Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A ham & cheese sandwich for lunch today done on the kettle + SnS + GrillGrates! I could have done this inside quicker but heck no, it's a beautiful day and I wanted to do it outside!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0148.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	229061

Name:	IMG_0149.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	229062

Name:	IMG_0152.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	229063

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome idea! Grill Grates and the Slow N Sear!!

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks everyone! What I did: About 15-18 KBB lit in the corner with a Weber cube and got them cranking with my BBQ Dragon. I did not spread the coals out. My IR said the grates were 400-450. I used 1 teaspoon each of melted butter & mayonnaise mixed, spread on the bread. About 3 minutes per side.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've used the grill grates on the other side for sandwiches. Thanks for the new idea!

Well technically this one isn't mine, but my brother is doing his first pork butt on his Slow N' Sear today. Proof that you can go low and slow in the Big Apple. NYPD, NYFD or DHS hasn't been called yet so things must be going well for him.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1316.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.81 MB ID:	229087
    Not bad for a first run!!

Name:	IMG_1469.jpeg
Views:	154
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	229112

Here is the text he sent me a little bit ago.

"This Slow N Sear is amazing. It fluctuates maybe a degree or 2 over 6 hours."
    Last edited by Spinaker; October 10, 2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      He's hooked now. Thanks to you clowns for inventing this contraption!! Huskee

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Just put your nose to the air next time you head down there. EdF

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like a plan, Spinaker . 2 weeks from now.

Winter showed up this weekend so I stayed inside and added whole poached eggs, brown rice twirled pasta and a sriracha ring of fire to this recipe: http://www.thegourmetrd.com/simple-s...peas-parmesan/

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	229216Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	229217
    Attached Files

Comment

Yesterday - First cook on the OK Joe's Highland...

Mainly trying to learn the cooker, so I wasn't sacrificing anything too difficult, or expensive, on the charcoal altar!

To my surprise, the temps stayed within 10-15 degrees from side-to-side. Baffle/tuning plate works well, imho.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2285.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.24 MB ID:	229224Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2295.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.58 MB ID:	229225Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2298.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.75 MB ID:	229226Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2302.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.57 MB ID:	229227Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2315.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.52 MB ID:	229228
      Sorry, the iPud takes gorgeous pics, but not at lower light levels...

Also, I apologize for not having any green onions, or sprigs of parsley, for garnish.

Best regards!
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 10, 2016, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the kind words, always appreciated!

I cooked way more than shown; that was late in the evenin', I have ~50-photos of the whole process, but also had guests to keep entertained, and beveraged. And prep. and cook. Nibble. Crack a cold one, now n again. Repeat.

It's what we do, right?

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice work! Welcome to the land of stickburners- where we build bonfires in barrels and we have to smell our clothes to see which ones smell less of smoke and can be worn again!

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't eaten dinner yet and this is making me too hungry! Great photos.

Mixed the remaining leftover red sauce with some colored rotini and baked it:

Name:	baked-rotini.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	229304

Comment

Today is kinda my Sunday (I work again for 6 straight 12s starting tomorrow) so I am smoking some 48hr-dry-brined meat:
        ~3 lb chuck roast with BBBR 2.0
        ~2.5lbs beef short ribs with BBBR 2.0
        ~6lbs pork butts with HRR.

All together on the 26" kettle with the SnS XL, and Kentucky hickory chunks courtesy of my pal DWCowles. Shooting for a cook temp of about 240-245.

I planned to start the butts and chucky at 5am so we could have a somewhat early dinner around 5-6ish after cambro time. I also planned to put the short ribs on at 12 noon or so, since they only need maybe 5-6hrs total. Like a dummy I put them on with the rest at 5am. 20 minutes later after I realized this (and silently said a few choice words to myself, about myself) I removed them, let them cool to room temp and put them back in the fridge. Boy they sure smelled good! We'll see how a 20minute pre-smoke & re-chill affects these guys.

