Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 20, Winter 2020/2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pan-seared kampachi filet with miso-glazed roasted cauliflower.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210318_023138343.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	1005267

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice looking dish. I like the addition of the parsley. Sometimes we discover that we have made a completely 'white' meal. (eg: add white rice or potatoes to your plate above.)

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Dr. Pepper - I know what you mean. We usually have a salad, but after the main and on a separate plate, so we don't even get the benefit of the greens on the plate. Our plates tend to have a lot of tans and browns.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      I make a sauce sometimes with avocado citrus (lime or lemon juice) and sometimes a little mayo with my immersion blender. I might need to do a similar dish as yours as I think that sauce would pair amazing with a plate like that..

Grilled flank steak with chimichurri sauce.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Gorgeous

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome!

Name:	20210317_185143.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	1005346Click image for larger version

Name:	20210317_190221.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	1005347 Did my first flat iron steaks last night. Hot and fast and kept flipping them. I didn't get the char like I've seen others on the board get, but they were tasty. Being thin cuts they weren't easy to get an accurate reading with the Thermo-Pop but they were approximately 130 - 135 deg.

Comment

I give you Malcom Reed's BBQ Shrimp and Grits! (https://howtobbqright.com/2018/03/29...imp-and-grits/)

This was quite good. This was also the first time I peeled and deveined my own shrimp. All in all, it wasn't a big deal, just time consuming....and the more I did, the better and faster at it I got.

The butter/lemon/worchestershire sauce for the shrimp and the sausage is very nice and balances well with the creaminess of the cheese grits.

I would make two changes....one, I'd use about half as much sausage and also....and perhaps most important....somehow I ended up using instant grits. This dish needs real grits.

Name:	IMG-4625.JPG
Views:	304
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1005509

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, lol, my pasta bowls were in the running dishwasher. I can see the utility....that sauce was about to flow over!

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a good recipe, I cooked it as well. Nice work !!!

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      It also reheats surprisingly well. (Pan on stove, low and gentle heat.) But then, anything swimming in two stick of butter would probably reheat well in any case.

Just cooked some Prime Filets from Costco for me and a couple of Mom’s neighbors. She has some fantastic neighbors who help her out sometimes when I’m not there. It’s really a relief knowing they’re around for help, if she ever needs it. Anyway, these steaks were some of the best I’ve done. But honestly, the taste between their prime filets and choice was marginal at best. They are both great tasting cuts of steak, but I’m not sure if the price difference was worth it. If anyone is wondering, I asked one of the butchers at Costco yesterday about their blade tenderizing. He said they do not blade tenderize the filets, but all the other cuts they do. P.S. I was starving and didn’t care too much about how crappy my pictures came out.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; March 18, 2021, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      My takeaway is "look how big those mushrooms are!" Seriously, steak, mushrooms and bakers are a match made in heaven.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Throw in some cob corn and you'd have my last meal on earth down to a tee !!!

• willxfmr
      willxfmr commented
      Editing a comment
      Man, I need to live next to your Mom!

Name:	B4E79CC7-6EFB-4A73-8521-5A87CCA60217.jpeg
Views:	318
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	1005655 Sous Vide beef tenderloin 122
    Francis Mallman Chimichurri- yum
    lettuce w homemade ranch dressing- 1st time, delish
    Vito’s mutz (Hoboken) w tomatoes
    scalloped potatoes

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman thanks. Gotta admit I was pretty happy with it myself

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooh, very nice!!!

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks perfect!
      And a nice presentation.

Went with chicken breasts and legs last night but ramped it up with some homemade Huskee 's Original "Shawsh". Gotta say i found it quite delicious as did the family - even my pasta princess 10-year-old who hates bbq sauce and eats everything with ketchup! cooked on the Weber kettle. nothing too fancy but darn tasty. i left the water out of the sauce as i liked the consistency as it was and I forgot to add the OJ at the end so will have to try another batch but so easy and so good.

Name:	IMG_20210318_180648360.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	1005791

Name:	IMG_20210318_190601908.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	1005790

Name:	IMG_20210318_204834970.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	1005792

Name:	IMG_20210318_205438696.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	1005793

Comment

Flank Steak Fajitas

Name:	IMG_0913.jpeg
Views:	252
Size:	286.0 KB
ID:	1005939

Name:	IMG_0914.jpeg
Views:	230
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	1005940

Comment

Pastrami!
    Attached Files

Comment

• JCGrill
      JCGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks fine

Steak and green beans. I had a little sauce leftover from some Mongolian Beef, went great with the beans.

Name:	20210319_183113.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	1005969

Name:	20210319_183322.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	1005970

Comment

Little Captain Rodney’s over drumsticks. Have a great weekend!
    Attached Files

Comment

Chicken cutlets on Blackstone and green beans & bacon, salad was not pictured.
      Attached Files

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        I miss read the bottom line and said, "bacon salad?? I want a bacon salad!" Alas....

Samich.....Italian Sub
      Attached Files

Comment

Made some BBQ chicken yesterday. Turned out great even though it cooked too long.
        Attached Files

Comment

Name:	FF294D7C-3771-4ABE-B1FD-736F67AF8C57.jpeg
Views:	240
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	1006094Click image for larger version

Name:	8700EA6E-3E70-400E-AD85-DAB858077D31.jpeg
Views:	215
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	1006096Click image for larger version

Name:	2A3AF9EE-94C5-4A51-8AB3-244E7015EEAA.jpeg
Views:	213
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	1006095 Flat iron steak with a sprinkle of Hank’s Bonafide Beef Rub. Delicious!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here