Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the Slow 'N Sear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Parrish My brother just purchased his SNS. He likes grilling and what not. I wanted him to get something easy to use and versatile. Plus he lives the NYC and cant have a huge smoker and a grill. So I thought the Weber 22" and an SNS will be perfect!! He's pretty pumped to get into the game. Next thing, get him a Pit membership or at least a copy Meatheads book.

Comment

Originally posted by The Burn View Post
      SnS and Weber Rotisserie - any special setup tips for doing a chicken? Regular 325 lighting technique? Or higher to account for the temp at the spit?

I don't have the rotisserie yet but I've seen many folks using it with great success. Setup seems pretty straightforward. Very similar to the Weber Two Baskets setup except you use the SnS and only have heat coming from one side.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
        David Parrish My brother just purchased his SNS. He likes grilling and what not. I wanted him to get something easy to use and versatile. Plus he lives the NYC and cant have a huge smoker and a grill. So I thought the Weber 22" and an SNS will be perfect!! He's pretty pumped to get into the game. Next thing, get him a Pit membership or at least a copy Meatheads book.

That and a couple of good digital thermometers and he'll be set. Thanks for spreading the word!

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          You bet man. Its a great product. He's the fourth person I've had order.

I am sending him one of my 6 Mavs so he will be all set. I also told him to invest in a Thermapen.

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          He's good then! And thanks x4!

David Parrish I just posted my review of the SNS Plus on Amazon. What a quality product! Thank you, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by rgriffeath View Post
          David Parrish I just posted my review of the SNS Plus on Amazon. What a quality product! Thank you, thank you!

Awesome! and Thank you, thank you! Reviews help A LOT.

Comment

David Parrish Im going to order a SnS Plus today. Does it make a difference to you and your company if I order direct from ABC or if I order from Amazon?

Comment

Originally posted by LangInGibsonia View Post
              David Parrish Im going to order a SnS Plus today. Does it make a difference to you and your company if I order direct from ABC or if I order from Amazon?
              We make a few more dollars if you order it direct from the ABC site. Use this link so AR gets credit: http://slownsear.com/?abc_ref=4

Thanks for asking!

Comment

Gday. I am from Australia and have a SnS on the way. I wanted to get a Kamado but already have a Kettle so thought I should give this a go. Keen to get into the Slow and Low process. Hope I made the right choice. Is this the best thread to keep up with the SnS community? Thanks.

Greg

Comment

grepin Congrats on the SnS! Most SnS threads will be in Kettle Accessories and Recipes and Techniques and sub-forums when posting about cooks.

Comment

I'm interested in the SnS Plus, but i'm having trouble finding an AR link to go through to get it, (so AR gets something for the order). In the reviews section, the link for the SnS is readily available, but not for the SnS Plus model. It could also be that sometimes, i'm blind as a bat.

Comment

Shane Rakow this link with work for all their products.

Comment

Hi I have run a cook on the slow and sear but a little more on that later. Is it normal to get a little puddle of water in the ash catcher. I am just starting the initial heat up for another cook with no food in it and there is another puddle. Looking at it I cant see any drips. I did a cold fill and left it for a while however no leaks must be a heat thing. Plus this time made sure it wasnt over full.

Comment

Sounds like you've got a humid pit. That causes condensation on the walls of the kettle, which will slide down and pool into the ashpan. This is pretty common actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
                          Sounds like you've got a humid pit. That causes condensation on the walls of the kettle, which will slide down and pool into the ashpan. This is pretty common actually.
                          No worries sounds like it could be the case. Talking to the distributor over here he said to try it without the lid and see if it happens. I must admit when I pull the lid off it looks dry inside. Love using it however. Has been good fun. Also have been using the tip top temp controller and yes its tip top.

Comment

This arrived today! (and yes, we cuddled the first night it was in the house)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Slow N Sear.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	262533

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here