Here's an update with pics, although as per usual I'm not thrilled with the picture quality:

Name:	IMAG0786.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	229871

Name:	IMAG0787.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	295.7 KB
ID:	229872

Pulled beef:

Name:	pulledbeef10-12-16.PNG
Views:	192
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	229873

Pulled pork:

Name:	pulledpork10-12-16.PNG
Views:	156
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	229874

Comment

• smokinfatties
          smokinfatties commented
          Editing a comment
          did you trim the fat off the top of those shorties?

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          smokinfatties thank you! And yes I did

• Baker Dan
          Baker Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          Love how all this turned out.

Bacon!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Lfg!

Stole this pic off the wife's FB. Plating skills all hers.

Name:	soupnchuckdin.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	229711
        Butternut squash soup with a scoop of curry lentils, last of the chuck roast sliced cold. Chuck done SV, chilled, finished with Mrs O'Leary rub on kettle.

Name:	IMG_20161007_201333943.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	229712
        Fresh out of the kettle. Couldn't keep slices on the plate

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks delicious!

Good Morning everybody!
        Just a little Gas House 🍳 in the Finex for the morning get up and go. My Dad used to make them for us all the time when we were kids. I still make them on a regular basis. Plus its a great way to get the seasoning rolling on a new pan! I am not sure why my Dad called them Gas-House Eggs but, that's what we call'em. It's still my favorite breakfast.

Name:	IMG_1319.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	229870

Comment

• smokinfatties
          smokinfatties commented
          Editing a comment
          yes sir! cut a hole in some bread, butter both sides, toast one side then crack an egg in there when you flip to toast the other side! Super easy, throw a couple slices of bacon on there and youre away laughing! Also great with thicker Texas toast or french toast with bacon and syrup

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          Dear Old Mom used to make those things (not very well) all the time when I was little. Called them "Spit in the Eyes" ... very appetizing.

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Toad in the Hole!

Just some Good eats Click image for larger version

Name:	20150926_135506.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	229931Click image for larger version

Name:	20150926_125304.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	262.0 KB
ID:	229932

Comment

• smokinfatties
          smokinfatties commented
          Editing a comment
          beautiful Dan!

• Baker Dan
          Baker Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          1st place chicken and 2nd place ribs

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! Looks delicious.

Originally posted by Baker Dan View Post
        Just some Good eats Click image for larger version

Name:	20150926_135506.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	229931Click image for larger version

Name:	20150926_125304.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	262.0 KB
ID:	229932
        winner, winner, chicken dinner.👍
        Attached Files

Comment

Cheddar cheese & brisket sub from FireHouse Subs. Pretty dang tasty... Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	229952

Comment

Did a BBQ Pit Boy's recipe on grilled stuff peppers (without the rice) tonight and they were pretty dang good. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0005.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	230049Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0003.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	230048

Comment

loadpin
              What do you guys call them. I always hear a different name

smokinfatties
              I was just saying thinking that this morning, that its best with TX toast!!
              Huskee

​​​​​​​It's a fun way to get the kids in the kitchen. Me and my three brothers would to sit around our center island in the kitchen. My Dad would butter (not margarine!!) one side of the bread, then let us fold it over and take a bite. I always loved that part! Then you take the bread and throw it into a med-hot skillet. (Cast Iron is the best for this) Place the bread in the skillet, plop a tiny bit of butter or bacon grease into the center and then crack the egg on top. Add pepper, corse sea salt or All-Seasoning. Then, gently flip the GHE over, without breaking the yolk, cook until its toasted to your liking.

I make two them and stack them on the plate and puncture the yolks.

I usually use my Lodge 12" because you can cook at least two at a time; it's non-sick and holds the heat. But I am breaking in this new Finex pan. And its great to cook with it.
              Last edited by Spinaker; October 14, 2016, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm digging it, never really heard of or thought of this.

• Dewesq55
                Dewesq55 commented
                Editing a comment
                Toad in the Hole.

BACON!!! 'nuff said.

It's very good, but not salty enough for me and a bit too sweet. Any suggestions?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20161014_134235-01.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	446.7 KB ID:	230229
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Dewesq55; October 14, 2016, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• smokinfatties
                smokinfatties commented
                Editing a comment
                Suggestions? Yeah send it my way. Looks perfect to me, BACON!!!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here