Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 20, Winter 2020/2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salsa verde pork enchiladas with a secret ingredient in the salsa as well as both inside and outside the enchiladas: spinach! Wow, this turned out really well and will definitely happen again!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-02-14 17.33.42-1.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	989803

Name:	2021-02-14 17.42.51-1.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	989804

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinach? I’m intrigued!

• Jim White
      Jim White commented
      Editing a comment
      SheilaAnn I just put up more details on Atjack's leftovers thread.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210214_174102.jpg Views:	10 Size:	846.1 KB ID:	989808

Sirloin Tips with Mushroom Onion Gravy. Served over Rice with Carrots and Salad. Recipe from the "Cook it in Cast Iron" Cookbook that was a Birthday Gift from my Daughter and Son in Law. Happy Valentine's Day!
    Last edited by Skip; February 14, 2021, 07:22 PM.

Comment

It warmed up a little bit today. I got these Porterhouse steaks for a little over $9 each. My wife did the green beans, scallops, and shrimp inside while I did the asparagus and steaks on my RecTeq 590.
      Attached Files

Comment

Getting away from the weather which has been historical in some parts of the country. It's been snowy and cold here but nothing like what some of you're seeing.

I'm on the another baking binge. I'm not going to post pictures as I have done these b4 and posted. In fact the next two bakes have not happened. Today I did the Japanese Milk Bread. One of my favorite for a unique taste and texture. And a really easy recipe. Tommrow it's Baguettes. Then Tuesday Corn Bread. All are K.A. recipes. If I have energy after that may be I'll continue.

Comment

Valentine's Dinner. Shrimp cocktail, dry brined NY Strip reverse seared on WSCG, and creme brulee for dessert.

NY Strip from the local butcher

Name:	IMG_0583.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	989869

Name:	IMG_0585.jpeg
Views:	230
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	989868

Shrimp Cocktail

Name:	IMG_0579.jpeg
Views:	229
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	989867

Comment

• Burkester
            Burkester commented
            Editing a comment
            Man, you nailed that steak! Beautiful!

• holehogg
            holehogg commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh my.....

• WVsmoke
            WVsmoke commented
            Editing a comment
            5 STAR

Ok - I know this is cheesy but could not resist today at the store. Happy Valentine’s Day!
          Attached Files

Comment

• JCGrill
            JCGrill commented
            Editing a comment
            It was really cheesy all right. Pepper jack?
            Last edited by JCGrill; February 14, 2021, 08:39 PM. Reason: Changed my mind about the variety.

• holehogg
            holehogg commented
            Editing a comment
            Not cheesy enough you could have put a little effort into the shape of the bun.

A special Valentine's Day dinner for the one I love: Surf and Turf - a bone-in ribeye and lobster tails. Garlic mashed red skinned potatoes and Caesar salad. The steak was cooked sous vide and then seared on cast iron. I tried coating the steak with mayo for searing and wasn't impressed. But I had the mayo since I made dinner for three Caesar dressing, so nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Name:	PXL_20210215_003020030-01.jpeg
Views:	268
Size:	235.9 KB
ID:	989879Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210215_003437439-01.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	989880Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210215_003535299-01.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	989881Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210215_003550637-01.jpeg
Views:	220
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	989882

Happy Valentine's Day to all in the Pit!

Comment

A few things from the last week or so.

Beef jerky. Marinated for 30 hours in a spicy teriyaki kind of marinade, then smoked with apple for about 1.5 hours on the kettle, then into my new/old vintage Ronco dehydrator for 14 hours. Could have gone with less time in JerkyBot, but we devoured it all in a couple of days.

​

​

Yakitori on the new grill. Hearts and gizzards for me, she got thigh meat. Homemade tare could have been thicker. Also not completely sold on the binchoton.

​

And Spam musubi.

​

​

Man, I love musubi.

Comment

• JCGrill
              JCGrill commented
              Editing a comment
              Those pics aren't showing up for me.

