Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us Your Cast Iron Pieces !!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, this is impressive...and 9 dutch ovens too? Are you kidding me?

I have a whopping two skillets, one large/medium and one small one from Cracker Barrel.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I just kinda went crazy. I love collecting them. And they make awesome gifts for people.

Nice! That's a great looking CI collection! Mine's just like yours ... if you subtract everything of yours from my three (2 skillets and a Dutch oven) ...

Comment

Wow those are pretty

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Thanks Dan ! A small hobby became an obsession pretty quickly.

Wow. I have two 10", and 8" skillets, and square grill pan, an enameled Dutch Oven and a double-sided griddle. and I thought that was a lot? I have to admit, I don't understand how the shelving unit you're hanging the pans from doesn't fall over though.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Its actually really sturdy. I thought the same thing. But I tipped it forward just to see how much force it would take to tip it over, and its actually really solid.

Spinaker Verrrry impressive dude! I love these pictures. The finex are on my radar. When you want to get out of that winter weather come to CA and show me your cast iron conditioning skills. I thought mine were good but .. .NOPE! LOL

Comment

Oh my... you are the Cast Iron King!!! That's a beautiful collection! Even my grandmother, Rest In Peace, would be jealous of that fine display of CI.🙀

Comment

Spinaker all I can say is just damn! Heckuva collection there!

How do you decide which one to cook with?

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            It's an "aesthetic" choice, I'm sure. ;-)

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Um, I use about a quarter of them. I love different ones for different purposes. Every pan has its own job. Thats what I love about them. But there are some that almost never gets used. But its a blast to cook and serve the whole meal in Cast Iron!

Originally posted by smokinfatties View Post
          Spinaker Verrrry impressive dude! I love these pictures. The finex are on my radar. When you want to get out of that winter weather come to CA and show me your cast iron conditioning skills. I thought mine were good but .. .NOPE! LOL
          hahahaha, you think I could write that off? I mean. There would be an exchange of services.

Its not that hard. You just have know what your doing and do it. There is sooooo much information out there on the "right Way" to season CI. My method is a mix of a few. Happy to share if your interested. Let see your collection. Any vintage pieces?

Comment

Originally posted by Breadhead View Post
            Oh my... you are the Cast Iron King!!! That's a beautiful collection! Even my grandmother, Rest In Peace, would be jealous of that fine display of CI.🙀
            Thank You sir!! Its still growing man! I just picked up a Griswold Colonial Breakfast Pan!! I can't wait for that piece to arrive.
            I am going to strip this one as well, then reseason. I am gonna go quite a few rounds with this one.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600-1.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	240574Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	240575

Comment

Hey Spinaker - Where do you find your cast iron? I love CI too and want to add some to my collection. I don't have much but I have some good stuff in 'em. Here's some pics. ​ ​ ​

Comment

Spinaker, what do you think of the Finex? they are manufactured locally to me but I have never went at looked at them.

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He loves those things.

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have four of their pieces. They are amazing. Heavy and expensive. But they cook like a dream. I love them in the kitchen or on the grill. They have a great milled surface, that is almost non-stick out of the box.

Mudkat Try re-posting your pictures......We would love to see them.

I find most of my pieces at estate sales or thrift stores. You can usually find the best deals at estate sales. Most of the time family member are just trying to get rid of what they have, and you can find some killer deals. Beware of thrift stores, they can be pricey and often times the pieces are marked waaaay above what they are worth. (Some store owners think they are selling gold and not Cast Iron.)

Ebay is also a good place to find cast iron. However it can get pricey. But you can find deals too. I like to go to Ebay to find special pieces. Like the one I posted above.

Comment

Well this all maks me want to start growing my small collection! Dang dang nice stuff man!

Comment

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey thanks! You already have your collection of Heavy Metal.
                    Last edited by Spinaker; April 24, 2017, 05:30 PM.

Thanks Spinaker! I threw in a couple of more while I was at it. Here goes nuthin...

Name:	20161228_165642a.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	340.8 KB
ID:	309765

Name:	IMG_20161229_175536.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	309766

Name:	IMG_20161228_200340.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	309767

Name:	IMG_20161229_113444.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	262.8 KB
ID:	309768

Name:	20170421_192338.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	309769

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great pics, Thanks fer sharin'!!!

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very nice! I love that Dutch-Skillet you have going on in that last picture.

Ya had to show me that dutch oven with the, I'm assuming pot roast, looking all beautiful and yummy. Damn you.
                  I have to start being more aggressive with my ci. I've been babying mine so far. Seeing them on the open fire and coals like this makes me realize I can really put a fire under their asses and not worry. Awesome.

Comment

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh yeah! Cast Iron was over the fire for 1,000 years before they were ever put on cooktop!

• Steve B
                    Steve B commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I gotcha brother. I will have some more questions about this in the future. And I know you're the man on this topic.

• Mudkat
                    Mudkat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The first pot pic is pot roast (tongue twister there) the second pot pic is Jambalaya

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here