Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

🔥 Feed the Flame! 🔥

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of nights ago. That point just before the top goes to ash

And then into the Smokenator

Tonight, getting ready for the fajitas in the Cooking thread

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! I love running my chimney at night for this reason. You miss the flamage when doing it in daylight.

Hey guys these are great pictures. I love seeing them. Do you all use phone cameras for any of these pictures or does everyone use a normal camera. I have not posted any pictures but would love to do my part.

Comment

• The Burn
      The Burn commented
      Editing a comment
      I took these with my iPhone. I've always got it with me, logging my cooks, so it's handy. I never remember to have my DSLR with me when a good photo op arises.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I use my phone. It has an 8mp camera and does a fair job of bright daylight pictures. Not so hot in low light but that's any camera phone I believe. I use Windows gallery photo editor (the stock included photo program) to edit or clarify if necessary.

I use my phone sometimes and then I have a Fuji camera that I use most of the time.

Comment

• Guy
      Guy commented
      Editing a comment
      I should probably not ask this on a Barbecue site. I have a Droid and it is not easy to get pictures off. The only way I can do it is to email them to myself from my phone. Is that how everyone does it?

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately that's what I do Guy. I also have a USB cable that, if I have a lot of pics to transfer, I will hook that up.

If I want to share 1-5 pictures, I will just email them to myself. A slower process, but it works.

The mobile version of this site won't allow me to attach a photo from my Android phone, even though it goes through the motions and looks like it will work, it wont work. I suspect many have this issue too, and we hope the newer version of vBulletin fixes this.

• Marauderer
      Marauderer commented
      Editing a comment
      Guy, I have a Galaxy Note 3 and I have to do it just like Huskee does. That's why I try and keep my camera available. I also have a web site that hosts my pics. SmugMug.com. It is a paid site but I like it and I can just copy a pic there and paste it into my post. But not the comment section.

Copy and Paste.

This Meatloaf was not good. To Dry, my fault, not enough fat in it other than that it was excellent.

Comment

• The Burn
      The Burn commented
      Editing a comment
      Not at all Barry - just bustin' on you

• Marauderer
      Marauderer commented
      Editing a comment
      Tb, that's what I figured but, They told me I have to play nice here so I am trying. You do know what the word "Try" means?

• JohnF
      JohnF commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Try means you will find a way out!

Dave, I sent you a PM about the Pics.

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Roger that. Thanks

The Harry Soo Donut.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that live? Are you cooking now, if so what?

• Beefchop
      Beefchop commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish! I shot it on Veteran's Day and forgot to upload it to the site. Cooked a 5 pound pork cut with some chicken breasts...part of my experimentation to run my cooker without water. I'm finding it harder to keep the temps down here in LA and may go back to using my water pan!

The Vortex on my Performer doing indirect ribeyes, with the sear to come (which is when the flames came out). This thing really kicks out some heat.

Comment

Needs work but what the heck...

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty cool Jon. I agree with cdd, a night shot of that would be pretty neat too...but you don't have to do it just for us.

• Jon Solberg
        Jon Solberg commented
        Editing a comment
        I may give it a try but I'm not sure how the go pro will pull off the low light.

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      Needs work but what the heck...
      That is so cool! I wonder if you would have done that at night what it would look like?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1077032_10202156885337666_17417537_o.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	34627 Nice little Steak

Comment

Name:	1618443_10203319724647922_4316418217984735406_n.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	34663 Don't know if this one counts.

Comment

Nice pics troymeister! Tasty & Toasty I shall call them.

Comment

This thread really needs another pic of the Vortex!

Name:	Vortex.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	35999

Comment

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                It really does. The thing is so hot I was flipping every 30 seconds. 1 Minute would have been too long.

• smarkley
                smarkley commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice.... I was hoping you would put that pic in this thread!

• Jon Solberg
                Jon Solberg commented
                Editing a comment
                It does get hot. My faux vortex (angle food cake pan) burned thru on the second cook. Looks like I need to pop for the real deal

Jon you need to instruct us how to make a GIF, or animated picture. I think flickering flame pics would be awesome in here. Like Meathead's banner at the top of the AmazingRibs.com main pages, behind the logo. (Did anyone notice they flicker slowly?)

Comment

Something about the coals/flame in a Vortex that is just mezmerizing

Comment

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                NICE. We just need some marshmallows.

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                We just need some NY Strips, Ribeyes, Filets, shrimp....THEN marshmallows!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here