Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter time snow/ice/inclement weather cooking pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DWCowles , no bread in the house. Can't wait until I am able to partake!!!!!!!!!!

And it ain't gonna be Miller time!

Comment

This at Noon today. There's more than 18" on the ground as it's up to the chest of my two Labs. Although the picture looks clear, the snow has continued to come down at a steady pace. Not cooking outside today - the wind gusts are nuts.

There's the "close-in" grill area (i.e., set up just outside the patio room & garage for easy winter access and power), which is the pellet cooker, my Performer and one of my charcoal bins (and a fire pit between the bin & grill for chimney lighting). Farther out is my usual grill area, which holds the former stuff and my 22" kettle, my propane smoker, and my small propane grill.

Click image for larger version

Name:	24455110542_d158220125_o.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	136338

Then there's a view from the living room of part of the front yard and out across the street. There's a driveway back in there somewhere

Name:	24481121441_a2c72bbe29_o.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	136339

Comment

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty!

Good luck, The Burn !!

• RandomAccess
        RandomAccess commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a lot of snow! Wisconsin has been lucky so far this year.

No snow, no rain
      No cold, no pain
      Just smoke, hope
      And bacon wrapped meat loaf.
      Attached Files

Comment

Cool stuff guys, what a neat thread for times like these. richinlbrg WOW! How cool is that. I've been watching you guys' radar... it's like a little hurricane just stalled and spinning right overtop of you and not moving onward.

Comment

jecucolo THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

Huskee , fun cook! Just gotta be a little audacious!

We are getting hit pretty hard! Lotsa drifting. It'll take a couple days to dig out once it stops.

Comment

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            Stay safe, richinlbrg. We have about 18" and more to come.

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, Dewesq55 , you have a way to go! YOU be VERY careful!!!!

We're at 2 1/2 feet and still accumulating pretty quickly. Should start tapering down soon. Think those, like you, north of us are getting it much worse than expected.

Stay safe!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n136388[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n136389[/ATTACH] still deteriorating. In the first pic, you can barely see the top of a chair and reaaly can't see the table. In the second, we now have a pretty substantial wind break for the WSM and Kettle
          Attached Files

Comment

• Ray
            Ray commented
            Editing a comment
            Tremendous fortitude richinlbrg, I hope the local community has the equipment to dig you out!

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, Ray !!

Kinda crazy. It'll be slow digging out. With all the wind and drifting, the crews have not been able to keep up. Should start slowing up soon.

If these pics get out, they may come for me with a funny white coat. LOL

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, Ray , apparently we do NOT have the right equipment. Blowers from other states are enroute to help.

Apple cranberry chutney pork chops! Reverse sear on Kamado Joe and the cast iron griddle. Doing a lot of grilling this storm and loving the results!

Comment

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful!!!

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Great looking food! Any weather shots?

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Great pics, an' great soundin' recipe, scottranda! ANy hints, recipe, etc. ? ;-)
            What make/model of skillet in pic # 2?
            Stay warm, keep th' Smoke rollin'!

Huskee here is our weather in Charlotte. Majority ice!

Comment

The cook results from yesterday/last night

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n136603[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n136604[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n136605[/ATTACH] Some more pics during the smoke
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice work richinlbrg! Seriously.

Considering your epic weather and your nice documentation of it, and running two simultaneous cookers during it all, the least I can do is give you my respect and first ever double award!

[....starts...slow...clap...........]

Name:	award.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	136614

Name:	award.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	136613

And I would love to sample the 2016 Blizzard Beef, but pics will have to suffice!
              Last edited by Huskee; January 24, 2016, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• richinlbrg
                richinlbrg commented
                Editing a comment
                WOA

WOW

HOLEY MOLEY!!!!

First I ever got!! I know it was in part for just being pure crazy, but I'll take it with GREAT pride!!

#proudofthis!

Thank you VERY much!

But you also get part of the credit. Hinting at a bit of a challenge (you didn't think I'd be crazy/dumb enough to do it, did you?), and a LOT for helping me get over the bronchitis. Thanks, Huskee!

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                richinlbrg Defintely glad you got over the bronchitis before this happened. It would've been a shame with you not being able to shovel or cook, knowing how sweet it would've been to do this.

• richinlbrg
                richinlbrg commented
                Editing a comment
                Huskee , I'd have cooked it anyway!

Shoveling.........well......who knows.

Second biggest snow here in history!

Posted a couple pics on FB. One of my wife's childhood friends asked how we smoke indoors. When #1 told her I did it outside, her friend just said "manly man." Beats crazy stupid! LOL

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n136627[/ATTACH] Usually when we talk about the morning after, we think headaches.

Here is the standard pic of the morning after, but this time it is not my head, but my back and hands that need help! LOL
                Attached Files

Comment

• cdd315
                  cdd315 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OMG, that's just crazy! There must be close to 30 inches out there! Wow, I don't know if I've ever seen that knida of snow up here at one time. Stay safe and warm

• richinlbrg
                  richinlbrg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Coming from you, cdd315 , that says a lot!

With all the wind, we'll never really have an accurate total, but I think your guesstimate is pretty much spot on.

We're safe, warm, well fed and relaxing.

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Geez Louweez......

So, for comparison sake, here's the noon Saturday photo again, then 7 am this morning, and after digging a path to the wood pile. There won't be any cooking today because we got invited to friends' for dinner.

Name:	24455110542_d158220125_o.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	136785

Name:	23958459924_28c88e7010_o.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	136786

Name:	IMG_2167.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	136787

Comment

• richinlbrg
                  richinlbrg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good picks, The Burn !

We had about 30, Allentown had 30, so I'm guessing you are right there, too.

Good sized dump, eh? At least most of it was light, at least here.

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ouch.....in 2010 we caught 8 inches. No wind, just a heavy wet snow coming straight down. Twas enough.

ALLRIGHT girls & guys! It's that time of year again. With several states in the path of snow snow snow, let's see your winter cooking pictures!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here