Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us Your Leftovers (before and after)!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken, brown rice and collards.🔥🔥🔥🐿❤️
    Attached Files

Comment

• JuergenQ
      JuergenQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks gorgeous

• Clawbear57
      Clawbear57 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a plate I would take home to mama. You go girl.

• MsTwiggy
      MsTwiggy commented
      Editing a comment
      Clawbear57 thats high praise, you're making me blush☺️🤭
      Last edited by MsTwiggy; August 27, 2022, 09:59 PM.

Second portion of leftovers from my Staycation brisket -- 1.5lb/680g of flat. As before, heated it up sous vide in its vac seal bag to 165F/74C. For tonight's dinner, had some bbq sammiches on burger buns I slathered with butter before griddling up in a 500F/260C CI skillet. My plan going in was to chop it all up, but it was still so tender when I started slicing I called an audible and just went with great big ol' chunks. The remainder I did chop up, and it's destined for a mess o'beans I'll be rustling up tomorrow while I smoke up some baby backs & a pigsket.

The flat was tender, juicy, and smoky, I'm sure if someone just served this to me I'd never know it wasn't right after the rest on the day of. Couldn't be happier.

I already posted the "before", so here's the after:

After sous vide:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220826_181918.jpg Views:	0 Size:	920.3 KB ID:	1281846
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220826_182031.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.35 MB ID:	1281847
    Ready, steady, go!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220826_182225.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.70 MB ID:	1281850
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220826_182511.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.92 MB ID:	1281849
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220826_182621.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.77 MB ID:	1281848
    Last edited by DaveD; August 26, 2022, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• MsTwiggy
      MsTwiggy commented
      Editing a comment
      Well done sir!!! 🔥🔥🔥❤️🐿

• Allon
      Allon commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks really delicious. That’s one big bottle of bbq sauce…

• DaveD
      DaveD commented
      Editing a comment
      Allon Yep, we get 'em half a dozen at a time... some folks have wine bottles in their built-in shelves, we have bottles of Rudy's Sause

Pre-vacation departure leftovers brunch.

Not pictured: the 3 beers I didn’t want to "go bad" while we are gone
    Attached Files

Comment

• MsTwiggy
      MsTwiggy commented
      Editing a comment
      Or worse "lonely"

Leftover flap meat sammie.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ABCF6D64-7BE2-4328-ACDD-591F30C94F6C.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	1282497
    Attached Files

Comment

• MsTwiggy
      MsTwiggy commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang, this is over the top!!! 💯💯💯

You can never let beer or bbq go to waste….

Comment

The chicken keeps giving! Chicken salad!! 🔥🔥🔥❤️🐿
      Attached Files

Comment

• MsTwiggy
        MsTwiggy commented
        Editing a comment
        HotSun that's pepper from a pepper mill. If you are interested to see more about it I put some info on my chuck rib weekend thread post 22.

• HotSun
        HotSun commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks MsTwiggy. I'm color blind, so it doesn't look like pepper to me, haha.

• MsTwiggy
        MsTwiggy commented
        Editing a comment
        HotSun it's long pepper which is not black, it's a lighter tan color.

Grilled pork chops last night with some maple and mesquite smoke and Jamaican style adobo, my best effort ever. Last night I dreamt about my lunch today, I'm not kidding. Here is a link to my original SUWYC post: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...82#post1282682

(I finally figured out that my 'before' picture was supposed to be the original cook, haha)

Before, from yesterday:

Name:	IMG_20220827_184001836.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	1283152

After:

Name:	IMG_20220828_122715138~2.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	1283151

I microwaved the chop on reheat mode, cut the bone from the chop, baked a take-and-bake ciabatta roll from Aldi in the air fryer for a few minutes. Mopped up some of the pork chop juice with the top of the bun. I resisted the temptation to put anything on the sandwich and I was rewarded. Still juicy, incredible taste, and everything I expected. Oh, and it was the first pork chop sandwich I've ever made or eaten.

Watermelon, salad with blue cheese and bacon, and some sugar-free cherry 7-up (we make our own). You will notice the pork chop bone under the bun. I was too full from lunch to clean the bone, so I'll gnaw on that when I get hungry.

I have the habit of making some incredible food and never being able to replicate it. I had zero expectations for these chops. They were sloppy out of the package, though they were fresh. I hope I can do this again and again, because it is an excellent grill.

Comment

• Allon
        Allon commented
        Editing a comment
        It looks absolutely amazing! Nice plate too...

• HotSun
        HotSun commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Allon, very proud of this.

• hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful job. I overlooked the comma after "watermelon," and I'm glad I did because a watermelon salad with blue cheese and bacon actually sounds fantastic.

Today we had a turkey breast sandwich, sourdough bread with tomato pieces, lettuce & tomato. 2 various mayonaise, 1 more classic, the others more 1000 islands. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220830_191643.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	1284559 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220830_191435.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	1284560

Comment

• HotSun
        HotSun commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, that looks sooo good! The bread is just gorgeous.

