Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter time snow/ice/inclement weather cooking pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is time to see some "Southern Texas Snow and Ice" inclement outdoor cooking photos! Extra points will be awarded for shorts and sandals in snowy conditions. Skin shades of blue will also be rewarded.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve already got my wardrobe picked out.

• Red Man
      Red Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t do it Panhead John !! It’s been in the 20s and really windy here the last couple days. It’s brutally cold and people are not meant to be outdoors in those kind of conditions, especially wimpy southerners 😂

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll probably just take pics of a fake cook, or troll the web for pictures....tell y’all it’s me. Red Man

Sleet and freezing rain all day here in Northern VA.

Put a tub of Bourbon baked beans under two racks of BBs.

The beans had had a Granny Smith and brunoised pulled pork added.

Ribs had a decent smoke ring, and were nice and juicy!

I declare success.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by richinlbrg; February 13, 2021, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      I second your declaration

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Hell, I declare I'm on my way over!

Click image for larger version

Name:	AAFA13EF-8EB5-4327-B45C-FCAF7F1755E7.jpeg
Views:	319
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	989253Click image for larger version

Name:	C82D435A-E2E1-4456-8BED-A64C12BADFF3.jpeg
Views:	320
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	989252richinlbrg I’ve got the same weather as you but only a couple packs of dogs to go with leftover Cincinnati chili. I’ll be over as soon as I scrape off some ice!

Comment

• Red Man
      Red Man commented
      Editing a comment
      A wheelbarrow full a weiners!! 😋😂

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my! Too many jokes to apply here. I don’t wanna get banned. 😂

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      Great set-up!

Started off about 6:30 pm for an over night brisket with temps around 15F and supposed to drop to around -4F as the cook should be wrapping up. So far the kamado has chugged along at 250 with plenty of vent left to open air flow if needed. We’re gonna put the ceramic to the test tonight!
    Attached Files

Comment

• USMCCrashCrew89
      USMCCrashCrew89 commented
      Editing a comment
      It probed tender about 3 am, about 3 hours sooner than I thought it would. I ended up letting it cool down in the oven a bit, then fridged it until switching it back over to the oven to reheat for lunch today. I adjusted the vents about 3 times through the cook but it held between 275-250 pretty steady through the process.

• USMCCrashCrew89
      USMCCrashCrew89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Side note, if anyone is worried about the batteries in their probe thermometer sending unit, I found the ceramic warmed up enough to keep the AAA batteries in the Maverick unit held out just fine.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Way Awesome Cooker, Brother!

Donw has requested some Texas outdoor cooks in the snow and inclement weather. He’s awarding extra points for shorts and sandals. I will do better than that. I don’t let a little snow bother me. 58limited ain’t as tough. He had to wear boots. And ya gotta admit, we are always up with the latest fashion.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; February 17, 2021, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      You trust him with boiling water.

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      It is obvious alcohol was involved.

Nuff said. LOL

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Since this thread has been resurrected, that isn’t really me and 58limited in the above picture 😂. I just pulled it off the internet.

Now I KNOW I am a whimp. Well done guys! Smoke on!

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      What’s a whimp?
      Last edited by Panhead John; February 21, 2021, 05:30 AM.

Name:	106D9C7C-B153-4E6D-A9E1-4F7A1E1E1DF7.png
Views:	283
Size:	616.1 KB
ID:	991275

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      😂 I’d like to start out by thanking The Academy and smokin fool for giving me the inspiration and fortitude for such a daring and obviously life threatening cook. Even though I was the only one bare foot, 58limited is my only choice as a partner for grilling hot dogs on a cheap gasser in the snow. I’d also like to thank AR for giving us this platform to display our daring and high class display of a gourmet cook.
      Last edited by Panhead John; February 17, 2021, 06:48 PM.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Donw Awesome job on the certificate! That really took some time and skill. Thanks! I’m gonna print it out and frame it, for all my neighbors to see! (I really do need to get a life)
      Last edited by Panhead John; February 17, 2021, 07:43 PM.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John 58limited Man, even I don't do bare feet, skin sticks to cement when its cold like that!!!!.
      You guys will be men before your mothers
      As for credit, like you....I was bloody well hungry and very few things beat hot dogs on a gasser.

Name:	6A644F7A-E3F2-4886-9989-2C0A4053FE3F.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	993029Click image for larger version

Name:	E5489434-D393-48D2-9B66-9162BB5A8122.jpeg
Views:	267
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	993028Click image for larger version

Name:	E50A5367-7C1E-4186-921E-FA657542DF75.jpeg
Views:	271
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	993027 Prepping for chicken breast fillets to accompany sourdough biscuits and a zucchini au gratin for dinner. I heart. The mid west!

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      You know we’re gonna need pics. Of you in shorts and sandals. Ya know, if you really wanna prove you’re deserving of a man card....here in the pit, you gotta tough row to hoe, if you’re gonna beat smokin fool ‘s pics he posted at SUWYC.. Best wishes.
      Last edited by Panhead John; February 21, 2021, 05:33 AM.

• RickyBobby
      RickyBobby commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John , Lol! I don’t know that I want to scare everyone else off, but I SHALL cook again tomorrow and include a selfie of me, at a minimum, in short sleeves. I can’t get on board with sandals as I don’t wear them ever. Regardless of whether. Lol!

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I just started a new post. Save any semi nude pics for that. 😂😂😂😂

Fantastic!

Comment

Rollin’ smoke in freezing cold snow 🥶
      Attached Files

Comment

Refreshing! Brings back memories. 🕶

Comment

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          I would say that some professional help is called for. But I'm not sure in your case 😋

Can this thread be retired until November? Sun came out late this afternoon. Was a record cold Memorial Day Saturday and Sunday 47 the high both days. Last time, 1918 and was 54. Today got to 60. Was able and grill and not need winter waterproof clothing along with a canoe to get to the cooker.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
          ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
          Editing a comment
          you'd have to ask the bots to stop randomly bringing up old posts... but this is probably the newest old post one has revived... so there's that.

Bump!

Looks like it's time to resurrect this ol' topic for many of you. Early winter this year.

Comment

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          10-4 right now we're in the eye of the storm so to speak, snowing like hell 30 mins north and 30 mins south of us.
          Sunny and 1C right now, what snow we have is melting.
          Busy this weekend with out-laws so, doggonit, no fire related cookin till next weekend.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          smokin fool 31F (0.5C) here, snowing lightly all pretty-like, maybe 4" on ground. Kinda wish we were in the blizzard since I'm off work, kinda glad we're not so we can travel if we want.

I want to see some pics from our Buffalo members.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          All the TV news is groaning about here, Lake Huron up to the Saugeen Shores into Georgian Bay is getting pelted.
          Seen a coupla shots from Buffalo stations, its ain't pretty. Over people's knees out shoveling and no let up in sight.
          My son lives on Erie's north shore, not as bad a Buffalo but been snowing steadily.

Just saw a report come across all travel is banned. Assume it's true, guess where the Bills are? Not in Detroit, good luck getting there.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here