Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Playing with fire!

Comment

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice. A not upside down pic. Food looks good too.

• Juddlight
          Juddlight commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup rightside up and everything 🖒

8 lb turkey breast with Weber Roasted Garlic and Herb Seasoning smoked with cherry.
        Attached Files

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Just got me some of that Weber spice yesterday, and I'm becoming a big fan of cherry wood. Great cook - congrats!

• bbqoaf
          bbqoaf commented
          Editing a comment
          Simple smoked turkey breasts are great, such good Sanger material too.

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish I had remembered to take a pic of the sliced finished product. So juicy.

El Pollo Loco style chicken again. Had dinner guests so I made enough for 5. Forgot to take a picture of the plate, so this is the leftover chicken. Served with fresh steamed broccoli, baked potato and compressed watermelon for dessert.

Click image for larger version

Name:	epl3.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	202042

Comment

I warned her!

#1 left me alone yesterday to go to a girls only college reunion.

I told her, "When the cat's away........."

So I smoked a pork butt and shoulder with cherry wood, then decided to make BBQ'd_Nuke 's Mac n cheese. The pulled pork turned out great, one of the best I've done. Wrapped it after the stall, at about 165 and faux cambroed for 2+ hours. Pulled it, and most went into the Mac n cheese. I broke the ma n cheese into two pans. One went into the oven per the recipe, and one went into the SnS'd kettle for a kiss of smoke. Both turned out great! Here is the pork butt, just out of the cambro and then pulled.
          Attached Files

Comment

And here is the shoulder. It was falling apart as I tried to move it from the faux cambro to a bowl. Look at how clean that bone is!
            Attached Files

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              That looks damn good right there

And the finished product. The smaller glass pan was done in the oven, the larger went into the kettle for an additional kiss of smokey goodness.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's the cook log from yesterday's ribs: http://www.hackingbbq.com/2016/07/31...g-july16-ribs/

All told, a good way to spend a Saturday.

Name:	IMG_3982.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	303.0 KB
ID:	202137 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4002.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	202138

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
              fuzzydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll gladly take any leftovers, but I'm guessing there weren't any. Beautiful ribs man! I see from your blog that you used cherry wood, which is what I've started using on my pork ribs and butts - love it!

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks great man. I checked out your spot. Lots of cool stuff.

A small prime rib for the wife and I. Cooked in HEAVY rain storm but worth it

Comment

• bbqoaf
              bbqoaf commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like it was cooked perfectly.

fzxdoc , she just got home and is sampling both the pulled pork and the Mac n cheese. The word she just used for the pork was succulent. She agreed it is one of the best pulled parks I had done. It was just a great pig. I need to find out what it was.

As for the Mac n cheese. WOW. #1 loves it. Multiple layers of flavor. Very rich. For ME next time I make it, I'll SLIGHTLY reduce the amount of hot sauce, by about 1/8 cup, but we are not big fans of heat. I used "Franks hot sauce." It adds a great flavor and depth. Otherwise, not sure I'd make any adjustments. For the sharp cheddar I used Colby's 5 year aged that we get at Costco.

#1 said this is good enough to give some to the fab chef next to my office.

If you haven't figured it out, we like it and recommend it. Well worth the effort. Slight preference to cooking it in the smoker. I used cherry chunks.

Comment

• richinlbrg
              richinlbrg commented
              Editing a comment
              BBQ'd_Nuke and fzxdoc , I posted the cook on my FB page, and my wife responded as follows:

"Both the pulled pork and the macaroni and cheese were, hands down, the best I have ever eaten! Yum!"

• BBQ'd_Nuke
              BBQ'd_Nuke commented
              Editing a comment
              I've always loved Mac and cheese and it took me a while to dial this baby in, but it is absolutely worth the time it took!

Ol' Bonnie has her work cut out for her today. I picked up a really nice 11 pound brisket yesterday. It fits perfectly on the KEG. I'm using Big Poppa Smokers Cash Cow rub. The stuff has a great favor. Here is a picture of it right after it hit the grate. I did a pretty weak job of trimming, but this one is just for my consumption.

Name:	IMG_0940.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	202254

Comment

Did my pork chops but failed on a final picture. Also did the Hassleback Scalloped potatoes out of the Food Lab cookbook.
              Attached Files

Comment

Cooking Dino Ribs today .... I have a post tracking my entire cook over in Beef techniques, but thought I'd post this awesome picture of the beef rib plates and shorties
                Attached Files

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Editing a comment
                  Sooooo, do those ribs come with the bones? And how much cheese do you really measure out for the side dishes?

• fuzzydaddy
                  fuzzydaddy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Definitely an awesome picture! They look delicious.

• ecowper
                  ecowper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jerod, no bones for you dude. And I pour cheese in the measuring cup until it spills over the side. Duh

Jerod Broussard , this pic is for you!

Apparently we are back to healthier eating. LOL
                Attached Files

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Editing a comment
                  I love cucumbers! Dad brought me a bunch a while back from his garden.

• richinlbrg
                  richinlbrg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I remembered that, Jerod Broussard !

A neighbor gave us just picked cubes and tomatoes, so we had the cuke onion vinegar mix and a caprise salad for dinner.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here