Name:	IMAG7639.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	371.0 KB
ID:	88221

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                richinlbrg Part old habit, part I think it makes a better chop. A few months ago I made a post where I did a side by side of dry brine vs wet brine, both cooked identically to the same IT. Hardly a scientific test, but the wet brined chops had a noticeably juicier bite. Dry brined (a few hours, can't remember exactly how long w/out looking the post up) were a very close second. If someone didn't want to do a wet brine, they aren't missing the appearance of angels or anything. But I happen to prefer it for chops.

No, cold tap water, then store the bowl in the fridge for the hour soak (75-90min if they're 1"+)
                Last edited by Huskee; June 7, 2015, 05:33 AM.

• richinlbrg
                richinlbrg commented
                Editing a comment
                TYVM, Huskee!

• smarkley
                smarkley commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks!

These look great! I have been wanting to do some Loin Chops... now I know what to do!

Order #1042 confirmed! Can't wait to give it a go! Congrats Dave!

Comment

We dropped a whole lot of boxes off at USPS this morning. You're tracking numbers should start showing up with an ETA this evening.

Comment

I'm in too......#1043. Congrats on the start up.

(Would it be considered premature extrapolation if SnS shows in my signature line)

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
                    I'm in too......#1043. Congrats on the start up.

(Would it be considered premature extrapolation if SnS shows in my signature line)

Thanks! And Go for it! You won't be the first. fuzzydaddy has had the SnS in his for a while.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here