Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter time snow/ice/inclement weather cooking pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12.5" so far, 30mph winds and the storm is ramping up here in North Jersey. We're supposed to get 18-24" and winds 35 - 50mph for most of this afternoon and evening according to weather people. Storm here is supposed to end Tuesday evening. 11:45am pics of my front yard and back yard.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	93F5C26A-6077-481C-BE76-0BB6896B9155.jpeg
Views:	305
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	983368Click image for larger version

Name:	BF4CC612-A292-4A6E-A6B8-409FB079B076.jpeg
Views:	294
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	983367

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! We can’t even fathom that happening down here in Houston. Hope everything turns out ok for you folks.

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      But there is no smoke???

• kjbarth
      kjbarth commented
      Editing a comment
      No smoke. My WSM would blow away. Wife and I (mostly wife) making Sunday Gravy from Rao's cookbook. Made meatballs last night, Rao's recipe too.

This was my all time favorite. Being in Alberta, I've cooked in lots worse weather, but the heat zone around this was pretty neat. This was after a 12 hour brisket cook...
    Attached Files

Comment

Yup weather sure has been tough alright. I actually had to go put on some long pants after this was taken. Got down to a chilly and crisp 65* last night here in Texas.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea but when it’s 90 I’m still wearing shorts and flip-flops !!!

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        ....sigh....

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Troutman I wear shorts when it is 30 degrees.

yea, at least I don't have to cut my grass all 12 months. I break it up with my snow blower. Now here's a update a moment ago.

Name:	20210201_202452.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	983621

Comment

• Whiskeyman53
        Whiskeyman53 commented
        Editing a comment
        February might be a tough month for us.

• RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        Talking about another Nor'easter Sunday. I'm not going anywhere. I think ther's a football game on. Someone I know who used to be here in N.E. is playing. On another subject B.B. sucks.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        I sub grass cutting out to the never ending, work for next to nothing Hispanic population. There I said it, I have a yard man

Did a 9# pork shoulder, cut in half, while the weather did its thing. Took about 9 hours.

2 meteorites came off the grill. They just fell apart. Good smoke ring and taste. I’m happy and have lunch for a while.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by richinlbrg; February 2, 2021, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Post Storm Pork Tenderloin

Name:	IMG_0511.jpeg
Views:	254
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	985054

Name:	IMG_0519.jpeg
Views:	256
Size:	213.9 KB
ID:	985056

Name:	IMG_0505.jpeg
Views:	262
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	985053Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0524.jpeg
Views:	262
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	985052Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0527.jpeg
Views:	260
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	985055

Comment

This is an older pic, but one of my favorite grilling pictures taken at the end of March/Beginning of April a few years back.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Now that's what I call a well insulated kamado.

Whadda pile a crap, rain, snow, freezing rain joke here today
          Calling for snow squalls and 50cm of snow to the lee of the lakes, will probably see a few streamers here
          Temps at 0ish and dropping all day to -10’s
          So what the hell, I’m a man....last time I looked I was anyway so I’m fired up the Keg and doing a coupla racks of ribs for dinner
          BS weather
          Attached Files

Comment

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            This came up on the recent post. I thought, that has been closed for a while. I now know I should have moved on the the next post!! Visual!! UGH!! Troutman Panhead John

• Old Glory
            Old Glory commented
            Editing a comment
            Troutman you have conjured images I just do not want to see.

• Loren
            Loren commented
            Editing a comment
            I nearly spat my coffee out from laughing!

Well done my good sirs! 🤣

Well, we woke up to snow, so I had to do it.

baked beans under beef short ribs.
          Attached Files

Comment

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            Atta boy, cold weather cooks are a PITA but well worth it at the end.

Yesterday’s annoying snowfall LOL. Was telling my wife it’s nice to see winter peeks it’s head from time to time it’s weird not getting any snow all winter or 50-60 degree winter days!
          Attached Files

Comment

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            There better be duct tape holding up that umbrella

• gmascolo51
            gmascolo51 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahahha it’s carefully propped in the ice and leaning on the smoker, duct tape would of been too much work!!!!

Pork butt in the kamado and wings in the PBC! I think we got up to 6 degrees at some point...
          Attached Files

Comment

Yesterday brought a quick 6 inches of snow and after a little shoveling out I had a whole chicken hanging in some apple smoke.

Name:	20210208_163546.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	987176

Comment

Been looking through this post for some inspiration. I’m a Southern California native and we have extremely mild winters - my kids have been in the pool almost every day in the past week.

Recently received two job inquiries - one in Minneapolis, MN and the other in Buffalo, NY.

The thought of either of those places in the winter scares the barbecue sauce outta me! Glad to see that y’all still cook outdoors...wonder how brave I’d be if we end up moving...

Comment

• Jfrosty27
                Jfrosty27 commented
                Editing a comment
                +1. You just buy warmer clothes and go for it.

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                What they said. Every Thanksgiving I smoke a turkey rain or shine, and have done it when the weather was in the 20's, and just setup a chiminea next to the smoker, and kept it stuffed with logs to keep me warm while I "made" the turkey. It was really my way to get out of the madhouse that was going on in the house with all the other cooking.

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                To me the big plus in moving out of SoCal is the cost of living. Your money will go a LOT farther just about anywhere else, aside from DC and NYC.

Ok ok. I won't complain about going outside to the grill when its below 40F and windy any more.... I feel like such a wimp!

Comment

• smokin fool
                smokin fool commented
                Editing a comment
                ....all the Yankee tourists show up in black knee high hosiery....Louis Grizzard

• Bkhuna
                Bkhuna commented
                Editing a comment
                Panhead John - I've left standing orders with my family to shoot me if I ever put on socks with flip flops.

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Or the worst of all......Plaid Bermuda shorts and a white t-shirt and knee high white socks with sandals while mowing the yard.......Just put it right through my head.

Well, it looks like me and Troutman ,along with many more of us Texans, are gonna get our comeuppance soon. We’re gonna have lows Monday and Tuesday anywhere from single digits to low 20’s. Along with possible rain, sleet or snow.....Maybe all 3! I’ll be sure and post some Indoor cook pics!

Comment

• Whiskeyman53
                Whiskeyman53 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll take a foot of snow over ice any day. Snow can be enjoyable especially with a fire and a glass of bourbon around the smoker. Ice is just miserable and dangerous. Hope the weather cooperates for you next week.

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Single digits is fun, especially when your nostrils start to stick closed after each breath and the snow gets squeaky as you walk on it. I would gladly take that for you if you would keep the 90+ summer temps.

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Dang, I may have to wear socks with my flip flops this weekend. Also may need to don a shirt, don’t want my sensitive nipples to suffer

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here