Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us Your Cast Iron Pieces !!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SteveB In case your not motivated enough here's some more pics. First pic it's cooking, next pics are when the roast is done 3 hours later. Slurp. Hope these pics come through.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161229_201015.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	309817

Name:	IMG_20161229_211519.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	309818

Name:	IMG_20161229_212141.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	345.0 KB
ID:	309819

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Seriously Mudkat . Like I need more motivation to feed my MCS. It's a good thing I have 2 dogs to keep me company in my little shed. Hahaha. Well that and the beer fridge. LOL.

That is some kind of great cook! I'm envious Mudkat.

Comment

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks FireMan! If you're ever in the Maryland area you'll have to join us sometime!

Love cast iron, I have quite a few pieces but no where as many as you. my favorite is a highly polished (to a shine)piece I inherited from my grandmother. I need some more dutch ovens especially the camp versions.

Comment

When I obtain some cast iron I know who to turn to for answers. Impressive collection Spinaker!!!

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! The rack is even more full now! I had to buy a second.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Spinaker, yup, unnerstood:
        Needs me another shelf, as well...CI jus seems to be comin outta th woodwork, round here...

Here is an updated picture of my collection. I only collect Iron that has been Cast in the US. However, I would buy some Canadian casting as well, but I focus on American castings. In the first picture, hanging on the left, top rack are most of my Griswold Skillets. (#9, #8, #7, #6, #5, #3) This is my favorite part of my collection. These are a mix of slant-logo and large-block-logo Griswolds. So while not REALLY a true set when finished, that is my goal right now. I don't think I will ever part with these pans.

In the back row are duplicates as well as some vintage BSR, Lodge and Wagners. (I still don't have any Piqua!) On the right is my Finex collection. The #12 is too large to hang so it sits up top! Below the #12, I have some Griswold Griddles, a Griswold Colonial Skillet and my Lodge BBQ Skillets. These babies are work horses. They have spent many hours on top of the KBQ fire box. Lodge still makes a solid product!

Name:	Cast Iron:Center Rack.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	309925
      The second rack is where I store my Hibachi, my monster Lodge 17" skillet, some dutch ovens, my ONLY Griswold Waffle maker, The KBQ control box, the Joule and a few other miscellaneous items.

Name:	Cast Iron:Rack Full.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	349.6 KB
ID:	309926

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        It is an absolute hog. Its great for a camp fire.

• BBQ_Steve-O
        BBQ_Steve-O commented
        Editing a comment
        The next thing you need to add to your collection is a couple more joists in your subfloor!

• JimLinebarger
        JimLinebarger commented
        Editing a comment
        Spinaker You can see the top shelf is deflecting about 1/2-3/4".

Very impressive! Now go bring out the rest of the pieces from the garage.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Guilty

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Me, too lol!!!
        ¡Schuldig!

Wow that is quite the collection. Very impressive! I love cast iron but only have Lodge. You inspired me to expand.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Great to hear! It's addicting.
        Last edited by Spinaker; April 24, 2017, 08:30 PM.

Sweet Lookin' CI, Brother!!!!
      Where are ya' sourcin' yer shelves, an' round SS hooks? I have seen scads of shelves on Amazon Prime, they vary widely in price, an', undoubtedly, quality.
      Th' SS hooks I see are mostly made from flat stock...
      I need to get my CI organized thusly...
      Then, shoot some pics!

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I bought the shelves at HD. They are rated for 400 Lbs. I am probably pushing that now! I need to make a steel rack. I just haven't got there yet.

Spinaker You're a maniac and a good man my brother. You're collection is incredible.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        He is where I got the idea for the hanging rack.

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm kinda speechless looking at that collection.
        Dude it might actually make you look sane. Loving it.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I know. So as long as stay below that....... Steve B

Between you soon to be in a position of putting on an addition to house your CI & CandySueQ having to get a barn for her cookers, what else do we have out there?
      Last edited by FireMan; April 24, 2017, 09:16 PM.

Comment

FireMan Yeah I as mentioned above. Here is what happened last time I stacked too much of it on one place!!!

Name:	Unknown-5.jpeg
Views:	207
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	309991 ​​​​​​​

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Saves on the landscaping.

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Fill that hole with lump coal and bring in a herd of hogs...😋

• Mudkat
          Mudkat commented
          Editing a comment
          Doh!

That is good looking set of iron Spinaker. It gives off a warm earthy glow.

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it does!!

Spinaker Just a couple of finds that need to go to the electrolysis bath to get ready to use. Both of these are Wagners but do not know how old they are and not quite sure what a D Gem pan was for unless for small corn bread or tea cakes. Will post more pics when I get cleaned up and seasoned.

Name:	wagner pancake back.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	316785Click image for larger version

Name:	wagner pancake front.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	316786Click image for larger version

Name:	wagner d gem back.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	316787Click image for larger version

Name:	wagner d gem front.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	316788

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you put these through the bath? How did they come out?

Richard P Dang dang nice stuff. The pan, using the "Stylized" logo was toward the end of Wagner's run. The Gem pan, or muffin pan is a style "D". (12 horizontal, semi-cylindrical cups, arranged 6-6 (N.E.S. New England Style)) DANG nice find!

Comment

• Richard P
          Richard P commented
          Editing a comment
          lonnie mac Thanks. The D Gem pan was a fun find. Just laying on a back shelf sticking out from other rusty stuff. Love antiquing.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Lonnie! I don't know much about gem pans. Especially Wagners.

Looking for some help, Spinaker, or really anyone. Your post got me to thinking the expertise is a post away. I've got a Lodge skillet I took up north this winter to a rental sleeper house for ice fishing. The propane in the cook top ran pretty dirty and there's a lot of oily soot on it now. Ideas on how to clean it up?

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          E-BATH!! Or just hit it with hot soapy water. It wont kill your pan. Seasoning isn't removed with light dish soap. Just don't use any that is caustic. (for your hands too!) But the E-bath will absolutely get you back to square.

• JCGrill
          JCGrill commented
          Editing a comment
          Can I use any old battery charger for that? Or does it need certain features?

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          "Old" is actually the key here. You want to find a manual charger. An automatic charger will cycle off once you connect the juice. JCGrill

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here