Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter time snow/ice/inclement weather cooking pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta tell yall, truthfully:

Th Brass Monkey, an th ol crone sportin th Brass Bra, they's both been a scritchin at th door, an givin me th Stink Eye, today!

Click image for larger version

Name:	19JAN19 20190119_141451-PANO.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	625289

Smoke On!

Comment

Now I wish I had pics from the Christmas Prime Rib Cook of 2016 on the PBC in west South Dakota. Blizzard with thunder and lightning. Turned out great rubbed with some of Meathead's Cow Crust
      Last edited by Baer556; January 19, 2019, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad you could even cook during the blizzard. I remember one year a SoDak blizzard put a snow drift around our house that made us climb in and out of our house using a second floor window. Had to do that for almost a week before we got a door cleared out.

I'm just south of Bonesy and it's 13ºF here today, too, but this time there's no wind. At least according to my phone app. I might have to fire up the Yoder and do some ribs today, I'm kind thinkin' they sound good. Yesterday I worked in the morning at the clinic, then stayed inside all afternoon and evenin' watchin' movies with the fam. That sounds like a good plan again today with the exception of some venturin' out to mess with some ribs.

<edit> Oh cripes... I just remembered, we have a small group get-together this evenin' at the church. Dangit. So if'n I'm gonna do ribs, they gonna have to be for lunch, or I'ma have to do enough for 20. Hmmm.....

Comment

Im Digressing I bought a used master built electric smoker last week cook some Awesome jerky last week sub zero temps. Today it’s +37 I’m doing chuck Burnt Ends Heat wave out. There
        Attached Files

Comment

It’s -10 C in Calgary Canada, just fired up the Traeger. Smok ‘en some fine Costco side ribs.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! Havin a pellet cooker should reduce yer trips outdoors, to tend th cooker fire!

Have a Great Cook, an please take us some pics!!!

• WVsmoke
            WVsmoke commented
            Editing a comment
            Like the grill blanket.

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't forget your sunscreen!

Almost done! Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	625592

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Great lookin ribs, Brother!

It was -1 in southern MN this afternoon. I made a meatloaf on the Memphis Pellet Grill. You'll just have to take my word for it. The meatloaf is posted on the Show us What You're Cooking thread.

Comment

Used Master built electric smoker chuckie chop hit with a squirt of smokie rays Chipotle sauce it was Awesome
            Attached Files

Comment

Some bone-in chops going slow with 10 degree ambient.
              Attached Files

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Ribs turned out great, just in time for the game
                  Attached Files

Comment

Well we haven't got any snow yet in Northern NJ so I'll just post a throwback from January 2016. My first avatar on the Pit.

Name:	snow que.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	625759

Comment

Was 2.3 degrees above zero here yesterday morning. Had guests coming to dinner and cooked up a couple of chuck roasts. BBBR for rub. Served with collard and mustard greens with smoked turkey legs I prepared the day before. Used my Performer with SNS, KBB and mesquite chunks. Helped the kettle out with a welder's blanket. Cooked at 225-250 with no issues for 4 hours until the stall, wrapped and finished in the oven at 225 then cambro for 2 hours. Meat was excellent and appreciated by all. The collard/mustard greens were outstanding but my wife still prefers them with bacon and not smoked turkey.

Name:	P1020348.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	285.4 KB
ID:	625866Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020349.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	236.6 KB
ID:	625863Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020351.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	343.6 KB
ID:	625865Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020354.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	625864

Comment

This is from a while back, and I *might* have already posted this at the time, so apologies if this is a repeat...anyway this is Calgary, AB, rocking a smallish pork shoulder on my Jumbo Joe for pulled pork. Fun times!
                        Attached Files

Comment

What’s that white stuff in all those pics? I can hardly remember the last time I saw that stuff. Oh yes, my grandson’s 1st Christmas six years ago. I’ve cooked in freezing weather but never snow. Y’all are dedicated and tough.

Comment

• mrteddyprincess
                            mrteddyprincess commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It's 10 F right now and I got ribs and tips smoking. Got my warm boots on. No need for a coat when I go out. Fire box on the offset keeps me warm while I'm checking. I'm in Indiana and I don't think of myself as tough compared to our friends to the north in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Maine, and Canada!

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here