• Allon
        Allon commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice looking sandwich. I bet it's good tasting too.

Wasn't sure if this should go in SUWYC or leftovers, since this sits kinda in the middle. But here we are. Exactly one month ago, I smoked this pork butt with cherry and my own pork rub. I make some foods to freeze or put by, since I'm a busy guy who still needs to feed his family good food. I froze a bunch of this (I did another butt the next day) for a quick dinner, which I needed to throw together.

Before:
      About halfway through the cook:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220730_142440877~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	939.9 KB ID:	1284757

At about 10:30pm, after resting for a little bit and pulled for a late dinner sandwich:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220730_222549464~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	991.9 KB ID:	1284758
      (there is meat under that fat, I promise)

After:
      Today, I popped an Aldi crab cake (I wanted to try it) in the air fryer. Warmed the thawed shredded pork in the microwave, toasted some Aldi ciabatta rolls, sprinkled some ACV and a little Carolina sauce on there, and boom! Dinner. Had some fresh veggies and fruit on the side.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220830_180004106~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	896.3 KB ID:	1284756

I practically phoned this dinner in, which is why it is in the leftovers section, but it was all good. I'm sure people are wondering why I am getting frozen Aldi crab cakes when I live in Delaware, spitting distance to Maryland and where we have crab cakes galore. I have no idea, either. Though to be straight, I'm not a huge crab cake aficionado. Maybe I should be.
      Last edited by HotSun; August 30, 2022, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Allon
        Allon commented
        Editing a comment
        Now that's BBQ...

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        So......................how was the crab cake?

• HotSun
        HotSun commented
        Editing a comment
        HawkerXP, well, I'm not the best person to ask about crab cakes, but my DW and I both liked them, very tasty. Lots of crab, not a lot of filler, which I'm told is a good thing. I think I need to check out some of our local crab cakes to compare. I have a friend who retired to become a crabber, so he might be mortified to see me eating frozen crabcakes.

Probably every meal for me the next 3 days
      Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks really good!
        Last edited by Panhead John; August 31, 2022, 08:49 AM.

• hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        Lucky you!

Name:	549950A2-DC1D-4CAF-ACC3-7C30E8958941.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	1285695 We had about a chicken and a half, a ton of green sauce, corn salad and tomatoes leftover from the weekend. Just added a couple pounds of pasta and blammo - a new meal.

Name:	1654E1FE-AC52-407D-B4C2-9757F4434D67.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	1285694 Click image for larger version

Name:	14840653-FD72-423B-8137-F03CBC10C94A.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	1285693

Comment

• HotSun
        HotSun commented
        Editing a comment
        Gorgeous presentation. The salad looks amazing, JCBBQ.

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks HotSun

• Allon
        Allon commented
        Editing a comment
        I concur with HotSun!

Last weekend's porktacular was a pigsket and rack of spares. We had mostly the latter on the day with just a couple of slices of the pigsket, and had the lion's share tonight. I vac-sealed it right away, and then heated it up in the sous vide to 160F/71C. Simple plate with steamed broccoli and a baked tater.

The pigsket is freakin delicious. So tender, very juicy, and a distinctive flavor. The texture is like the perfect tug-off-the-bone spare rib, except there's a big hunk of it. Yeah, they're spendy, but I'm willing to splurge from time to time for this.

BTW this is the third one of these I've done, and although it takes quite a while to cook at 225F/107C, I think it's worth doing so that it'll have a couple hours in stall mode. Then start probing for tenderness no hotter than 175F/80C, and when it feels right, pull it, no matter what the temp is. I haven't taken one above 192F/89C yet...

Pigsket deliverable on the day:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20220827_182516.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.78 MB ID:	1286124
      The couple slices that night with the ribs:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20220827_183225.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.77 MB ID:	1286125
      Tonight's plate:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20220901_184214.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.66 MB ID:	1286123
      Last edited by DaveD; September 1, 2022, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Allon
        Allon commented
        Editing a comment
        Everything looks spot on... Plate and all!

Do you overnight ship?

How it started

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3952.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.79 MB ID:	1286970

How it's going

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3958.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.00 MB ID:	1286969 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3959.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.78 MB ID:	1286968

Comment

• MsTwiggy
        MsTwiggy commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks incredible 😋🔥🔥🔥❤️🐿

• JuergenQ
        JuergenQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Yummy

For lunch, just snacking on one rib from the crown pork roast from last night.

Name:	493E90CD-F5FC-47C0-B307-620806952665.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1288025

Comment

• MsTwiggy
        MsTwiggy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yum!!!

• Allon
        Allon commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks delicious! I’m thawing some baby backs. I bought Meatheads pork brine. I’m not sure if you know what a Slim Jim is (beef stick snack) but the rub\brine smells just like a Slim Jim.

Last of the poor man's burnt ends. Over brown rice and some Sriracha to heat it up bit. Nice.

Name:	20220905_190355.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	1289326

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here