Just got my sous vide the other day and cooked my first Tomahawk. ( 40.85 oz 40 day dry aged) Cold smoked on the grill with tube smoker for 1-1/2 hrs, sous vide @ 140 for 3 hrs and seared on the flat top. This is all a first for me, but I've never had a better steak
            Attached Files

Comment

Pork Yakisoba

Name:	Resizer_16133572900350.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	231.6 KB
ID:	989914

Name:	Resizer_16133572900351.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	989915

Comment

SWMBO wanted Italian for a eat-in Valentine’s Day dinner. Chicken piccata and zucchini were the results! You know, boneless skinless chicken breasts are so bad when you halfway fry them and then braise them in a butter rich piccata sauce Click image for larger version

Name:	2D2BBCDF-32BC-4165-B938-0EFFAAD44C1D.jpeg
Views:	215
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	989919Click image for larger version

Name:	03A1B903-74BE-493C-807D-1D7F1F18907F.jpeg
Views:	205
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	989920

Comment

Name:	3C228B2B-0846-446D-980E-727FA422B6AF.jpeg
Views:	205
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	989926Click image for larger version

Name:	2F2A581B-A685-484B-9341-47BB279BDD60.jpeg
Views:	207
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	989927Click image for larger version

Name:	7E3BCA7B-64B6-4F8E-A764-5838773E3798.jpeg
Views:	216
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	989925 Reverse seared a couple ribeyes, grilled a sockeye fillet, and pan seared scallops for Valentines day. Delicious! Lacking on my picture game as I was busy cooking! Also did a mushroom risotto. Excellent meal!

Comment

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dang man, awesome looking! Are you sure you didn’t steal those pics from one of my past cooks? 😱

EDIT: Never mind you couldn’t have, I just noticed snow on the ground in one of em. 😂
                    Last edited by Panhead John; February 14, 2021, 09:44 PM.

• RickyBobby
                    RickyBobby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Panhead John , Lol!!! I can neither confirm or deny.

Reverse sear applewood smoked pork chops. 20 degrees and snowing is no excuse not to grill!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• RickyBobby
                    RickyBobby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Neither cold, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail, shall stop a pit master from outdoor cooking!!!!!!

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Beautiful! You guys are unbelievable. It’s 32* here right now. Went outside to move my truck. Now I’m inside curled up in the fetal position under the covers. 😂

• RichieB
                    RichieB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Isn't that the norm for you Panhead John?

Valentines dinner for me and my sweety. Took a combination of cookers - oven, stove top, and SNS Kamado. I braved the 32F temperature outside, in the dark, in my shirt sleeves, haha!

Reverse seared T-bones, sauteed mushrooms, baked potatoes, and grilled artichokes. I had a salad, but we couldn't fit it on our plates. I washed mine down with a bottle of Chimay Grand Reserve...

And before you get onto me, yes - I did the sear a bit above the flame. The lump got a bit more lit than I expected it too while the steaks were on the indirect side, so I had to elevate them a bit! I finished the artichokes above the flames as well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4425.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	1.10 MB ID:	989943Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4435.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	1.24 MB ID:	989946Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4432.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	1.01 MB ID:	989945Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4433.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	1.12 MB ID:	989944Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4434.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	989941Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4438.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	864.7 KB ID:	989942Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4439.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	812.7 KB ID:	989940
                  Last edited by jfmorris; February 14, 2021, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• barelfly
                    barelfly commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep - just one of those and you are feeling like a champ!

• jfmorris
                    jfmorris commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Old Glory I steam the artichokes for 30 minutes. I then let them cool, slice in half, and scoop out that fuzzy stuff (the choke) with a teaspoon. Before going to the grill, I brushed with butter and seasoned with seasoned salt on both sides. Grilled indirect for about 10 minutes, then a couple minutes per side over direct flames. They were VERY tender, and you just peel the petals, eat the tips, then eat the heart. They pick up a bit of a smoky flavor which takes them over the top.

• jfmorris
                    jfmorris commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This was my first time to do a board sauce. Which you would think would not matter since I then smothered it in mushroom gravy, but you still picked up a lot of the rosemary, thyme, sage and garlic flavors.

Lamb stew and stuffed artichokes.

Name:	PXL_20210215_020759788.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	989976

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here