Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us Your Leftovers (before and after)!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leftover Tuesday. Pulled some STL. ribs out of the freezer, 3. Had some fun with it. Heated up in the toaster oven. Last 3 minutes painted 1 each. Sriracha, Stubbs and Meathead's KC. As your might imagine the Sriracha stood out. All good. Oh, lunch I had the last of the Pork Country Ribs with Meathead's Sauce and Dortios, no pictures so must have been a dream.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220816_190507.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	1276239 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220816_190652.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	1276240 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220816_193320.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1276241

Comment

• Allon
      Allon commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good RichieB!

• HotSun
      HotSun commented
      Editing a comment
      Good looking leftovers RichieB. Great idea using three different sauces.

As it so often does at my place, extra ham from last night becomes pork fried rice today.

Name:	20220816_195347~2.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	1276938

Name:	20220817_192043.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	1276936

Name:	20220817_192623.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	1276939

Name:	20220817_193506.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	1276937

Comment

• Clawbear57
      Clawbear57 commented
      Editing a comment
      That ham looks delicious, I can almost taste it.pic-a-rama please.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Clawbear57 My sister raises pigs and that's where I got the ham. Her pork is really good. I used Meathead 's twice smoked ham recipe and technique.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks great, and similar to what I do. Try adding some crumbled bacon next time. That will take it over the top.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1BC24CF5-AF73-4971-ACDC-6E017D09B10D.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.25 MB ID:	1277617 Click image for larger version  Name:	E6305B7E-8AF1-4EA4-A35E-FF9CCC51E125.jpg Views:	0 Size:	771.7 KB ID:	1277616

Peruvian green sauce and chicken makes excellent pasta sauce. Just added sour cream and a splash of pasta water to buttered pasta. Legit.
    Last edited by JCBBQ; August 19, 2022, 05:04 AM.

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      HotSun for the chicken I use STCG's recipe and combine it with Kenji's green sauce recipe. Check it out cause it's SO good. https://www.thecookingguy.com/cookbo...en?rq=peruvian

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      HotSun yep I used the serious eats recipe for both the chicken and the green sauce. Both are great.

• HotSun
      HotSun commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, all, lots of new recipes to try!

I was inspired by Attjack 's leftovers the other day (fried rice), so today I took my homemade Brazilian linguica and made a quick and dirty (and delicious) fried rice. I don't have a before picture (somehow I lost the pics when I first grilled the linguica last weekend), but here is after:

Name:	IMG_20220819_124536139.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	1277902

I was super busy (or lazy) at lunchtime, so I did not add any veggies. I just took an egg, sesame oil, chili oil (Asian), chopped linguica, leftover white rice, and some onion powder.

Pretty good results, and took me all of five minutes. Wolfed it down with some of the Peruvian aji I made earlier this week, then back to work.

I am really lazy (or busy) though, as I have scallions and carrots in the fridge.

Comment

That's an interesting Aji I always make it with cilantro instead of lettuce.

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      HotSun did you know that there's a genetic variant that determines how cilantro will taste in your mouth. For some people, it tastes like soap. My mom is one of those people.

• HotSun
      HotSun commented
      Editing a comment
      hoovarmin, I did not know that and thanks for sharing. Somehow dried cilantro does not have the same effect on me, so I keep that in my pantry (I mean, it's coriander at the point I think). I just had some to taste and no problem. I'm wondering if the thing that causes it is a volatile that disappears when the herb is dried. I'll have to toss some fresh cilantro in my dryer and see what happens.

• Allon
      Allon commented
      Editing a comment
      When I was young I was allergic to raw tomatoes. I would break out in hives. But only raw ones, anything cooked and I wouldn't get hives.
      I can eat raw ones now

From pig butt to pig butt with pinto's and basmati. And some El Yucateco Habanero hot sauce! 🔥🔥🔥❤️🐿
    Attached Files

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm all over that with my elbows poked out on both sides of the plate like I'm eating in prison.

• Clawbear57
      Clawbear57 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotta love that butt!!!

• HotSun
      HotSun commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good MsTwiggy! El Yucateco is a favorite of ours.

