Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July 2015 - June 2016 Gold Medal Giveaway Winners!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mackdaddy View Post
    Congrats Grumpy. Expect some pics of that Kobe brisket.
    Yes! We love pics!

Comment

Maybe it's just me but does anyone else find it kind of disappointing that the three winners announced in this thread have a combined total of three posts, all just to announce their prize picks? I mean, not even a picture or a mention of their first cook? I don't know, just seems kind of inconsiderate to me.

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        I dunno. Some people here are really sociable, others are more solitary. I'd love to see more involvement from more people. So, I've noticed what you said, but I keep thinking that there's another month coming right ahead, and maybe this time it will be ME.

Anyhow, the odds favor it being someone who doesn't post. They outnumber regular posters by a huge margin.

Well Ribeye if I win I'll make up for them. Hehehehe.

Comment

I know for a fact I will never ever ever win. How you like them odds with my post count?

I appreciate the support paying members provide for the Pit and the website overall, and the great guys and gals that post frequently, just icing on the cake.

Comment

Believe me, so will I. I'd post so much junk that people will be calling for me to be banned.

Comment

Yep. The beauty of The Pit is members can post as much or as little as they want. There's something for everyone. One of these days an active members will get the gold and it will be lotsa fun to see them post bragging pics.

Comment

If you want to fast track that, you have my information. I promise to post pics within 24 hours of delivery!

Comment

LOL!! ribeyeguy I've been wondering the same, just didn't want to come off some kind of way.

Comment

All I can say is it's my birthday on October, I don't post much, and I just jinxed myself, 'eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest View Post
                    LOL!! ribeyeguy I've been wondering the same, just didn't want to come off some kind of way.
                    I was worried about that too because I didn't want to come off that way, to each his own I guess. Just know that if I ever win it I'll probably need a forum all to myself. There'll be pictures of the delivery guy driving down my road, unloading it off the truck, the assembly, the first cook and every subsequent cook for years on end. Like I said yesterday, people will be so sick of me that they'll probably want to see me banned from the site.

Comment

• smarkley
                      smarkley commented
                      Editing a comment
                      heh heh... doubtful! We would be cheering you on!

• Jerod Broussard
                      Jerod Broussard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We love to live vicariously.

Ok, since the give away is now posted here is there a set date of the drawings? I understand that I should be in The Pit every day for all the great info, there are times when I can't quite make it. But I'd like to know when I'm sure I have to check to make sure if I'm lucky enough to be picked that I don't miss my window. I've noticed that since the announcement of the winners being posted in this thread there hasn't been an announcement on a set day of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by Jlock View Post
                      Ok, since the give away is now posted here is there a set date of the drawings? I understand that I should be in The Pit every day for all the great info, there are times when I can't quite make it. But I'd like to know when I'm sure I have to check to make sure if I'm lucky enough to be picked that I don't miss my window. I've noticed that since the announcement of the winners being posted in this thread there hasn't been an announcement on a set day of the month.

There's no set date, but I usually get the winner around the 10th of each month. We send all winners email notification in addition to the notification we provide here. We love seeing you in The Pit, but you don't have to stop by just to find out if you're a winner.

Comment

Love this site...based on the results of my past grill experiences, its has made a true pit apprentice out of me and I'm loving it! I've done several racks, two butt, several roasts, hamburgers and hot dogs. My question of the days is: should thick pork chops be cooked on indirect heat and then seared or cooked over direct coals. Oh, by the way I'm cooking on a green egg knockoff; the Vision; and I am really happy with the results from the unit. It holds the low temp well for over ten hours without needing to add coals. I bought it based on this sites review and the deep discount over the Green Egg.

Comment

• jholmgren
                          jholmgren commented
                          Editing a comment
                          In my opinion, any thicker slab of protein should be reverse seared.

BTW - I have the Kamado Joe, love the Kamado cookers. Check out the Kamado Joe YouTube channel, some really good recipes for the Kamado.

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post

... you don't have to stop by just to find out if you're a winner.
                        but every time you do stop in you are! ; )

Comment

I don't think winners should have to post. But it would be nice if they did post pictures of cooks and how the smoker operated. That way everyone would learn a little more info on what is out there and the results they produce. Would be a great supplement to the reviews in the review section. For example, I have learned more about the KBQ from Earnests posts and pictures than all the reviews and youtube videos out there.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here