Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking - 7/16/2014 through 3/13/2015

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used this much pellets for a startup and 6 hr smoke at 225*F:
    Before
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5959-M.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	15922

After

Name:	DSCF5971-M.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	15921

Comment

And then there was the clean up

The drip pan didn't catch everything. My fault as I didn't keep the meat completely on the drip pan. This was after a startup and 6 hr smoxe at 225*F

Name:	DSCF5970-M.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	15930

So I vacuumed out all I could and then wiped the oily sections out with paper towels.

Name:	DSCF5954-M.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	15931

I had lined the drip pan with foil which really facilitated clean up considerably. I just removed the foil with the dripping and washed with a soapy sponge.

Name:	DSCF5953-M.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	15932

Then I just reassembled, covered, and moved some things around on the deck and it is stored.

Name:	DSCF5973-L.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	15935

I think I will get another umbrella and overlap the two and it will be a great cover over the grill and smoker when cooking.
      Attached Files

Comment

Little brisket choice flat and a couple of racks of beef ribs. BBBR with a lil bit of coffee grounds mixed in for the rub. Nothing fancy, but super delicious. Cooked with the smokenator on a weber 22, crutched the flat at 180, pulled off at 203, held in the oven in triple foil for an hour. Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	16074

Comment

Beautimous!

Comment

Eye of Chuck with Granny's Texas Beans, Cole Slaw with Stuffed Mushrooms and Stuffed Giant Jalapeno's on the side.

Comment

Looking totally awesome, flavorsavor and wild bill! I've got a pork butt for pulled pork, a butt for a pork roars (trying henrik's pork rest), so e hot and sweet sausages and 2 rib racks, one with my rub and one with MMD so I can do a side by side comparison. Good eats, sometime tonight (I'm hoping)!

Comment

• richinlbrg
              richinlbrg commented
              Editing a comment
              That should have been henrick's pork fest, not pork rest (auto incorrect). Sorry about the typos

Life is good.

Started out sitting out in the front yard with my dog and my new Weber & Smokenator. It was 73 degrees at 12:00.

Name:	photo 2-4.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	16233

Pastrami was being smoked and I was watching the Eagles/Jaguars on my iPad.

(Pastrami after 10-day brine & 5-day dry rub)

Name:	photo 1-4.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	16234

​Weber mostly settled down (though I have some practicing and calibrating to do). Moved inside to the big screen. The Eagles won. My fantasy football team is doing well. And the pastrami is currently at 181.

Comment

This weekend, 2 Choice briskets, HOF and HOP separated, and 2 racks of full spares, and some chicken. All per AmazingRibs.com instructions.
              • Dry Brined the Briskets for 12 hours. Oiled and rubbed with BBBR (I added just a little salt to the BBBR, since I dry brined.
              • I have a 22.5 WSM, and I used the Fuse Method, 4 hunks of Oak and a few smaller pieces mixed in.
              • Cooked at about 225 for 6 hours, to 165, then crutched with some apple juice for 2 hours.
              • When I pulled, The Flats were a little overcooked (210).
              • And The Points could have used some more time without the crutch to render out a little more fat.
              • Let them rest in the cooler for about 2 hours.
              • All were tender. The flats were a little dryer than preferred.
              • I put them back on the cooker at 260 for about 30 minutes before I cut. Not long or hot enough to really firm up the bark, but it may have helped.
              • Taste was pretty good
              • I did not get the "smoke" ring very deep. I'm still working on how to pull that off consistently. Any feedback on that is welcome.

The ribs full spares that were on sale a couple weeks ago, and I cooked 17 racks of them for the PTO meeting at an elementary school that I volunteer at last week. The 5th graders helped me oil and rub the ribs, part of the Leadership Training! I simply overlooked these two racks in my fridge, so I cooked 'em today.
              • Seemed like a lot of the juice was out of the ribs and in the plastic packaging.
              • Cooked on the top shelf in a vertical rack.
              • 22.5 WSM #2, Fuse method, with Cherry Chunks.
              • Made the mistake of using some coals left over from yesterday - big mistake. Could not get it up to temp, so I added some more hot coals, spreading them all over the top of the unlit coals. Took a good 2 hours to get the cooker up to temp (was lingering about 205 for that first while).
              • Cooked for 6 hours.
              • They seemed blacker than I I often get, and like part of the rub washed off.
              • Taste and tenderness was good.
              • The Saints played today, so I'm mandated by PaulsTheRibList rules to cook Ribs, unless I'm traveling and unable to pull together a smoker whereever I am at.
              • The Saints lost to the Dirty Birds, but I'm still a Loyal Fan.
              Did some Simon & Garfunkel Chicken at the end. It was good..

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
                PaulstheRibList commented
                Editing a comment
                OK, I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures within the text? I just copied the pic and hit paste in the spot I wanted it. But it didn't work properly. What am I missing?

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Paul, this link here: http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...e-posting-tips will walk you through it. It's located under Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel on the main page.

Don't use the camera icon, it puts pics into a thumbnail size that you have to click, and then get popups that still aren't very big. Use the attachment icon on the upper-right of every comment box, next the the "A", it looks like a clipboard with a paper clip on it. The link above walks you through the details step by step with pictures.

• PaulstheRibList
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, bro

Trying to decide on this

or that, reverse seared Ribeye with Creamed spinach

Comment

both and I will bring the wine

Comment

Me too!! That looks great Ernest. You inspire me!!

Comment

Baby backs and I dont know yet.

Comment

May do some beef back ribs on the PBC (is there anything else to cook on??) tomorrow evening after work. Pick up after work, then throw on some salt and leftover BBBR from the brisket cook last weekend.

Finally got a little rain coming down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
                        (is there anything else to cook on??)

Name:	3263454-impliedfacepalm.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	17159

Comment

It's fun cooking some BBQ. I'm making more friends all the time. This week, a friend is hosting a surprise party for her hubby's 30th Bday, and she asked me to man the grill. She was just asking me to cook burgers and dogs. But we are having none of that. Here's what we picked up today...

Name:	IMG_8360.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	17521
                          17 racks of St. Louis for 50+ adults. I def need to find out where to buy them fresh, not frozen. I'm getting up early Sunday morning to smoke them on a pair of 22.5" WSM's, serving at lunch. Doing Memphis Dust rub, Apple wood, 225 for 6 hours. No wet. I'll take some pic's and keep you informed.

I'm off to Houston tomorrow to bring one of my Princesses to the Ballet. And I'll spend my 2.5 hours hitting 2-3 BBQ joints to check out the joy.

UPDATE: Meat went on the 2 WSM's at 6 am. OK, you caught me, I wanted it on at 5 am, but I must have hit snooze on the alarm. It took me way to long to prep them last night. About half of them we still kind-of frozen. I went to Houston yesterday to bring my daughter and a friend to the Ballet, and I went on a little BBQ Hunt with the 3 hours I had. It was great! Great BBQ and made friends with one owner/pitmaster. We didn't get home until about 9, and I didn't get started with the rib prep until 11...finished at 1:30 with them all rubbed and back in the cooler outside by the smokers.

Name:	IMG_8390.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	17519

No worries. They are up to temp and doing the magic RIGHT NOW!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by PaulstheRibList; September 14, 2014, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
                            Editing a comment
                            The Ribs came out GREAT! My best big cook yet.

• Marauderer
                            Marauderer commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The Ribs look Great. I am sure they were a hit with the folks you fixed them for.

• David Parrish
                            David Parrish commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Awesome story. Awesome cook!

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here