El Yucateco

Comment

After doing my first brisket during my Staycation, had about 1.5lb/675g left each of the point and flat. For our Friday night dinner tonight, heated up the vac-sealed leftover point in the sous vide at 140F/60C, made yet another batch of those killer Jess Pryles roasted potatoes, and steamed some purple-tinged broccoli we got from our CSA farmshare this week. Yum!! The brisket was exactly like it was on the day, so good. And those taters are to die for. Par boil for 10 min to produce a soft outer layer, toss in a metal colander to rough up the surfaces, roast in olive oil with or without a dollop of some beef tallow if it's handy. 425F/215C for 45 min (I use a foil-lined pyrex baking dish), turning halfway through. *chef's kiss*

Before:

Name:	20220808_181002.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	1278057

Name:	20220808_181041.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1278056

Leftover plate:

Name:	20220819_183146.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	1278055

...which was not all that different from the original plate...!

Name:	20220808_181437.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	1278058

Comment

• MsTwiggy
        MsTwiggy commented
        Editing a comment
        You like a thick slice there, caveman!! 🔥🔥🔥♥️🐿

• DaveD
        DaveD commented
        Editing a comment
        That bottom one was pure newbness - I had never sliced a brisket before and I clearly botched a couple of places!

• MsTwiggy
        MsTwiggy commented
        Editing a comment
        DaveD It looked good enough to eat in a thicker slice. I'm sure it was delicious that way. It was meant in jest. 😁

Leeza made garlic chicken legs two nights ago and last night we had beans and rice with our tacos. Used the leftover rice, chicken legs, onion from the taco fixings, to make a quick fried rice with egg, red pepper, carrots leftover from last night's crudite, and peas to make stir fried rice. Guess I didn't season my wok as well as I thought cause I have a real mess to clean/scrape off now.

Name:	IMG_3867.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	1278360 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3869.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	1278362 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3870.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	1278361

Comment

• Jim White
        Jim White commented
        Editing a comment
        Yum. Looks great. And just keep cooking on the wok. It will get there.

• Clawbear57
        Clawbear57 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great use of leftovers. I need to be a better steward of mine.

• hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        Clawbear57 this thread is making me a better steward of mine

Country style ribs... Click image for larger version

Name:	20220819_170211.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1278753
      turned into hash with brown butter over medium eggs...

Name:	20220821_080105.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1278754

Comment

• MsTwiggy
        MsTwiggy commented
        Editing a comment
        How about that?! Looks great!! 🔥🔥🔥❤️🐿

Another steak salad and some grilled corn. This was the Creekstone Tri-Tip.
      Attached Files

Comment

• HotSun
        HotSun commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, looks delicious (both before and after) MsTwiggy.

I don't have before pics, since I did not take pictures from Friday's grilling session, but here are some of the leftovers from last week for lunch today:
      • Aji sauce (from the Peruvian chicken episode) over cucumbers, still good 5 days later, though very 'wet' due to the iceberg lettuce and cukes
      • Chicken fried rice from a local Chinese joint, it was okay, not great
      • Gaspar's Hot Chourico (spicy Portuguese-style linguica/sausage), from Friday night's grilling session

Name:	IMG_20220822_124024859~2.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	1279479

My DW got the T-bone for lunch, so I figured I would work on this. I bought a case of linguica and chourico a couple weeks ago directly from Gaspar's to compare and contrast with my homemade Brazilian style linguica. This is an all-pork sausage, whereas Brazilian sausages generally have beef and pork. Gaspar's also uses dried milk, which is used to bind water and improve taste in low-fat sausages, according to my book of sausages. It was good Friday and again today as leftovers.

Gaspar's for the win!

Comment

Used left over pulled wild hog shoulder to make carnitas with avocado, cilantro, pickled red onions, and peach habanero sauce.
        Attached Files

Comment

• hoovarmin
          hoovarmin commented
          Editing a comment
          You're still living your best life now. Hope you family knows how good they have it!

Left over St. Louis ribs (cut them up to reheat) and some S. Click image for larger version

Name:	20220826_120416.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	1281650 Carolina mustard sauce I made a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdy View Post
          Left over St. Louis ribs (cut them up to reheat) and some S. Click image for larger version

Name:	20220826_120416.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	1281650 Carolina mustard sauce I made a while ago.
          Looks delicious

Comment

• JuergenQ
            JuergenQ commented
            Editing a comment
            I can imagine it before. Delicious

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here