Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are You Drinking RIGHT NOW? II

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling Manhattan-ish. Huskee thank you for the suggestion. This is good and more of an acquired taste I think. No complaints here but I see the difference. It's great in this drink.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9964.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	417821

Comment

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Rye, Sweet Vermouth, Dry Vermouth and the zest of lemon. Mmmm... perfect campfire Manhattan!

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Rye the way, that is one of my favorite Rye's and not expensive.

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Mudkat no complaints on my drink. I think I like the regular straight but this vermouth and bitters is amazing with the rye.

Leroux Polish "Jezynowka" (pronounced schnoofka) Natural Blackberry Brandy. The preferred drink of "Soud" Omaha when the stockyards were in their heyday. Like Nyquil you have to be 21 to buy.

Comment

Robust Porter, 6.1% ABV, 30 IBUs , Home brewed.

Comment

Liquor store stashed me one of the 3 bottles of Staff Jr they got this year (one went to the owner, the other an employee). yeah, the hype is real.....FANTASTIC. be jealous.

Comment

I have decided to explore the Scotch world a bit. I like to compare so I conducted my own personal tasting:

Name:	7D44D18C-1090-446E-8B97-E7D74AB7BA64.jpeg
Views:	221
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	417902 That would be Grant’s family reserve Blended Whiskey, Monkey Shoulder Blended Malt Whiskey, and Glen Moray Single Malt 12 year. These are all from the Speyside region so somewhat similar in intent.

I actually enjoyed them all, but the single malt definitely shows more character. Lots of learning to do!!

Comment

• Psinderson
            Psinderson commented
            Editing a comment
            texastweeter, I admit...I am starting cheap and working my way up!

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            oh I'm not knocking it, just giving you a recommendation. I am not prejudiced, i love ALL hooch!

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Sweet! I like the Speysides too.

It happened
          Attached Files

Comment

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            It's good stuff for sure.

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Still haven't tried with Stagg. Damnit.

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd send you a dram... but... well... it was gone in 2 days.

Tonight I enjoyed some Evan Williams Single Barrel and, to a lesser degree, High West American Prairie Bourbon.

Comment

Knob Creek Bourbon after a week of nights.

Comment

Had to have my tequila fix ever since Puerto Vallarta introduced me to its finer aspects ........ Roca Patron Anejo

Name:	roca patron anjeo.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	420416

Comment

Cheers Ladies & Gent's

Comment

• Psinderson
                  Psinderson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That looks good!

• Elton's BBQ
                  Elton's BBQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It is.. It's a beer made in the Czech Republic..

• Psinderson
                  Psinderson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I could tell...the writing on the bottle looks exactly like Pilsner Urquell.

Wife plans the menus and decided it is "too cold" for me to stand outside for the rest of the year. I think it has something to do with what I DO while I am tending the fire. Like, I "found" this bottle of VOB BIB 100 (that is, Very Old Barton, Bonded, with the "100 proof" on the neckband - it is a bottom shelf bourbon that I LOVE) in the trunk of my car today. Decided to catch up on email and the blogs I follow including AR.com. It's cold outside, but with my VOB sitting next to the computer, who needs the outdoors? Now, if she finds me, maybe she'll throw up her hands and let me fire up the grill. It could happen. Only 46 years of marriage is on the line!

Comment

Amidst the blowing snow I've got 2 racks of ribs on the stickburner. To keep me warm, I've been samplin bourbons since about 2pm. A finger each 'sample' so as not to overdo it...
                  First Maker's Mark, then more Maker's Mark, then Elijah Craig, then Buffalo Trace, then Old Forester, then Eagle Rare. That's where I am now....

Comment

• xaugievike
                    xaugievike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ah yes - but where you're going is awesome!

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    All those are tasty, an' should help to keep ya' warm!

Huskee funny how this thread moves to the top starting on Friday nights. Picked this up today. Was gonna try the EJ but this was calling out to me. 2:00pm my hero!

Gonna make some meattballs and sauce with rigatoni. I'll be cracking that a little later. Wow this can get pricey when there's none on the discount rack.

Name:	IMG_0124.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	420668

Comment

• Psinderson
                    Psinderson commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Really good choice, HouseHomey. And I agree- I look forward to this thread on Fridays!

• Elton's BBQ
                    Elton's BBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have to go to my local liquor store and buy me a bottle of that stuff.. Looks good!

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good stuff, Maynard!

Dewar’s the Ancestor. Not bad for a blended scotch.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dewar's really isn't bad, I think of it as the Jack Daniels of Scotch- won't please very many snobs but I like when it's on the happy hour list, it's a great half price pour!

Got two in the cooler.

Name:	20171209_131213.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	421067

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I love this time of year for the walk-out cooler!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here