Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking - 7/16/2014 through 3/13/2015

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday I'm making the grilled eggplant parm recipe from the website ( http://amazingribs.com/recipes/other..._parmesan.html ), Saturday beef ribs! 3 racks of backribs, 1 lamb "baby back", and a few short ribs. The Performer will be crowded. Sipping on Moscow Mules and Dark and Stormies out of some sweet new mugs we just got gifted. Gotta break em in right. Click image for larger version

Name:	9k=.JPEG
Views:	181
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	5908 (image from website)

Comment

It's the wife's birthday this weekend so I will be doing 6 racks of baby backs and 4 whole chickens

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! I can get to KY in about 10 hrs I think, so am I invited? (jk)

This is my 4-night weekend to work Fri-Mon nights, 12 1/2 hr shifts. My weekend food will consist of brown-bagging, coffee, and Rockstars. Sometimes a doughnut or two. I will be drooling over everyone's pics and cursing my weekend to work.

But never fear, last night was reverse-seared burgers with whiskey barrel oak staves on the Weber. Tonight is turkey burgers with provolone, avocado, and toasted buns over Apricot wood. So juicy they need no condiments. Weds and Thurs are usually my weekends

Comment

Well, I'll be cooking for my RibList this weekend, 6-8 racks of Last Meal Ribs to share and build on some friendships!

Comment

• Jon Solberg
          Jon Solberg commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm your friend hehheheheh

I've got two Angus Filet Mignons I'll be reverse searing Friday and 12 short ribs I'll be smoking Saturday. Sunday I have to travel for a week of work In Kansas City, so unfortunately no cooking on Sunday.

Tonight I reverse seared a 2 lb pork tenderloin. It was a short notice cook. Wife had it waiting on me when I got home. I felt like I was on one of those quick fire cooking shows!

Comment

Friday -- calibrating the cooker for wood.

Saturday -- burgers over direct heat.

Sunday -- Last Meal SLC's indirect.

Comment

Trying Last Meal Ribs again this weekend. Baby backs are on sale so I will be using those. Hopefully it will go better this time lol

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Can't go wrong with BBs, my favorite

Last night I did a 6 lb. boneless pork butt on the WSM with Memphis Dust. 13.5 hours at 225º, served with some Kiss & Vinegar. Yum! Served it with some Granny's beans, corn bread and a rum cake. I'm the new neighborhood hero.

Comment

Just bought a chuck roast to grind for burgers this evening, and 2 slabs of SLCs under Memphis Dust for tomorrow, all over wood for the first time.

Comment

Wife's birthday cookout turn out great. The ribs and chicken were fantastic. For some reason I couldn't get the picture of the chicken to upload.

Comment

NICE DWC. What temp did you cook those ribs at? You've got quite a bit of bone showing. I'm wondering if you didn't hit 300F at some point... or maybe a lot of time in foil?

I see the chicken in one of the pics.

Comment

I smoked them between 235 - 250 never went over 260 for 3 hours then wrap for 1.5 hours and back in the smoker for 45 minutes. They were nice and juicy. Next time I might go 2.5 hours instead of 3 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
                      I smoked them between 235 - 250 never went over 260 for 3 hours then wrap for 1.5 hours and back in the smoker for 45 minutes. They were nice and juicy. Next time I might go 2.5 hours instead of 3 hours.

That's a lot of wrap time. That explains why the bones are showing so much.

Comment

So what do you think Pit Boss, maybe cut the wrap time to 1 hr?

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
                          So what do you think Pit Boss, maybe cut the wrap time to 1 hr?

I don't wrap ribs. Meathead mentions it in the LMR article and says it's not worth the effort basically. I’ve seen him comment on the subject before and he said if you have to do it then wrap an hour or less. I want to say he'd recommended 30 to 45 minutes.

It sounds like you were really happy with your ribs, though, so keep doing what makes you happy

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here