Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking - 7/16/2014 through 3/13/2015

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend turned 30, and his wife planned a surprise lunch after church, 50+ adults expected. I posted pictures of the 17 racks of St. Louis cut that I bought for the occasion. Her are the finished products:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8394.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	17913
    These were on the bottom rack of the WSM, and I pulled them up to the top thinking they would need some more time, but they were pretty good! (My Maverick thermometer said the bottom rack was 185 most of the cook, the top rack 225 and the lid thermometer 250. But apparently the bottom rack cooked pretty well.)

Name:	IMG_8395.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	17914
    Here is the birthday boy getting the first smell with the 17 racks calling for the crowd to eat them up!

Name:	IMG_8399.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	17915
    I smoked these with Apple and Cherry. There were only a couple of spots where the racks were too close and did not form good bark.

This was By Far my best big cook. The 2 WSM's were pretty full, and handled the job well, but not without some drama: One of the cookers needed all the vents wide open to reach temp, and it still lagged behind for the first 2.5 hours. The other cooker had the bottom vents about 2/3 closed after 90 minutes in.

I used about 3/4 of a 20 pound bag in each, and a 3/4 full large Weber chimney as the starter, modified minion (I spread the center coals out a bit to light more coals faster). Put them on at 6:10 am, pulled them off starting at 11:45.

I'm an addict to cooking BBQ! I'm giving away gift certificates to some local non-profits where I am on the board to auction off Ribs for 50. #theRibListGrows
    Attached Files

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Paul you're holding the camera upside down, lol. You're the man! That upside down guy looks quite happy!

• The Burn
      The Burn commented
      Editing a comment
      At least on my Mac, I've found if I open a photo taken with my iPhone and just re-save it, it posts right side up.

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, guys! I can't wait to do another cook! (Actually, there is a real, life competition on Oct 3-4,and I'll be doing my first overnight cook in a park, so I'll be practicing this weekend.)

On the pictures, I'm left handed so i end up holding the phone the other way sometimes, so I have to edit and re-save on the PC before I post...but pulling all those membranes in my kitchen took a lot of time, and I wanted to GO TO SLEEP Sunday night, lol!

Awesome cook Paul. I'm tired just thinking about all those membranes you had to pull.

Comment

Wow, you are a busy bee Paul, as for the pics I have an android phone, Galaxy Note 3, and it has the same problem. Just turn it over and find the correct p[osition when you are taking the pics and the problem goes away.

Comment

This weekend I've got 2.5lbs of Maple Bacon, 1lb of Maple-Coffee Bacon, adding a pork butt, because, well, why not? Buying the PB tomorrow, dry brine Friday, smoke everything on Saturday.

Oh, and I will probably make cracklins too, because I can.

That's my weekend. On Sunday I'm going to reheat some pulled pork for pulled pork breakfast burritos, maybe make MH's french toast on homemade white bread, and pancakes. Gotta have something to go with the BACON!

Comment

• Marauderer
          Marauderer commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah, lots of vegetables for breakfast. MH understands french toast. I am headed to the butcher to get bacon today. They have regular, pepper, and garlic bacon. I have company coming from out of town and he really likes thick bacon and I can get it custom sliced. Sounds like yopu have a great weekend planned.

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Leftover pulled pork is awesome on eggs Benedict too. Just sayin...

• PaulstheRibList
          PaulstheRibList commented
          Editing a comment
          I think making Cracklins in a cast iron cauldron makes you a Cajun.

Originally posted by Thom Emery
        I will figure out posting pictures :0)
        Thom this post here should help you with pictures!

Wow fall has come early this year in MI. We've been having highs in the 60s the last two weeks. We're a good month early for this weather, it's been in the low 40s the last several nights. The Great Lakes never really warmed up this summer to comfortable swimming temps, the summer has been so mild. We're all getting happy it's suppose to be "up to" 75 Saturday!

Comment

It's getting serious here at Parrish Manor. I have 3+ pounds of PRIME ribeye and 13 pounds of pork shoulder dry brining in the fridge for our weekend with friends. My DW's best friend from high school, her husband, and their 2 kids are staying over for barbecue and good fellowship. Can't wait!

Comment

Enjoy Dave, sounds like a special day! Jealous of the prime ribeye for sure. Myself I'm doing char siu pork over peach wood tomorrow (courtesy of Maurauderer) and Sat a deep fry party. I need to dietthe rest the week

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron 'Huskee' Lyons View Post
              Enjoy Dave, sounds like a special day! Jealous of the prime ribeye for sure. Myself I'm doing char siu pork over peach wood tomorrow (courtesy of Maurauderer) and Sat a deep fry party. I need to dietthe rest the week

I saw the char siu thread. That looks VERY promising!

You and me will both need to diet after this weekend.

Comment

• Marauderer
                Marauderer commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you think!!

Cooking ribs and chicken this weekend Practice a picture post
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for letting me practice in this thread

Comment

Last weekends cook Brisket and two butts
                  Attached Files

Comment

Got to thinking about it and realized we haven't any country ribs for a while. So I'm gonna head over to Smith's tomorrow morning and see what they have. Dry-brine overnight and cook 'em on Sunday in time for the late game (5:30 Pacific time.) Shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 hours at most.

Might get some chicken thighs for tomorrow evening, too.

Comment

I have Grill grates on my Weber and have never tried them upside down for burgers...sounds like the easy button! My subscription is already paying off

Comment

This weekend we are having scrapple, eggs, hotdogs (Beef, pork, beef and pork spicey), three racks of ribs, fried onion rings, french fries, shrimp, and scallops, coleslaw, asparagus, lettuce wedge salad with Gorgonzola crumbles, bacon (another vegie)crumbles chili, blt's, and Schroeder's Surprise. Not necessarily in that order. That would be lunch, supper and breakfast tomorrow morning. I get to try out my new GMG Davy Crockett Wifi camping grill.

Comment

• David Parrish
                          David Parrish commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You got ANOTHER smoker? Sir, I don't think your fixed income is all that fixed lol

This weekend is a turkey (for the first time) on my Pit Barrel Cooker. Should be fun.

Kathryn

Comment

• David Parrish
                          David Parrish commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Pics I'm hopin!

• fzxdoc
                          fzxdoc commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Fo' sho', Dave.

Kathryn

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here