Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the Slow 'N Sear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats - you will love it.

Comment

David Parrish Hi Dave, I am going to be getting a Weber 26 soon. Is it absolutely necessary to get the XL SnS? Will the one for the 22.5 work? I generally cook for 2 to 6 people. I eventually will get the XL SnS. But In the short term I need to get 2 more regular SnS's and 2 more DnG's. One each for me and one each for a friend's wedding gift. If I could use the regular SnS until I could afford the XL that would be awesome.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        FYI, I think the XL holds about 50% more charcoal and 15% more water

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, what fuzzydaddy said.

• JeffJ
        JeffJ commented
        Editing a comment
        I use the 22.5" SnS in my 26 and it works beautifully. Personally I would discourage you from getting the XL. You save money with the 22.5 SnS and you lose a lot of indirect grate space with the XL. As for smoking, I can only remember one time needing to add coals to the 22.5 in my 26 and with the hinged grate it was easy. I was down to about a dozen lit coals and I poured in some unlit coals next to the fire - after knocking down the ash - and the fuse stayed lit.

David Parrish you have succeeded like crazy! You've done so well that a dedicated Hasty-Bake guy went and bought one of your kettles and I've been cooking on it as my primary unit since October 21! Now, what it can't do is handle the amount of food that my HB and WSM can. So, for bigger cooking jobs I still turn to Ole Faithful and Ole Smokey. But daily cooker for just Stacy and I? It's awesome.

I wrote a long thread on it called Observations on the SnS Kettle.
      Last edited by ecowper; February 9, 2022, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Now you done it. Now he's putting on his engineer hat and designing a SnS HB version

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee that's funny!

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm waiting for Dave to make a 26" SNS Kettle. Or for Weber to make a 26" Performer. Either one. First to make one gets my sale!

Originally posted by ecowper View Post
      David Parrish you have succeeded like crazy! You've done so well that a dedicated Hasty-Bake guy went and bought one of your kettles and I've been cooking on it as my primary unit since October 21! Now, what it can't do is handle the amount of food that my HB and WSM can. So, for bigger cooking jobs I still turn to Ole Faithful and Ole Smokey. But daily cooker for just Stacy and I? It's awesome.

I wrote a long thread on it called Observations on the SnS Kettle.
      Thanks Eric! I've seen you many a cook over the years on the Hasty Bake, so I know this is high praise indeed!

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        The praise is well deserved!

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        Now, about that 26”……

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here