Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are You Drinking RIGHT NOW? II

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old fashioned with Rebel Yell Small Batch Rye, Peychaud bitters, and a Click image for larger version

Name:	15114031840691499862437.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	414185 bada bing cherry.

Comment

I love rye old fashioneds!

Comment

I'll let y'all guess...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4177.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	414251

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Bingo, Aaron!

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Bonsey, shouldn't this be on the new "show us your bar" thread? Or is this the "what are you drinking inside the operations center for Ma' Bell?" Love the phones, "Is this the party to whom I'm speaking?" "One ringy dingy, two ringy dingy, three rings dingy." Much Love brother!

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, HouseHomey ! Thanks fer th Shout Out!
          I posted it also on th' "Bar" thread...
          I only got about 400~ antique phones, so I can easily quit, anytime...;
          Love th' Lily Tomlin references, I still listen to that album.
          Peace an' love to y'all there in HBCA!

A Thanksgiving gift from the neighbors. Will wait til after the grubbing and open this tonight. Although I may need a taste before the 90 second ride to my inlaws.
        !Huskee The start of my collection. I was think over you when they handed me this.

Name:	IMG_0242.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	414501

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          At Huskee just started sipping this as I was talking to Mr. Bones. Seriously smooth and delicious. I'm a noob at this but this is awesome stuff. Warm and fuzzy real quick like too. This is a keeper. Hey Bonsey I sent a princes pic for you.

• Psinderson
          Psinderson commented
          Editing a comment
          I tried that one a while back and I remember it as pretty good. Nice neighbors!

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Psinderson yes. As I recall I invited them over 4, July block,party and they brought nothing.i sat them in my driveway and introduced them to others along with my andouille, brats and Detroit Coney chili. I hate to leave people out. I have fed them since and they are now inclusive and our kids play. I look love a good neighborhood

Staying hydrated while waiting on the turkey.

Name:	20171123_153154.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	414506

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Great beer, that!

Smoking away, two chuckies in the PBC, sipping a little Maker's Mark with lemonade, for medicinal purposes, trying to get rid of a cold.

Gotta keep my wits about me since I'm giving my new Fireboard and Weber charcoal each a test run.

Kathryn

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          "They" always say during emergencies and stuff on the news...... "don't forget your medications." Passed on chuckles in the reduced price bin today. I'm having second thoughts.. Too late.
          Cheers!!

Same as last night, another rebel yell rye old fashioned! I think I have an old fashioned problem...

Comment

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          You're just an old fashion kind of guy.

^^^^^
        I also wanted Stella to help me Cook tomorrow.
        ^^^^^
        Stella!!!

Name:	Stella.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	414653

Comment

2017 Bourbon County Stout. Cheers all!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            How was that? I have one on standby, in th' garage fridge...
            Lookin' forward to it, in fact

• kmhfive
            kmhfive commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome. I missed out on the 2017 this year. Enjoy!

• xaugievike
            xaugievike commented
            Editing a comment
            it was delightful! found it readily this year - got 24 bottles without breaking a sweat.

Meanwhile, back at th' ranch...
          Last week, or so, been nippin' on this bourbon...
          Gotta say, it brings a LOT of fire to th' table!

Name:	IMG_4181.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	415962

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            60% yikes!

• kmhfive
            kmhfive commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you add water?

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Have not added water kmhfive

Mr. Bones Holy smokes, I'll say! I'm not even a big fan of 50% ABV, but 60+ is killer! If you think this is mean, get your hands on some Stagg Jr!

Comment

HuskeeMr. Bones trying this with an ice cube. I kind of like the cooler Bourbon but I think I may like the chilled glass better then the ice cube. No hate mail please. I "get" this small cube waters down and some consider this not proper. I actually don't mind the watered down part as it seems, seems..... if it was wine I would use the word "bouquet." Seems to open up.... also i work in a kitchen so I don't mind the cool part as the kitchen is........ well, hot.

im still learning this stuff so advice on drinking and trying these would be appreciated. Advice on comparisons would help too. I fear that I was able to get some real good ones for not full price so I hope i didn't get spoiled. I can't pay retail so I'll take what I find in the discount rack. Hopefully that buffalo one is still there and I'll scoop that up.

this 1792 I am thoroughly enjoying.

Cheers Brothers and Sisters!

Name:	IMG_9955.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	416000

Comment

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              kmhfive Psinderson. I really enjoy that whiff drinking from the wine glass. Great stuff!

• Mudkat
              Mudkat commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with all who spoke before me. Enjoy your new adventure HouseHomey ! I drink bourbon's and rye's and scotch and and single malts with ice and without! Alot depends on what's available and my mood. Have fun brother!

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Psinderson I have that book too, it's a college course on all things whisk(e)y yet easy to read.

The right way to enjoy a bourbon is the way you like it. The right bourbon is the one you like. Just like how the right woman is the one you love, and to heck with anyone who thinks otherwise.

Comment

A little going-to-bed Old Forester original 1870. 'Night all

Comment

• Psinderson
                Psinderson commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, but that "blabber mouth" has helped and entertained a lot of people around here!

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                Buy that man a drink!!

• kmhfive
                kmhfive commented
                Editing a comment
                Nicely done! Very helpful also!

Today’s acquisition:

Name:	12326CF2-CDF2-49F0-994A-4C7D92BB428A.jpeg
Views:	184
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	416282 Pike Creek 10 year Canadian blended aged in rum barrels. On sale for $25 dollars and it had a 90 rating on Whisky Advocate so I thought I would try it. Very rum-like with a peppery rye finish. Very unique.

Comment

• kmhfive
                kmhfive commented
                Editing a comment
                Congratulations! It’s always fun to get a unique deal!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here