Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 20, Winter 2020/2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	C9C4E375-16C2-40B5-8248-B0A4A0EFFD66.jpeg
Views:	313
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	962597Click image for larger version

Name:	7A6B4661-F1E0-4517-96B7-28D19F3183B3.jpeg
Views:	313
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	962598

Beef tenderloin

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh man. Yes sir.. bowing down to you.

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Wall to wall delicious. My hat is off

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s just about perfect right there!

I did the Japanese Milk Bread yesterday. Really good taste. Had it today with my wife's chicken salad. Moist and a unique taste. Will be doing more next week to give to neighbors for New Years. And some more for us. There pictures do not do justice to the bread.

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/rec...k-bread-recipe

​ ​

Comment

• Red Man
      Red Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Pics didn’t show up.

• mnavarre
      mnavarre commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, no pics, but that bread makes bomb french toast and grilled cheese sammiches.

In order to break up the monotonous display of gorgeous Christmas Day cooks....may I please present this! My only request is, I’d like to break the record for most courtesy likes ever at AR. Whatever that may be. Your likes and ridicule are most welcome here. If you’ll notice, one picture wasn’t enough to capture the beauty of this award winning display of culinary genius. Recipe available on request.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; December 25, 2020, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I bet them left overs are just awesome today. Do you have your timeline of how you pulled this cook off? Lighting is on point as well.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll have the full recipe along with a detailed timeline of all the steps under "Recipes". I’m guessing it’ll have so many views, it could cause our website to crash. That meal was so good, there ain’t no leftovers. Also, I did get many PM’s last night wanting some of my photography tips.

• Clark
      Clark commented
      Editing a comment
      @PanheadJohn I am disappointed in you! A gourmand such as you drinking from a freebie plastic cup? Is that ice in milk? My admiration of your fine taste just fell 50%.

Prime rib turned out amazing today. Did a dry brine in the fridge since Tuesday night and then used the Mrs. O'Leary's Cow Crust. 225° until internal temp hit 115°. Then seared 5 minutes per side. Flavor was amazing! Thanks Meathead for the great tips and recipes.
    Attached Files

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      My sister-in-law bought that wine kind of as a joke because she knew I would like the label. It turned out to be a really good wine. Nice looking meal.

Brunch Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201225_164630818 (1).jpg
Views:	333
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	962644

Comment

Christmas classic the meathead way! Slow cooked on my pellet cooker to 126deg, then reverse seared and served with Yukon gold mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and Caesar salad. 13lbs before I boned and trimmed it. Perfect for the nine of us, plus rib-dips for Sunday.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by icyhawk; December 25, 2020, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• Charley Langer
        Charley Langer commented
        Editing a comment
        That is lovely! We did that last year. We usually have three nights of large family gatherings, starting on the 22nd. But COVID-19 and all... 😐... there were only three of us, and my youngest daughter is vegan.

Beef Tenderloin, Green Beans, & Popovers
      Attached Files

Comment

• Charley Langer
        Charley Langer commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect!!

• rgriffeath
        rgriffeath commented
        Editing a comment
        SheilaAnn Lemon Thyme. Beautiful and delicious

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your photography is outstanding.

Standing rib roast. I followed Kenji's "reverse sear" recipe.

Name:	PXL_20201226_014414274-01.jpeg
Views:	338
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	962675Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201226_020205721-01.jpeg
Views:	291
Size:	236.9 KB
ID:	962676

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks great!....... but did ya see my chicken and macaroni pics?
        Last edited by Panhead John; December 26, 2020, 08:15 AM.

Roast goose (Weber 22"), wild rice dressing, potato wedges, Brussels Sprouts and bacon.

Name:	20201225_185009.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	962681

Comment

A small rib roast and a two-bone rack of back ribs. The ribs are for a treat later if I actually decide that food is ever an option again.

