Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July 2015 - June 2016 Gold Medal Giveaway Winners!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 2015 - June 2016 Gold Medal Giveaway Winners!

As one of your many Pitmaster Club Benefits, each month you are automatically entered to win the Gold Medal Giveaway. Starting today we're announcing the Gold Medal Giveaway winners in The Pit, then giving them 5 days to respond in this thread with their prize choice from the many prizes in our prize list. Prize values range from $250 to over $1400! Every winner also wins a case of Black Swan Barbecue sauces. For all of the details click the Gold Medal Giveaway link above.

This month's Gold Medal Giveaway winner is Bill Shafer. Bill (wjshaf21 here in The Pit), you have until 7/26/2015 to review the prize list and let us know what you want. We hope to hear from you soon!

Announcing the winner in the pit is great news, but you you didn't pull my name from the hat Congrats Bill!

Comment

#FunFunFun

Comment

Just curious, what would you guys pick if you won?

Comment

• Drbearsec
          Drbearsec commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a KBQ already... So probably a Good Open Range, Broil Keg, or Backwoods Chubby... Although If I had my druthers, I'd sell the KBQ to someone on the forums at a good price and buy a Primo XL or maybe a Rectec Mini...

• Timcee
          Timcee commented
          Editing a comment
          Another vote for Karubeque.. Hey Drbearsec.. Wana trade for a summer? The Open Range for your KBQ? :-)

• JohnF
          JohnF commented
          Editing a comment
          Broil King Keg With Cover, or cyber Q

Thats a tough one. I've actually thought a lot about it.

Sounds crazy but I think I would see if OBR needed a cooker. Pick that one. Pay the tax or whatever and donate it.

Perhaps I should not have committed to that in writing.

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Too late now

Karubecue

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
          PaulstheRibList commented
          Editing a comment
          My stick-burning obsession continues

• Drbearsec
          Drbearsec commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah but the KBQ is the best smoker I've owned. I love it.

PaulstheRibList I'm with him. Karubecue would be mine. Those just look rowdy. And what an awesome design.

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey mackdaddy I hear ya brother. There is certainly something to say for Charcoal and gas. That is why I use Kingsford Blue and White almost exclusively. Consistency, and I know what I am getting. Your spot on right there. It also helps that I have access to Apple wood from a ten acre apple orchard. So I do know what I am getting. I tend to forget most folks don't have access like that. I just think the KBQ is so cool!! I mean you have to admit, everything else aside, It would be a riot running that baby for at least one cook. Hahaha!

• mackdaddy
          mackdaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Spinaker maybe I can do what you do. There are apple orchards all around here in SC, PA. I'll stop by and see if they have wood I can use from trees they chop down or pull up. Never thought about that. If so, maybe a wood burner might be in the future. Just have to find room.
          Last edited by mackdaddy; August 23, 2015, 12:11 PM. Reason: spelling error

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          mackdaddy they will more than likely be happy to give you some trees that have not made it through the winter. We just burned ours before I got into smoking meats. Now I can't imagine doing that!!

Thanks for the congrats. Honored to win this month's Gold Medal Giveaway. Wanting a smoker was between the Backwoods Chubby and the Karubeque. Can't get away from the Karubeque. I'm drawn to that beauty. Thats my choice: Karubeque. Thanks Amazing Ribs.

Comment

Originally posted by wjshaf21 View Post
          Thanks for the congrats. Honored to win this month's Gold Medal Giveaway. Wanting a smoker was between the Backwoods Chubby and the Karubeque. Can't get away from the Karubeque. I'm drawn to that beauty. Thats my choice: Karubeque. Thanks Amazing Ribs.
          A hearty welcome to The Pit wjshaf21, fellow Michiganianite! and a big congrats! Look forward to seeing some pics and stories here of that beauty!

Comment

Originally posted by wjshaf21 View Post

Excellent choice!

Comment

Great choice and welcome. I wanna see some good stuff coming off of there.

Comment

Karubecue. And for the record, this is my pick when I do actually win.

Comment

The Good One is my choice, though I may have bought one by the time I win!
                  Last edited by Dewesq55; July 20, 2015, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Ernest
                    Ernest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LOL!! I'm thinking so as well.

I'd have a hard time choosing! Hard to be the SRF package. Several cookers I wouldn't mind adding to my arsenal either. Broil King keg, the Weber deal, the Good One, Backwoods Chubby, all winners!

Comment

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've got the BROIL KING KEG and I love it.

My family owns a farm with fruit orchards and I could feed that Karubecue all day long. Apple, cherry, peach, etc.

Comment

• David Parrish
                    David Parrish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You need an offset with that kind of wood supply

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here