Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Bones has died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Bones has died

FRIDAY 2/25/2022
    I am sooooo sad. I just got a message from Jesse Morris, son of our friend Mr. Bones, a.k.a. Terrance Morris. Bonesy passed away unexpectedly Tuesday 2/22/2022, the day after his 60th birthday. Bones was a Navy Seabee, he served in Desert Storm, and then he worked for University of Kansas building maintenance as an electrician. As he liked to say "I play with lightening."

Jesse said "My dad loved y'all, and loved this site, I'm very grateful he had friends like you guys to talk with and make his life more cheerful and pleasant."

I think I can say that he was the life of our party, a guiding light, a voice of reason, a humorist, and a man with uncommon common wisdom, and he will be missed greatly.

We need to do something in his honor.

SheilaAnn posted a link to a thread that he started on 2/21/2022 to celebrate his "60th Oxygen Breathin Lap of Ol Sol" the day before he died https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ow#post1178355

Here is his YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAG...RFF8-7cZQogJ9Q

Polarbear777 reminded me of Greg Rempe's interview with Bones in June 2017. The interview begins at about 10:35 in.
    https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...iew#post336350

Jesse sent me some photos, below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_1645716802376.jpg Views:	4 Size:	29.9 KB ID:	1180675 Click image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_1645716794964.jpg Views:	8 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	1180674 Click image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_1463330257730.jpg Views:	4 Size:	72.5 KB ID:	1180676 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220224-114607_Contacts.jpg Views:	4 Size:	449.5 KB ID:	1180677 Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20200530_182646.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	1180678

Here he is singin and strummin

Last edited by Meathead; February 28, 2022, 10:58 AM.

What a shocking and tragic loss to so many, our pit master community and his community alike. I had a quite a few conversations with him through private message, I’m better, and our country is better for Mr. Bones being part of it! I’m at loss right now.
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; February 25, 2022, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      They say people will remember you by the way they make you feel. Bonesy will never be forgotten.

‘Water is for boiling, not for cooking”…

OMG!!!! I am crying like a baby right now…… We had so many private conversations, he was a true friend.

😭😭😭

Comment

Stunned. A fellow veteran and a great loss to all of us! I am privileged to have been considered a friend.

Comment

He was an awesome dude,,,,,,
      will miss his humor and down home vernacular,,,,
      RIP Brother

Comment

I don't even know what to say, no words.

Comment

I just spoke to to Jesse on the phone and he will be sending us info about Bonesy and his life and some pix. One thing to share: He served in Desert Storm and struggled with PTSD and we, apparently were his medicine. You won't be surprised to know that Jesse says he was a great Dad. More to come.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
            Richard Chrz commented
            Editing a comment
            From what I remember him telling me, I believe even special forces.

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            One new years eve we were yakking back and forth and he posted a pic of himself in full garb about to go out on a mission in Viet Nam, it was one of the most poignant images of a man I remember ever seeing.

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            Please note in my above comment that Mr. Bones was not a Viet Nam vet as I indicated here.
            I am wrong in this assumption, he was a vet of Desert Storm and Afghanistan as I understand his service.
            Sorry for the misinformation.

Wow. That's literally all I've got. He will definitely be missed around here. RIP, brother.

Comment

Wow! That is the last thing I expected to see tonight. His wit and knowledge will truly be missed. I will pray for his family in this time of grief

Comment

I am speechless and terribly heartbroken. I can't imagine loving someone I have never met more than I loved that man. Rest easy, brother, we'll hold the line from here. Dammitt!

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                😢😢😢

• texastweeter
                texastweeter commented
                Editing a comment
                Words i cold not think of to utter there brother.

We pray that Mr. Bones is in a better place. His reassuring presence will be sorely missed.

Comment

Oh no! That is terrible news. Bonsey was the best for making people feel welcome. He will be greatly missed.

Comment

I don’t know what to think or say other than this place will never be the same. RIP brother Bones, you are a hero.

Comment

I just went and watched his YouTube station. I’m so glad he recorded a few songs!

Comment

Oh my. I'm rarely speechless, but this news has done it. My thoughts and sympathy go out to his family.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here