Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the Slow 'N Sear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Parrish Your facebook page always reminds me of why I hate facebook. The morons that comment on your product blows my mind. I'm all for having an opinion but damn I don't know how some of these people can't understand the time and the material used. People want to buy American but can't understand that it takes money for American quality. These people are to use to Chinese junk at 1/3 of the cost. Sorry for the rant but Thanks again for making a great product.

Comment

KARB2014 thanks for having our back on Facebook. There are many folks on our page that just don't get it. When owners chime in letting these folks know the product works great for them and is a good value that helps a lot. It might not persuade the lunatic who thinks a Slow 'N Sear can be sold profitably for $25, but the other more reasonable folks see your posts and get interested. Sales are strong so it's working!

Comment

I bought a SnS not too long ago and I love it! However, I am kinda bummed that the plus is available now with the extra features. Any thought of offering a bottom add on for existing SnS owners with tabs to hold the old one in place? Just a thought.

Comment

You are always going to have people that bitch. Its a fact of life. All you can do is let the product speak for itself, and I think the SNS does that quite well. Plus there are enough of us that love it to drown out those who just don't get it. If you want cheap crap made in China, go to Wal-mart. This is a quality product made in America, by Americans. I will pay for that any day of the week and twice on Sunday. KARB2014 David Parrish

Comment

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            Spinaker, Guest, GEEZ, Spin, Take Two of These Every Four Hours, 💊💊, Call me in the Morning and Tell Me What You Really Think!
            From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
            Last edited by Danjohnston949; June 16, 2016, 01:19 AM.

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            I just get tired of people complaining to complain, when they have no idea what they are talking about. If these people think quality craftsmanship and service are cheap, they have no place commenting on how much the product should cost. Danjohnston949

Originally posted by lofive View Post
          I bought a SnS not too long ago and I love it! However, I am kinda bummed that the plus is available now with the extra features. Any thought of offering a bottom add on for existing SnS owners with tabs to hold the old one in place? Just a thought.

We tried but the product turned out to be very expensive. We determined that money-wise folks are better off selling their old one and buying a new one. We also didn't want to take on the liability risk of a tabbed basket that could possibly drop hot coals.

Comment

• lofive
            lofive commented
            Editing a comment
            Fair enough. Thanks for the response!

Yesterday was my second smoke on the SnS and first brisket. It took almost three hours for me to get my Weber to stay in the 200-210 range. I'm sure my lid isn't as tight as it should be and the two digital thermometer lines set on the kettle rim didn't help. I used the Oklahoma Joe technique. The SnS worked as advertised for sure. I really like putting the meat on as the Weber is getting up to heat. I'm terrible with lids and all the heat usually escapes if I heat the coals before putting the meat on. The five pound flat took seven hours to get to 190 and rested for an hour in foil before carving. I thought it was a bit dry but my family just LOVED it. I wish I had taken a picture: it was a beautiful finished product.

It took a lot of attention and I couldn't leave the Weber alone for too long. Poor me. I was forced to watch four movies and sip beer. I know each Weber is different but if anyone has a tip or two on regulating the temp better please let me know. I take it that the lower vent is the key but maybe I have it backwards.

While I was smoking I did watch a minute or two of an infomercial on an electric smoker with timer, temp control, etc. The horror!

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            You've probably already done this, but in case not, be sure to check out www.abcbarbecue.com's lighting instructions, there are tips for temp control as well as Weber's vent handles/positions.

Fayettejim , welcome and congrats on your cook!!

I run my probe wire up through the bottom air intake and use binder clips to hold my lid tighter, giving me better air flow control. Added benefit for me is that when I get my kettle to temp I gently close down my intake vents. The width of the wire holding the vent open is nearly perfect for temp maintenance.

Comment

Fayettejim You might want to do a dry run so that you are not worried about the meat not turning out well. Set it up as directed and just let it run until it stabilizes. Note the vent settings and then adjust a bit to get closer to the temp you want. You can take a marker and mark vent settings for various temps. No two cooks are exactly alike, but you will have a mark to use for your initial setting.

Comment

When are you guys going to build one of these for the Weber Ranch Kettle?

Comment

Originally posted by Beefchop View Post

First I'd need a Ranch Kettle to design the thing. If you want to ship me one I'll PM you my address. =)

Comment

• Beefchop
                  Beefchop commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm just thinking about the sear zone! A niche cooker for the caterer / blacksmith.

Originally posted by Beefchop View Post
                A fellow Pit member, Bill M uses one in his Ranch Kettle. I asked him how it works and he said it works great. He recommends the SnSXL. Here's his post.

Comment

• Beefchop
                  Beefchop commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Awesome! Thanks for the link. I'll ask him to post pics.

TWO XLs would work quite well I think:

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                  fuzzydaddy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can't stop watching this. It would make a great movie.

• richinlbrg
                  richinlbrg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've thought about using my XL and my original SnS just this way. Any trouble holding the temp in the Weber with both these going, @pitboss ?

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Never tried it. Give it a shot!

I'm still working with my SnS, did 3 rib racks on Weber held vertical in rib rack. Where should the grill temp probe be positioned? I had it behind first row off the heat of ribs and it was way off. Suggestions?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I find anywhere that does not put it too close to the meat or directly over any part of the SnS.

something tells me I might need to rethink my rib selection.

Comment

SnS and Weber Rotisserie - any special setup tips for doing a chicken? Regular 325 lighting technique? Or higher to account for the temp at the spit?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here