Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter time snow/ice/inclement weather cooking pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump!

I'll add this, although it's a repost from my chuck roast post from a couple weeks ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-02-20_09-12-21-1.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	68203

Comment

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      Man we had some cold arse days this winter. It was kinda surreal.

Hey it warmed up a bit that day!

Comment

Yes it did. Powder springs hit 74*F hi today. Not trying to rub it in but, Spring is on the way.

Comment

Sorry Huskee can't help here in Florida, pronounced Flor rid aaaaaaaa.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Guy FLBuckeye Marauderer we have friends vacationing in FL right now. They have rubbed it in already via Instagram. I guess when it's 110 for you I can rub it in that it's only 75 here, lol.

• Guy
          Guy commented
          Editing a comment
          True but the heat is not messy.

• FLBuckeye
          FLBuckeye commented
          Editing a comment
          The high is Tampa rarely gets above 93 but the humidity can be a bit much at times

It'd been recommended elsewhere that I post my 'inclement' weather photo here. I don't know about 'inclement' (definition: physically severe) as much as inconvenient. I smoke / grill all year round. When it's wet I'll put the patio umbrella over the smoker and keep going. Here's my baby before last weekend's smoke of whole chicken and grilled ribeye steaks.

Name:	Smoker Before 03012015.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	68700

Comment

• Marauderer
          Marauderer commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, this is the correct place. One persons inclement is another's fun and challenging!!

For me and the rest of us in the north country, a little snow on the ground isn't a big deal. I just thought this picture was kinda cool. I took this right before I loaded it into the PBC. This is my charcoal set up for overnight cooks in cold a$$ weather. I get the most charcoal into the PBC basket by stocking the briquettes vertically and leaving the middle open for the red hot coals. I always load and light my basket out of the PBC. After I dump the coals into the basket, I use a hook to lower the basket into the PBC. This basket took me past 14 hours with no fiddling!! There is some snow in the picture so I thought it passed the test for a inclement weather cook. If you you could feel the temp outside you would certainly agree. (-5 F)

Name:	IMG_3040.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	68747

Name:	IMG_3041.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	68748

Comment

• Ray
          Ray commented
          Editing a comment
          Great pics!

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Great pic Spinaker, would fit in the Feed The Flame thread too.

Spinaker, that is a great idea stacking the coals. What did you cook for 14 hours? The way you placed the wood chunks all around puzzles me because I thought you wanted all the smoke in the beginning when the meat is cold. Enlighten me on this.

Comment

Thank you for asking this, Guy. I have the same question.

Comment

Can't find the "what's the temp where you are" topic, so I'll post here that it is 2.7*F here in Northern VA this morning.

Comment

• chudzikb
              chudzikb commented
              Editing a comment
              It was 0 in central PA, warming up now in the low single digits. Pork butt out in the garage over night, life is good.

Name:	10422311_10203909006632262_8398408542568658160_n.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	69128 Finally dug out the PBC...my son and I are enjoying a pre-cook adult beverage around the fire pit. Harpoon cider for him, Baxter Pamola XTRA Pale Ale for me. Tomorrow it's pork shoulder, and corned beef round and brisket. It's finally starting to melt here and we'll have temps in the 40s for the next few days. Now if they'd only fix the Commuter Rail!

Comment

carolts AWESOME!!!

Comment

carolts that is an awesome picture! I think I would be framing that one as a fun memory of the record 2015 winter.

Comment

• carolts
                  carolts commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thanks, Huskee. I have it as the desktop on my Mac. It's melted a few feet since the height of the accumulation. We're still trying to find one of our "rock" speakers and the chairs were frozen to the patio. Good times!

Name:	IMG_0941.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	71020

The beginning of the cook from last weekend. By the end there was no snow or ice within roughly 12" of the barrel.

Comment

I'll get this post going for 2016.

The white stuff is really piling up here in Pensacola, FL......... Please don't beat me up too bad for this, and yes I know there's no grill in the picture.

Name:	IMG_4729.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	135760

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Inclement indeed, look at those puffy clouds!

• richinlbrg
                    richinlbrg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ohhh, fuzzydaddy , that was just uncalled for!
                    Cruel.

👍

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                    fuzzydaddy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Beautiful, and everyday is really nice! I head home tomorrow and suspect it will be a longer than normal drive as we are expecting 5-8" of snow today.

• Jon Solberg
                    Jon Solberg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Man, no gas, no gill cover, no bad weather. Whats next? hehehehehe

• Breadhead
                    Breadhead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Jon Solberg ...

Hmmm... Either an earthquake or the state falling into the Pacific Ocean.🙊

Who knows... I just go with the flow.👍

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here