Name:	7B353D62-F2E2-4354-B689-5613DA316398.jpeg
Views:	309
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	962685

Because this:

Name:	C5A4D35F-F5F0-4F8F-87EB-1DE7426C2ADD.jpeg
Views:	290
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	962688

And this:

Name:	61871BCF-1AFD-431D-A743-3A393F499BBB.jpeg
Views:	288
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	962689

Turned into this:

Name:	0B7C7BA5-3613-49DB-B84B-A99424F7ACD0.jpeg
Views:	311
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	962686

Rib roast, garlic Parmesan green beans, popovers, and mushroom gravy. The roast was a little over where I wanted it
        but was still fantastic. I could eat popovers and gravy all the time, but that's probably a bad idea.

You know what's not happening? This:

Name:	40588945-1A5D-4710-9638-9028F4D73472_1_201_a.jpeg
Views:	314
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	962687

There's just no way I'm making tamales tonight. It'll wait until tomorrow.

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking fantastic. Dude... that popover hardware is lit! Did you borrow it from Ernest Ha! I have a bag of Hojas that I had to put in a cabinet above the fridge cuz is was screaming at me and reminding me of how inherently lazy I am.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't feel too guilty, HouseHomey !

Gots me a fresh bag of Maseca, ain't even broken th seal on it, jus yet...kinda been lickin my wounds, phyically, an mentally, this Christmas; reckon it's bout time I git up offa my lazy Hillbilly arse, an git on with life, eh?

Thanks fer th Inspiration, Brother!!!!

#WWHHD? LOL

Yeah, baby; I'm all kinda better, now! (Kinda)

(Course, th dubl margarita mighta hailped some, as wail... :
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 27, 2020, 06:30 PM.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Ain't really no Scientific way to ascertain, bein's how th Firebase is CLOSED to all outsiders, at this present time, due to chatter of credible level threats...

We celebrated Christmas with our adult kids on Christmas Eve - it was pretty much an all-day event, from noon until about 10pm, and wore us out! Our tradition as the kids were growing up was that each person picked a "favorite" food - usually something junky, and we ate that on Christmas Eve. This year, my contributions were: brisket burnt ends as a noon appetizer, and Last Meal Ribs and Grilled Buffalo Wings for our 4pm dinner. The ribs and chicken were requested by the family - the burnt ends were a bonus, as I found a bag in the deep freeze that had a pre-cubed and vacuum sealed brisket point from a brisket I did in the Fall and had forgotten about.

The ribs got a little overdone, and started falling apart when I went to sauce them, but everyone seemed to love them. Wings were a hit, as were the burnt ends.

Merry Christmas to everyone at the Pitmaster Club, and to the Amazing Ribs staff!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3927.JPEG Views:	3 Size:	1.28 MB ID:	962696Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3929.JPEG Views:	3 Size:	1.36 MB ID:	962697Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3922.JPEG Views:	3 Size:	1.15 MB ID:	962699Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3924.JPEG Views:	3 Size:	1,010.0 KB ID:	962694Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3938.JPEG Views:	3 Size:	1.56 MB ID:	962698Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3940.JPEG Views:	3 Size:	1.12 MB ID:	962695
        Last edited by jfmorris; December 25, 2020, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Wait... you forgot about brisket? Awesome cook!

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          HouseHomey - yeah, not sure how that happened. The day after a brisket cook back in the Fall, I remember cubing up the point and freezing it, but it was under other stuff in the freezer until this week. Worked out great as a quick and easy appetizier - just thawed for an hour on the counter, then into a hot Lodge 12" with a little oil to sear, then doctor up with BBQ sauce, butter and brown sugar, and into the oven at 250 for about 90 minutes.
          Last edited by jfmorris; December 26, 2020, 11:52 AM.

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          That is one heck of a spread!

Roasted chicken on Christmas Eve and a boneless rib roast for today. Both came out delicious. Please don’t chastise me for the roasting rack - my wife insists on using this style, and as she drove the chicken cook I stepped back. She did allow me to monitor the temps and make sure everything was properly cooked . The rib roast was cooked low and slow on the Weber kettle with an SNS until it reached 120 and then seared over the SNS, flipping every 30 secs until it got to 130.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by carlscan26; December 25, 2020, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          I've got two of those racks! Looks great!

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          I bet it tasted great. Cook it how it works. You can’t taste the rack.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Nuthin wrong with a roastin rack; they're almost practically made fer roastin, an such!!! lol

I have multiple of them, use em when applicable, an will kiss nobody's arse fer doin so, Brother!

