Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 20, Winter 2020/2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork udon with onion, broccoli, cauliflower, and bell pepper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resizer_16142219756600.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	994925

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      RustyHaines I just get it from the market. I have a store 2 blocks away that always has Udon and Yakisoba noodles. I just throw away their sauce and use the noodles.

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      wow

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      Very Nice!

Leftover carnitas turned into nachos! And per glitchy (I think) recommendation, pics are in "layers". Tortilla chips, carnitas, shredded lettuce, homemade Pico, cortina cheese. Made guacamole, too.

Name:	D2592048-2E1D-47B4-9082-44EFC48516E7.jpeg
Views:	301
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	994933

Name:	D72CD52B-6DA4-4B4A-BF90-309279D64B1B.jpeg
Views:	276
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	994934

Name:	C5548E54-853D-49D1-8213-6B2A024B4D8A.jpeg
Views:	284
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	994935

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Gawd yes! I love "Cortina" cheese too. 😃

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      damn

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      HouseHomey dang auto correct. Cotija cheese! But you knew that!

Quick dinner tonight. Grilled swordfish with some of last summer's salsa from the freezer. Served with some of the risotto from a couple of nights ago and snap peas.

Name:	PXL_20210225_030451090.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	994991

Name:	PXL_20210225_031434554.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	994992

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s a mighty piece of fish.

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      HouseHomey - remember, we have small plates.....

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I've only eaten swordfish once.. and that was in Cyprus, Aya Napa , august 1987..
      Yours looks excellent theroc

One of my husband’s favorites; steaks bites (thinly sliced round steak dredged in flour and seasoned with SPG then fried), baked potato, and a side salad not pictured. Cherry cheesecake cups for dessert.
    Attached Files

Comment

• tamidw
      tamidw commented
      Editing a comment
      klflowers Haha!

It's a nice quick meal. Everyone in the family takes what they want, then my husband takes the rest which tends to give him almost a whole plate of steak bites. Our son is starting to take more though.

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      That cheesecake stopped me in my tracks!!!!

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      barelfly You’re not alone, I keep looking at it again and again.

Last night's carne asada.

Name:	0224212226b-01.jpeg
Views:	279
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	995054

Name:	0224212226a-01.jpeg
Views:	268
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	995055

Name:	0224212205a.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	995056

Comment

• PNWsmoke
      PNWsmoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Those grillgrates are the best thing!

Tri-tip steak attempting to imitate filet mignon. This was attempt number 1 of my experiment to get filet tender with the beefiness of Tri-tip.

SV @ 131F for 5 hours (from frozen). 30 minute rest then seared off in cast iron pan with grape seed oil.

It was darn tasty and definitely tender...but not filet tender. Next time I’m going to go for 7 hours (from frozen).

Name:	423152A0-4484-4DE5-A605-1F967E42972C.jpeg
Views:	294
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	995117

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      JakeT I saw the pic first and thought, "that’s a sweet looking filet"
      Then I read your words.....impersonator indeed 🤣

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      This was interesting..
      Looks great!

Name:	E81237AB-FD07-4165-8451-6D68B201F47C.jpeg
Views:	269
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	995375 Costco had whole eye of round in a vacuum pack for cheap. Sold as choice, but the vacuum pack indicated prime. So, surprisingly for the cut, there was a non-zero amount of intramuscular fat.

SV 24h@130F.
    Seared on the Akorn Jr.
    Served with agrodolce cauliflower and broiled asparagus.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome! This looks fantastic.

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent! Welcome! This cook reminds me I have round vacuum sealed and needs to be cooked....

• gboss
      gboss commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, everyone!

Last night's Beef Broccoli Stir Fry. Wok burner came today. I see some more stir fry's in my future.

Name:	IMG_0644.jpeg
Views:	251
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	995393

Comment

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      What burner did you get?

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      ofelles Kenji recommended this one Powerflamer 160EI from Outdoorstirfry.com

Had a hankering for a couple niceT-bones. Seasoned them up then vacuum sealed them for a couple days. Proceeded to do damage control on the grill at around 700 degrees. At the same time, threw together a skillet potato, onion, and cheese bake. Everything was floating on a layer of ghee. Pulled the steaks at 135 and topped with blue cheese. Sorry, didn't take a picture of the plating. Much to hungry to stop and shoot. Thanks all!
    Attached Files

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Love bleu cheese on steaks!

Stir fry with the wok tonight. My wife took the food picture this time, she's a much better photographer than I am haha
    Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s for sure. 😂

• BradNorthGA
      BradNorthGA commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John I'll admit she runs rings around me in the picture taking department. I'm here to cook and eat the food, not photograph it!

Sometimes it’s about MAKing a quick dinner...just happened to also be the maiden voyage.
    Attached Files

Comment

• BradNorthGA
      BradNorthGA commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that looks great. Enjoy your new toy!

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! Cant wait for the review.

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like the MAK did well..

This is my first cooking post in a while. Winter weather here wrecked havoc and is the #1 reason, along with no water for a while. I was on a diet of microwave and stove type cooks on paper plates. NY Strip with mushrooms and onions. Fries on the side. The only joy I had was seeing the grocery store shelves stocked full of PJ’s Premium Paper Plates! I just don’t understand why all the other paper plates were sold out but mine...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; February 25, 2021, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• BradNorthGA
      BradNorthGA commented
      Editing a comment
      Great looking steak, I can imagine you're glad to be able to cook something like that again. Been keeping up a little bit with what's been going on in Texas and the power grid there, absolutely stunning. Glad to hear that you're coming out at the end of it all right, hope you didn't get some kind of $16,000 power bill or nothing like that lol

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Brad. My light bill will be normal, as will most people’s. In Texas, if you live in an area where you ARE able to choose your provider, you are given the choice for a fixed rate or a variable rate. Most people choose fixed. If you choose a variable rate, that is what can happen. I’d expect most people won’t have to pay those unbelievable bills.

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like you are back in the ring with this..

Ribs, collard greens, and basil bread. I smoked some pork belly and used that in the collards.

Name:	Resizer_16143103869520.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	995521

Comment

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      The ribs look great. But the collards really grab me.

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks really good Attjack

Picked up some calamari and scallops today. Bucatini noodles. Oven roasted carrots. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6534.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	494.9 KB ID:	995572Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6535.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	429.8 KB ID:	995571Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6536.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	372.0 KB ID:	995573

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Have to ask - are The bucatini homemade? I know a few on here have dough extruders that make these. That final plating of scallops looks outstanding!

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      barelfly No, not homemade. 😞 But, Rusticella de Abruzzo, so good. treesmacker Stuey1515 Just my year old iPhone 11 Pro. It takes great photos. In the bottom photo I am standing about 2 feet from the plate, using the 2x lens. If I use the 1x lens, to get that close I cast a shadow. But, the main reason for upgrading iPhones is cameras, cameras, cameras.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree about the photos! Excellent pics Dr. Pepper I’m definitely noticing the improved quality of photos from members lately. I wish I knew how to improve the quality of pics with my iPhone 8 Plus.

Bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin and airfried potatowedges..

Name:	20210225_183104.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	995597Click image for larger version

Name:	20210225_183900.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	995598Click image for larger version

Name:	20210225_185605.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	995599Click image for larger version

Name:	20210225_205634.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	995600Click image for larger version

Name:	20210225_210149.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	995601

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here