Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us Your Leftovers (before and after)!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Before: Same old hickory smoked pulled beef from above....man, I had a lot of it left over. Anyhow, Monday lunch (not ramen)....

    After: BBQ beef sandwich
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20260907_133341.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	1884050

    Toasted a roll, warmed up the beef, drizzled with a Texas-style BBQ sauce. I prefer a tangier sauce, but this reminded me of the BBQ beef sandwiches we would have at picnics and cookouts when I was a kid, though that beef wasn't smoked. I had a massive salad, too, not shown. Yum.

    From the Old Restaurant Habits Die Hard department:
    Am I the only one wiping down the rims and edges of my plates before taking my plating pic?

    Last edited by HotSun; September 8, 2026, 07:55 AM.

    Comment


    • Ace
      Ace commented
      Editing a comment
      😂 I do... A clean plate is a happy plate. 👍

    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      HotSun nossir you are not the only one.

    Before: Brazilian black beans and the same old hickory smoked pulled beef as before....not reposting that pic again, lol.

    After: Dinner last night; not feijoada...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260907_190340.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	3.01 MB
ID:	1884060

    I had some leftover black beans so I just added the last of the pulled beef and warmed it up. There was enough liquid between the two to make a nice 'not feijoada', the traditional Brazilian stew. Regular feijoada has other 'stuff', like linguica and pork/beef parts (read into that what you will). The plan for the leftover beans was going to be chorizo, but I forgot to buy some, so this is what I landed on.

    Really good. Adding smoked meats to other things does not always work out for me, but the flavor was outstanding. I garnished with farofa roughly in the shape of the Milky Way, haha. It didn't need the farofa, but was just for fun and the flavor was complimentary.

    Mercifully (for all of us), I am done with the pulled beef leftovers, until I thaw another pouch.

    Comment


      Putting the cart before the horse, I'll show what I had for leftovers yesterday before I post to SUWYC.

      Before:
      Pork spareribs
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260913_154956.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	5.13 MB
ID:	1886152
      Don't get too excited...the ribs were not great.

      After:
      Ribs and roasted potatoes
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260914_123912.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	1886150
      I think I also ate an apple. It was pretty good and plenty of meat, and was better than the ribs from the day before.

      Technique.
      The ribs were difficult on multiple levels, not the least being my learning curve with the Hasty Bake, but more on that when I post to SUWYC. In short, the ribs were dry. I vacuum sealed that weird little piece that is mostly bone and cartilage (double layer as I think SheilaAnn suggested a while back to prevent bones poking holes). I had added some water before sealing, and then did my boil-in-bag. This is one hack I use to rescue overly dry meats that sometimes works. It did okay, but I was impatient and hungry. Boiled in the bag for about 8 minutes.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260914_121332.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	1886151
      Weird stuff occurring in my kitchen these days...

      Comment


      • dpearce
        dpearce commented
        Editing a comment
        I've gotten a couple tough ribs here and there. Smithfield brand, not a huge surprise. Some of their loins were a bit chewy as well, but those I typically go so low and slow on, I think that helps. The ribs, using a Pit Barrel, you don't always have that option...

      • HotSun
        HotSun commented
        Editing a comment
        I have had mixed results with Smithfield (what you see above): some great, some not so great. This is the latter. In this case, everything went wrong, but to be documented soon on SUWYC.

      Hi. I took last evenings strip steak leftover and matched with a garlic based marinaded shrimp, skewered on the Spirit. Reheat steak and done.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260916_185113.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	1886544

      Comment


        Before: longaniza
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20260914_182748.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	849.4 KB
ID:	1888972

        After: breakfast scramble
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20260917_122102.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	1888973
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20260917_122516.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	1888974
        Mexican shredded cheese, eggs, longaniza, and chipotle sauce. I had to use a little butter because most of the fat had burned off the longaniza when I first cooked it.

        Side of the freshest and tastiest blueberries I've had since picking fresh a couple years ago.

        Delicious.

        Comment

        Announcement

        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        0
        Guest
        Guest
        500
        ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
        7