Nice Cook, many thanks fer sharin with us...

Merry Christmas, Blessed Be, an stay Safe, an Well, Amigo!

So, normally we have 15-20 people for Christmas Dinner. This year was a wee bit different with just 6 of us. But I wasn’t going to not do Prime Rib, potatoes, a great veggie and a great wine. However, I decided to mix it up a bit and do a different recipe for the prime rib and the potatoes.

Prime Rib - Adam Perry Lang’s "Any Time of Year Prime Rib" from his book, Serious Barbecue
        Potatoes - Ree Drummond’s Hasselback Potatoes
        Veggie - My Brussels sprouts and bacon
        Wine - 2006 Terra Valentine Spring Mountain Cabernet

Classic to Lang, the Prime Rib had stages and layers of flavor built in. I’ve never done it before, but it actually turned out very well. The marinade/paste and the glaze built crazy layers of spice and beef flavor and the board sauce was bright and fresh

Click image for larger version  Name:	90CB3B82-9977-4D5C-8689-D26FD964239A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	5.12 MB ID:	963212 Click image for larger version

Name:	0C07AA89-650F-4359-903A-F4CAABA9EACD.jpeg
Views:	246
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	963216

Name:	1DD48DA1-84C6-41EB-AA1D-7196D6EB83C6.jpeg
Views:	245
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	963214
        Click image for larger version  Name:	8FCDECCE-7435-4319-94A5-2D2DEE305ECC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.37 MB ID:	963208

Name:	E88FBFA7-059E-47AD-9E1F-EA1CA8CF022D.jpeg
Views:	253
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	963215
        Click image for larger version  Name:	E3E2E478-1E8C-41A5-B5FD-5678BB7AF854.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.84 MB ID:	963207
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ecowper; December 26, 2020, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          ecowper That might be so....but ya really missed out on some damn good chicken and Mac.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Justa brag mine up, a bit more, totally fergot I added SPOG....hate to give away alla My Secrets, but it's th Holly Daze, an I'm feelin all kinda like sharin some Warm n Fuzzies...

So glad to hear that y'all were able to have a peaceful, lovin meal together, Brother Eric, an God Bless alla yall there! Family...
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 28, 2020, 12:14 AM.

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Bones my secret rub!

Prime rib on the performer with a small chunk of pecan. My wife made scalloped potatoes and green beans. 3.5# roast, cooked at 200 for 3 hours until IT was 128, then took the lid off to get the coals roaring and seared.

Name:	6EB7D721-B3A2-4015-8F40-4F4795B2487F.jpeg
Views:	301
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	962713Click image for larger version

Name:	15014B1F-6242-4DD4-AF99-095E1F21985C.jpeg
Views:	315
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	962711Click image for larger version

Name:	C536E096-12A8-4171-BBFF-FCA6EAF0DBA2.jpeg
Views:	278
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	962714Click image for larger version

Name:	97083E94-CD48-44AF-B597-E9FC44AAB228.jpeg
Views:	281
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	962712

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          I must commend you sir. That is the SECOND best looking pics here all day! ....👍👍
          Last edited by Panhead John; December 25, 2020, 10:35 PM.

• Red Man
          Red Man commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John I would never expect to be able to top your rotisserie chicken and Mac and cheese. 🙇‍♂️

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Simply ridiculous!!

This was my Christmas morning Bloody Mary. I used the smoked ice technique from this site. I rimmed the glass with Meat Church Holy Gospel rub and garnished with lime, celery, and a skewer with a cherry tomato, garlic summer sausage, Tillamook sharp cheddar and smoked and seared piece of pork belly on a pimento cheese biscuit (both cooked in my Traeger pellet grill). It was every bit as good as it looks. The smoked ice technique does work. The ice had a light hickory flavor.
        Attached Files

Comment

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s off the hook!

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          I knew I missed out on something!

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang, that there is GI-Normous, Brother!!!!

Here's wishin I had woke up on yer floor, or somewhere else, kinda near-abouts, lol
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 27, 2020, 09:32 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here