Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 22, Summer 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First cook on the Hasty Bake. I know, I know it took me a while to use it after it arrived. Bless me fellow smokers, for I have sinned. Anywho. Ribs dusted with some Meat Mitch Naked seas'ning. Keto and Whole 30 friendly. The Misses and I are starting a new diet. I threw some brats on the top shelf. They have browned up before the pit achieved typical smoking temperature. I'll smoke some Brussel Sprouts and sweet tater mixture closer to the end of the smoke.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cajunrph; July 25, 2021, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Steve bradley
      Steve bradley commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a beautiful piece of equipment

• Cajunrph
      Cajunrph commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha, CaptainMike, I take it you don't like Brussel Sprouts. These are going to be mixed with sweet taters, onions, Anaheim peppers, dusted with a to-be-determined mixture of Cumin, garlic powder, SnP, and maybe more. Thinking of dousing it in Basalmic vinegar and olive oil. Then smoked to perfection on the Hasty-Bake. And I'll throw in some mushrooms for good measure.

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      shiny.....

Just got back from blue fin tuna trip had to smoke some 6 hour smoke 170 degrees soaked 24 hours garlic,teriyaki, jalapeño onion. So good
    Attached Files

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve bradley - Where was the tuna trip?

• Bbqmikeg
      Bbqmikeg commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that looks good. The fish didn’t even know he was going to heaven!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats is a bad A pic man!

And I love those XtraTuffs great boat shoes. They are a must on my AK trips.

These set in brine a few hours, came out good. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0364.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	1066455

Comment

Awesome charcuterie platter for our get together today! 🫒🍎🥝 Click image for larger version

Name:	B2582F76-34C2-4333-AC0C-73B060BE3B72.jpeg
Views:	270
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	1066469Click image for larger version

Name:	6F67394B-3685-42E7-9D9F-BB3E2EC6B736.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	236.1 KB
ID:	1066470

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        looks like a great snacking board!

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome indeed.

• crazytown3
        crazytown3 commented
        Editing a comment
        WOW does that look good.

I was bored so I made homemade pizza dough and smoked two pizzas. Hey, I'm Italian! If I don't have pizza at least once a week my mom would disown me.
      Attached Files

Comment

This hardly qualifies as "cooking" ... but the tomatoes are ready, the basil is fresh from the herb garden, the mozzarella is pretty good, and the avocado ain't half bad (finally!) ... so it's a caprese(ish) salad sorta evening ... ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	480C85A4-4F92-44F9-94F3-C88C11AC8FDE_1_201_a.jpeg
Views:	270
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	1066505

... and now to figure out what else we're having ...

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          The Master Gardener and I were just talking about Caprese salad, come on tomatoes!!!

• WayneT
          WayneT commented
          Editing a comment
          My wife makes her own mozzarella. It's pretty simple and makes a helluva difference on a caprese.

Two loaves baked today, one rack of St. Louis cut ribs. Still need to make dinner,

Click image for larger version  Name:	CEB01E32-F8CD-465F-A959-2DFD8758A727.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.68 MB ID:	1066512
        Click image for larger version  Name:	0A4A8D99-B45F-4B29-8570-35EF2B7DE9EB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	474.0 KB ID:	1066510
        Click image for larger version  Name:	81339EE8-404A-4413-809D-C842E137D9EE.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.35 MB ID:	1066513

Click image for larger version  Name:	0DB61B7A-7C15-4606-9CB3-3EFFB831A0AA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	590.6 KB ID:	1066511

Last one was sent to me. I made this rack of ribs and beans to go with one loaf of bread, making another rack and beans to go with the other loaf for tomorrow. We ate smash burgers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	321C4AA8-FF67-4E6E-A4C2-56A515C71A02.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	254.6 KB ID:	1066626
        Last edited by Richard Chrz; July 25, 2021, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          That bread reminds me of a dear departed Uncle who one time, split his pants in front of the whole family a some almost forgotten family gathering...

