Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July 2015 - June 2016 Gold Medal Giveaway Winners!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ribeyeguy View Post
    You know, I don't have a problem with a non-member or a non-posting member winning, those are just the odds and they're decidedly stacked against the active members. Just once though It'd be nice to see one of the winners post some pics of the delivery, set up or the initial cook. To the best of my knowledge that has never happened. I realize that some people aren't into the forum thing but just a picture or two? Doesn't seem like too much to ask.

I'm with ya. I've asked pretty much all of the winners to check back in with us to let us know how things are going, and to do it with pics. Some folks just aren't into forums. Plain and simple.

Comment

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      I promise that if I win, you will be flooded with pictures and commentary!!! :-)

ribeyeguy It'll happen. Someone eventually will post so much about their new toy that we'll think they're just bragging & rubbing it in!

Comment

It's like people who don't like Junior Mints, you can't believe it, but they do exist.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Love Junior Mints!!!

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
      It's like people who don't like Junior Mints, you can't believe it, but they do exist.
      Sometimes I wonder about you Jerod.... But, they're VERY refreshing!

[Something staved off that infection...something, perhaps from above...]
      Last edited by Huskee; February 29, 2016, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        I then George bought that painting, down went that investment.

No, Junior Mints are universally loved. They're kind of like the Girl Scouts Peanut Butter Patties, I've never met a single person who can't eat an entire box of them in a single sitting.

Comment

• Willy
        Willy commented
        Editing a comment
        We've never met, but here I am. LOL

Love Jr. Mints and tolerate (only for the charity aspect) GS Thin Mints and Samoas. Not a fan of the PB cookies.

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        Briefly nuke the samoas. #softerandgooier.

Not a fan of the junior mints, but I do enjoy the girl scout cookies. Makes it hard when I go to the grocery/farmers market daily for my job (sometimes twice a day) during the season.

Comment

Alright guys... checking in.

The smoker arrived last week sometime but I'm still trying to find the time to set it up I've been busy for the last few weeks helping a friend get her track day company off the ground before spring starts. It has consumed 100% of my free time. It's kills me to walk by it everyday knowing I need to set it up so I can do my first cook on it. I've been struggling with having this awesome piece of steel sitting there not doing anything with it yet.

(--Redacted previous content)

So... at your request, here is the first (boring) pic of the smoker. More to follow this weekend (finally)!
        Last edited by drgrind; March 6, 2016, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Great post.

• ribeyeguy
          ribeyeguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks drgrind! Looking forward to seeing you unbox that gem!

• burntofferings
          burntofferings commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations! I joined too as you noted because I used the free site. I can throw down with the best in my neighborhood but no desire to do contests. Thanks to everyone for the info I've used and abused I'm sure and I'm glad to be a part of it!!

You wrote a very nice post, drgrind . Life gets in the way of the best BBQ intentions--we've all been there. When you get the chance to unpack and play with your new toy, you'll be a happy guy indeed, and I join others here in being happy for you.

Kathryn

Comment

Thanks for the update, drgrind!

If the prizes were handed out based on participation, there's be people posting nonsense all the time just to increase their chances of winning.

Folks gotta remember: the contest is a function of Amazing Ribs. The benefit of The Pitmaster Club is automatic entry each month.

Comment

Sorry if my post came off implying any hard feelings... it was meant as a joke based on the past few pages of this thread. I figured that one was safer than publicly asking Pit Boss what kind of bribes he would accept.

Comment

Originally posted by lemayp View Post
              Sorry if my post came off implying any hard feelings... it was meant as a joke based on the past few pages of this thread. I figured that one was safer than publicly asking Pit Boss what kind of bribes he would accept.
              Hahaha!!! I understand lemayp

No worries, I wasn't offended by your post (or anyone else's).

(--Redacted previous content)

With that said... I can't wait to cook me some pork butt and brisket!!!

More updates to come...
              Last edited by drgrind; March 6, 2016, 10:31 PM.

Comment

drgrind Nice post! Great to hear your perspective! I agree, many folks are readers and don't have to post to be active.

We have 10,700+ members, and of that vBulletin lists 1,800+ as "active". Does active mean posting? Or does active mean simply logging in weekly, monthly? Who cares. Basically 17 out of 100 members are "active", meaning 83 out of 100 are not active. And that's just Club members. Non Club members can enter too. The odds of an active member winning are obviously much slimmer.

Like had been mentioned, ALL paying members support Amazing Ribs, not just the active ones. Plus the contest is open to non-Pitmaster Club members (has to be, legally) who feel like sending in a entry, so we factor that in too.

Thanks for updating us, drgrind!

Comment

Thanks for that info Huskee. I had no idea you had that many members, that's awesome!
                  Last edited by drgrind; March 6, 2016, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Congatz and enjoy your smoker. Make sure you let everyone know how the first cook turns out!!!!!

Comment

Congrats drgrind

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here