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ll bet that "cracked" y’all up! 🙄

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautimous Foods, as always, Brother!
          Love to hear more bout yer beans, mebbe over on th Bean Channel!!!

Richard Chrz you really need to work on your cooks and bakes. And the pictures MEH. Just kidding, looks fantastic as usual.

Comment

bread looks awesome!

Comment

Simple steak and chicken night, quasi-Argentinian style. Chicken thighs and flatiron steak on the kettle with some fresh chimichurri, sautéed new potatoes and some pattypan squash.

Name:	4B26EB7B-8BE7-433C-98FA-54580ED5D6B6.jpeg
Views:	252
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	1066541

Name:	08643FA6-79E4-48A3-A4AC-C451059B569A.jpeg
Views:	281
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	1066540

Comment

Tonight, it was comfort food with a twist and a couple of assists from The Pit. On my last trip to the UF meat market, I picked up some of their "slab bacon". My new Rapala filet knife (recommended to me on the recent post about separating a brisket) was perfect for removing the skin from the slab. And then my trusty brisket sword (part of my Secret Santa gift courtesy of Beefchop ) was just the thing to slice the bacon. I planned simple BLT's on some burger buns that were sitting around. And then I suddenly remembered I have the stuff to make some chipotle crema for tomorrow night's chorizo and potato burritos. So I made the crema, toasted the buns and cooked up some of the bacon. Wow. I may have to have chipotle crema on all of my BLT's in the future.

Name:	2021-07-25 18.44.44.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	1066544

Name:	2021-07-25 18.46.16.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1066543

Comment

Some Bourbon, Maple, Fresh Dill, Grilled Lake Michigan Coho Salmon, SnS Yellow Squash, Cider, Caraway Roasted Red Cabbage, Grilled Corn on the Cob. And Raja making sure nobody interferes,,,,

Name:	IMG_5883.JPG
Views:	273
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	1066569Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5876.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	1066571Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5881.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	273.3 KB
ID:	1066572Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5884.JPG
Views:	257
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	1066573Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5878.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	1066570

Comment

• RichieB
                  RichieB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What a prestigious looking dog. Waiting for where is mine?
                  Last edited by RichieB; July 25, 2021, 07:15 PM.

I found these two cast iron 45 lb weight plates sitting in my backyard, they must have been back there for 10 plus years. Anyways, I naturally came up with the "brilliant" idea to sear a steak on them.

Step1 Dry brine overnight- Step 2 sous vide- Step 3 sear on old cast iron exercise equipment- Step 4 Pray I don't get Tetanus
                Attached Files

Comment

• CaptainMike
                  CaptainMike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love it!!!

• Eric2662
                  Eric2662 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It was so much fun to cook honestly! The crazier the better in my opinion 🤪

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is awesome!

Tonight was steak night…again. Y’all are probably tired of my steak pics by now, but here it is anyway. A Costco blade tenderized NY Strip cooked medium rare to 135*. I love Costco steaks. It was awesome with some marinated and smoked mushrooms. Not shown…frozen French fries baked in the oven. 🙄
                Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for your tip there Mike, sincerely appreciated. I’ve been seeing so much about SVing and how everyone is raving about it. But I honestly just don’t think I’ll ever get into that. I might be missing out, but with it being me here by myself and with limited kitchen storage space, I don’t see it happening. I’ve probably cooked 50 or more steaks from Costco, all cooked medium rare, and never came close to getting sick. Now, mentally, some of you might disagree. 🥸
                  Last edited by Panhead John; July 26, 2021, 06:44 AM.

• Michael_in_TX
                  Michael_in_TX commented
                  Editing a comment
                  One does not tire of steak photos or cooks.

• CaptainMike
                  CaptainMike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks pretty dang good to me, brother!!

Pork Belly Burnt Ends! So good! 🔥
                Attached Files

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                  Richard Chrz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Awesome!

• CaptainMike
                  CaptainMike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tough to beat PBBE's.

• WayneT
                  WayneT commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Never cooked those before. I've got some PB from Costco in my freezer and now a mission to use them!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here